B: A great way to start is to make your own level thread like in the link above and upload your levels to a file-sharing site so community members can download the levels you upload.
C: Icons? Not sure what you mean by that. If you mean a level image, just include an image file into the mission folder and name it the same as the level it belongs to; so if you want a picture for level5.mis you need to name the image level5.png.
If you want to create an icon for your custom level (I assume you mean the preview icon in the level select) there are two ways to do it:
- Pressing Ctrl+L will create a preview icon directly from the current camera perspective.
- Pressing Ctrl+P (or print screen for Windows / Cmd+Shift+4 for Mac) will take a screenshot of the entire game window, which you can scale down and edit for your preview icon. Place in the same directory as your mis file, named the same (see kalle29's post).
PQ in a nutshell
I think it's "level picture", not "level icons". Either works though.
So what you have to do is to make the GUI disappear (the timer, the gem counter, and the powerup box).
- To do that, press the Y key while in a level. If that doesn't work, go into Level Editing mode by entering "$testcheats=1;" (without quotes) and then play your level.
- Or press the More.. button at the bottom of the Level Select menu and press the button with a crane as its icon, and then press Y in your level.
- Then after you've pressed the Y key, go into Fly mode by pressing the F8 key or the F7 key, and then press Ctrl + L. Then use the WASD keys to control the flying movements.
- If you used the Level Editing step, you can go into Level Editing mode by pressing F11, and then press Drop Camera in one of the drop-down menus at the top (I forgot where it was, sorry!).
When you access platinum/data/, do you have a folder called "screenshots"? If not, that explains it. Create one, and go try taking screenshots again using Ctrl P.
Alternatively, you can use Ctrl-L to directly take a screenshot that will be visible in the level selection menu, but note that if your level didn't have a screenshot, you must reload the game in order to see it, and if the level already had a screenshot, it will simply replace it.
Hope it helps.
You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
On Twitter : @RalphiBoy27 Now on Instagram : ralphfrommb
You can upload your levels to the appropriate section
or upload them to a file sharing site like
Mega(just don't use mediafire please please please)
. Then make one thread
for announcing/previewing your levels, with download links.
As a clarification for myself and anyone else who is reading this, the file we want to upload is ONLY the .mis file correct? (+the picture file) Not any of the various .mis.tmp files? I see other people including links in their posts and am wondering if that would be a better way, as when I uploaded my .mis file just now and tried to open it, it just spat out a bunch of java...