lock Who is deleting my posts?

• ImNotAllThatGood
  • ImNotAllThatGood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Back as of June 2018.
  • Thank you received: 17
21 Apr 2016 19:45 #1
I was at 81 posts and now I'm down to 59. I also got my Intermediate Marbler title stripped. I now have realized that the staff members "successfully deleted" 25% of my posts. Who is doing that? I would like to know.

-INATG

I'm just a 15 year old who's been playing MB for over a decade and can be annoying at times.
The topic has been locked.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
21 Apr 2016 20:00 #2
In case you missed, which you did, HiGuy removed the spam board from contributing to everyone's post count and re-calculated these counts.

No one is deleting your posts, stop accusing us.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, Enigma
  • Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
21 Apr 2016 22:11 #3

IsraeliRD wrote: In case you missed, which you did, HiGuy removed the spam board from contributing to everyone's post count and re-calculated these counts.

No one is deleting your posts, stop accusing us.

Honestly you could've made a bigger announcement on that. Because of my inactivity I might've missed it, but never in his post did he specifically name a group of people that was getting accused. I made a thread quite similar to this a few months ago (that I deleted...) but, in full honesty, you can deal with threads like this better than that. I'm expecting a staff member of some sort to lash on me but this is what I think.

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Marble Blast bug hunter
  • Thank you received: 20
21 Apr 2016 23:58 #4
I don't agree with that decision, because Spam Board posts are still posts, and if you're not counting them, the number isn't accurate.

If there's a bug, YO! I'll report it!
  • Thank you received: 406
22 Apr 2016 00:01 #5
That's the point... they don't want to make major spammers appear like major posting community members at first glance.
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
22 Apr 2016 00:04 #6

NatureFreak wrote: That's the point... they don't want to make major spammers appear like major posting community members at first glance.

Well, then...would it be that much trouble to count Spam Board posts separately and put that number in parentheses?

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
22 Apr 2016 02:04 #7

TurdFerguson wrote:

NatureFreak wrote: That's the point... they don't want to make major spammers appear like major posting community members at first glance.

Well, then...would it be that much trouble to count Spam Board posts separately and put that number in parentheses?

Pretty useless. It's called "Spam Board" for a reason: it's just a place for fun, sometimes games and just simply a place to talk about random stuff. It doesn't deserve to be considered "posts" because it has nothing to do with anything such as MB discussion, etc. Putting the Spam Board posts separately would just be a lot of work for HiGuy, Jeff, Matan etc when it doesn't really matter that much.

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
22 Apr 2016 02:50 #8

Xedron wrote: Pretty useless. It's called "Spam Board" for a reason: it's just a place for fun, sometimes games and just simply a place to talk about random stuff. It doesn't deserve to be considered "posts" because it has nothing to do with anything such as MB discussion, etc. Putting the Spam Board posts separately would just be a lot of work for HiGuy, Jeff, Matan etc when it doesn't really matter that much.

I can see where you're coming from, but by that logic, pretty much anything under "General Non Marble Blast Discussion" wouldn't be considered a post either.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
22 Apr 2016 03:38 #9
There's a difference between a spam post and a post not related to MB. 'Spam' is more closely defined as being a violation against the TOS as opposed to topic relevance, since spam posts include: excessive repeats of the same message, unwanted advertising, unsolicited messages, message flooding, hate speech, and the like. In other words, the spam board is meant to reflect everything you should not do anywhere else on the forum. This is why any posts there would not count towards your post count, and rightly so.

In any event, if you have a post that is not considered spam, just post it under General Non-Marble Blast Discussion.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
22 Apr 2016 10:52 #10

Xedron wrote: but never in his post did he specifically name a group of people that was getting accused

Is that so?

ImNotAllThatGood wrote: I now have realized that the staff members "successfully deleted" 25% of my posts.

ImNotAllThatGood wrote: the staff members.

Turns out he did.

Xedron wrote: in full honesty, you can deal with threads like this better than that.

I dealt with it properly. I explained to him that he missed the fact that spam board stopped counting towards posts, and then told him that he should not be accusing the staff for what we didn't do.

TurdFerguson wrote: I don't agree with that decision, because Spam Board posts are still posts, and if you're not counting them, the number isn't accurate.

The old forums didn't have a post count to them on the spam board either, as well as the blogs, non-gen MB discussion and a few others. People could have simply spammed back then and get to 750+ posts to get a colored username.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
22 Apr 2016 12:13 - 22 Apr 2016 12:15 #11
All right, thanks, Matan and Joey, for clearing things up. I think I get it now. We might be able to lock this topic now, since it really isn't useful for anything anymore.

You might want to mention that in the box that says, "No useless spam" and stuff like that, if it would be of any benefit, of course.

Last edit: 22 Apr 2016 12:15 by Steven.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.854 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.