file Aayrl will be Diving into Ice Water for Charity!

• Aayrl
  • Aayrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
  • Thank you received: 368
14 Jan 2016 00:07 #1
Hi Everyone!

Once a year, the lovely State of Vermont (USA) hosts a charity event for the Special Olympics, which involves telling waves of people to go jump into a 20 foot hole in the ice of our frozen Lake Champlain in the frigid month of February. This will be my second year participating, and I'll definitely be taking many photos and video of the event with the possibility of a live broadcast if I can figure out the waterproofing equipment ..

The Dive occurs on February 6th, 2016 - a little over 3 weeks from now. Since this is technically a fundraiser, I invite any of you with a few extra dollars to donate on my campaign page to this wonderful cause ! All of the proceeds go directly to the Special Olympics fund to help sponsor thousands of lives around the world to partake in the program. Anyone who donates any amount (even $0.01, although there is a $1.54 donation fee..) will receive this adorable little Penguin flair icon to help remind you of your generous contribution to the Penguin Plunge!

For those of you who may not be able to donate, but still would like to contribute, please post your name and comments below and I'll be sure to bring you along for the ride as part of my attire (I'm thinking a giant rubber duck, we'll see!)

Thanks for your interest and I'll definitely post some photos of the chaos in a few weeks!

~Aayrl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, J@ckRB, Three, elnathan, StewMan46, Derpky, Nockess, Xedron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
14 Jan 2016 01:33 #2
Exiting!

Aayrl wrote: the lovely State of Vermont (USA)

I love that people need reminding that Vermont is in the US :P

(I live in montpelier, btw. I can see Camel's Hump mountain from my window :))

i have a flickr

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
14 Jan 2016 02:27 #3
Sounds like a lot of fun!
Heh heh...

Well...uh...stay warm?

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
18 Jan 2016 01:16 #4
Shame as a Uni student I have no money to support this financially but I appreciate your efforts and wish you best of luck on reaching your goal :)

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
25 Jan 2016 12:46 #5
Thank you everyone for your support so far! There is a little under two weeks left to contribute!

If I'm still a little short before the 4th of February, I'll probably put some extra money in on behalf of everyone whose posted here but unable to contribute for financial or situational reasons. Please, I encourage you to show your support, even if you don't have the funding to do so - simply post here and I'll make sure you're part of the effort!

~Aayrl

• Thank you received: 406
25 Jan 2016 14:31 #6
Unfortunately, I can't donate, due to the fact that I am 16. However, this sounds like a great cause, and there may be a possibility that I will actually be in Vermont during it! I wish you the best of luck!

• Thank you received: 18
25 Jan 2016 16:35 #7
Unfortunately, I cannot donate since like NF, I am also 16. But regardless of this, best of luck with this event Aayrl and I hope you achieve your goal for this great cause. :)

• Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
07 Feb 2016 15:26 #8
Hey everyone!

We survived! I want to properly thank all of you for your support (even those who could not donate!) - We dove into Lake Champlain at around 12:30 Eastern Time yesterday. I haven't acquired any photos or video of the dive itself (they're still being processed and emailed to us..) but I do have a candid team photo for you all to enjoy. I'm wearing the blue sunglasses and the straw hat on the far right. Jenna is to my immediate left with the orange glasses and the grass skirt.

~Aayrl
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, Derpky, Weather, Xedron

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.899 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.