file Marble Blast Gold XBOX (2005)

• Battlecube314
  • Battlecube314's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
01 Apr 2018 23:12 - 01 Apr 2018 23:15 #1
Finally, 13 years after its release, the first-ever complete playthrough of the obscure XBOX edition Marble Blast Gold has finally been posted on YouTube.

Earlier this year, after doing some research, I found that it was possible to get Marble Blast to run on an original XBOX by modifying the console, even though the game has not been available for sale in years. After all, I already had an original XBOX, so I just needed buy the required equipment (which costs a total of ~$25 on Amazon) to hack the console and upload the game files. So I decided to do what no YouTuber has done before: complete the game to 100%.

Playing Marble Blast on the XBOX was a bit difficult for me, since the XBOX controller is a bit tougher (for me) to use than a keyboard and mouse. Also, since controllers do not allow for diagonals (although it may be possible to mod the controller like MBU players, which I have yet to attempt), I was unable to perform many of the long jumps, wall-hits and edge-hits which I can clear with ease on the PC version. Also the camera automatically vertically centers itself if let go, making it harder to play levels such as Icarus, Schadenfreude, Will o' Wisp, and others in which looking down is essential. So even though I was familiar with all these levels, it took me longer than I expected to clear all of them.

But I did make it through the game, and I cleared all levels within the Gold Time! I also found all the secrets (exclusive to this edition) as well, so I guess I could call this 100% completion. Oh yeah, did I mention that you can break the scoreboard? This series shows it all off!

And if you want to try this game yourself, it is still possible to acquire and play the game! I'll let you figure out that on your own, though, it's not that hard to do and there are plenty of resources to help you.

Last edit: 01 Apr 2018 23:15 by Battlecube314.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro, Josep_Nollette, CylinderKnot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ticket2Ride
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 5
02 Apr 2018 15:22 #2
That actually existed? Cool. What did the game cover look like?

• Battlecube314
  • Battlecube314's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
02 Apr 2018 19:06 - 02 Apr 2018 19:07 #3
The game actually wasn't a disc game (if it was, I would not need to hack the console); it was available for purchase on the original XBOX Live Arcade (the predecessor to XBOX 360's XBLA). So there isn't really a cover art for the game.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2018 19:07 by Battlecube314.

• Josep_Nollette
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
04 Apr 2018 06:43 - 04 Apr 2018 06:47 #4
In this version, like in Marble Blast Ultra, when collecting a Time Travel, the screen reads "You picked up X seconds of Time Travel Bonus." I prefer this over "You picked up a X second Time Travel Bonus." In English, the use of 'a' or 'an' depends on whether the next word begins with a vowel or a consonant, so it would be awkward if it said "You picked up a 8 second Time Travel Bonus," since the word "eight" begins with a vowel. However, there's also the idea of adding extra code to use 'an' instead of 'a' if the value either begins with an 8 or is either 11 or 18.
P.S. I've seen Spanish and German translations of this version too. It's a shame that GarageGames never bothered to do the same with the computer version.
[strike]P.P.S. Can you also try finding the Easter Eggs in this version too?[/strike] Oops, I didn't realize that last video showed it.
Last edit: 04 Apr 2018 06:47 by Josep_Nollette.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.903 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.