• Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
25 Jan 2017 19:25 - 26 Jan 2017 00:53 #1
> logs into marble blast platinum
> sees nobody call me "liquor" again along with some others

haven't i told people that's not what my name means
and that they shouldn't call me that in all respects?

My cat died about a day ago (soon to be two), and currently I'm struggling with major depression.
Right now I can see that this site isn't helping with it and I should be locked and IP Banned from the site until I decide to message someone I want to come back.

I'll still be working on MBStop II, but someone lock my account.

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2017 00:53 by Jiquor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
25 Jan 2017 19:53 - 25 Jan 2017 19:53 #2
Mate you just gotta ignore that. They make nicknames for everyone, whether the recipients like the names or not is of no consequence. They are not insulting you, or your name, they just find it fun to get a reaction out of you. If you ignore it then either a) they'll stop or b) it won't bother you anymore.

As for your cat that is honestly sad, but don't combine negative things that happen online with bad things that happen in real life to make everything into one hellhole. Separate the unfortunate event - something you can't control - from your reaction to the namecalling - something you can control. If you put them together you're lying to yourself and you will make bad decisions.

I have avoided posting similar advice on the other threads where the term liquor has been present, but I think you need to hear this, especially if you are actually considering closing your account.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2017 19:53 by Frostfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, J@ckRB, Regislian, NF, Robert

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
25 Jan 2017 19:55 #3
Honestly I was hoping you had decided to just ignore them when they say that. Even though I do think they should stop after you have asked them not to call you that, I do have to say that it might be an idea to find a different way of looking at this. Nobody and hPerks, who both like to joke around a lot (or troll, at times) and who, if someone responds to their 'joking around' (in their perspective) too intensely, it's a given that they will keep doing that. Maybe you can try to think of it just as a friendly joke. There's a lot of those kinds of jokes in this community, and it may benefit you personally if you would see it as such.

It isn't about what your name means, it's about the fact it's just one letter different from liquor.

"people just have no sympathy..." For? They didn't know you had such a bad week.

Sorry to hear about your cat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aayrl, Jeff, Kalle29, J@ckRB, Three, Ralph, Derpky, Frostfire, MBOUltimate, NF, Nockess, Robert, eblu

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
25 Jan 2017 21:26 #4
At least you don't have to deal with Splashy.

Most of what I have to say has been said by Frostfire and Regislian, but I do have one more point to make.

Think about it. Making a big deal out of the whole Liquor situation is giving the people like Noby and hPerks more encouragement to continue the name calling. It's a lot better to ignore it and let them keep calling you Liquor, no matter how much you dislike it, rather than not ignoring it and letting them keep calling you Liquor, ALONG WITH making quite a few more people angry and wishing that this incident would end (we're already at the point - from this time on it's just making it worse).

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the fact that this nickname still sticks to you. I'm sick of it as much as you are. But the majority of my side-taking has to be the other side.

Sorry to hear about your cat.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, NF

• Thank you received: 406
25 Jan 2017 22:04 #5
Rozi makes a good point, and generally if you ignore annoying things that people are doing they will generally stop doing them. If you fire up and react they'll like to see that for some reason so they'll keep calling you Liquor. All they are looking for is a reaction. If you don't give them what they want they'll eventually just stop. That's pretty much the only way to deal with it, because you've asked them to stop and they haven't (which is quite rude of them), and I definitely don't think you should close your account because of that. I hope you feel better soon. Losing pets can be very difficult to cope with. Best wishes!
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB

• eblu
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • (formerly eboyblue3)
  • Thank you received: 54
26 Jan 2017 00:00 #6
i agree with regi. the "liquor" nickname is a joke and we don't mean to offend you in any way, shape, or form.

please just ignore it. if you can't handle it there's always a tiny little "X" at the top of your screen

IsraeliRD wrote: The...

come discord brah: eblu#8048

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
26 Jan 2017 00:59 - 26 Jan 2017 01:28 #7
You're giving up too easily.
You're not getting out of this situation unsolved.

Your account is not getting locked because I say so. (From what I know, accounts being locked only happens for bans.)
I don't think you understand that I'm doing all I can to help you with this. We all are. You just haven't really pushed yourself enough to the point where you can actually say that you give up. I will do anything to keep you from leaving this site. I don't like anything about this situation, although I do agree with the points that have been made by others. It really does seem like the name calling is still going on because of the reactions that you've sent out, and I don't see an attempt from you on doing what I asked. (Withstanding the name calling and now giving out reactions for the next three months.)
I'm also not saying that we won't be friends anymore if you step out. That's a ridiculous thing to believe, and never would I be that kind of person.

Too long for you to read? Here's the short story.
Man up and deal with it. Forgive me for the harshness, but it had to come eventually. A big part of your depression is continuing because of this.
Put enough effort into solving the problem and things will get better.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 26 Jan 2017 01:28 by Nockess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Muddy

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
26 Jan 2017 01:15 - 26 Jan 2017 01:19 #8
Come on man. This may sound harsh, but it's the honest truth. You didn't need to write this, all it really came down to is just either ignoring them or realizing that it really isn't a big deal. Almost everyone in this community has nicknames, people have gotten salty about them yes, but noone has gone as far as to quit the community because of it.

As far as your depression goes, the best thing to do is not tell the community about it (unless you are looking for some help, in which this shouldn't be the #1 place to go first) and take a break or do something that won't get you more upset and more angry.

Nobody and hPerks shouldn't have called you liquor, but as Regi said they didn't know you had such a bad week and despite what they called you, you were the one to get offended by it in the first place; so as much as it may seem they did all the harm, you did some to yourself as well by feeling offended by it instead of taking action (that isn't deleting your account) I have dealt with depression myself (from about December last year to a couple months ago) and I made the mistake of telling everyone the news and just making me feel worse and more hopeless.

I really don't think you should consider locking your account because of something as simple as this; you should really think long and hard about this idea before you regret it later.

Nonetheless, hope you feel better soon.

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
Last edit: 26 Jan 2017 01:19 by Xedron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Nockess

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
28 Jan 2017 10:58 - 28 Jan 2017 11:03 #9
Good stuff what folks already said here. Few things i would like to add.

I understand your situation, been there myself (not forums wise but irl), the worst thing you can do is leave or react angrily to someone calling you differently. Essentially it makes you looser and those who called you win. This may sound rough but reality of it is: it is funny, it is funny to see someone get mad for just being called names (for 60% of population), or blow up over a joke that wasn't meant seriously. The thing about world is that there are jokes worth ignoring because they are ironic and there are people that you should often never take seriously so you can easily dismiss anything that may sound offensive to you (*khem* hperks and nobody). If you leave now I guarantee you that after few months you will understand how silly your current actions where (It may take years but lets not hope it ever takes that long).
Being more emotional/serious type like you is not easy, ignoring what people say ironically or non ironically is also never easy. Stuff I mentioned above I had to learn hard way because I had no one to say: ''hey RD you know what you should ignore all that name calling because it's not serious and it's unnecessary'' , I can't stop you but one thing i can tell you: don't be stupid and think twice.

Look at jeff, people call him jeef, joof, jeep... and I have never seen him saying: ''guys please stop me calling like that''.
During my school years I was called dwarf, some folks didn't knew my real name by the end of primary. And you know why I was called like that? Not because I was short in length, it was because I decided to react angrily to some folks in stairway that just randomly decided to call me like that. Yes I got called dwarf by entire school just because I did the same thing you are doing in this situation, I reacted. Again I can't stop you from your actions but don't be stupid and think twice
Looking forward to MBS2 :) Goodbye!

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 28 Jan 2017 11:03 by RDs.The-dts-guy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Regislian, Derpky

• Thank you received: 57
28 Jan 2017 23:43 #10
Have you ever tried talking to a therapist? It sounds like you have more issues than people calling you liquor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, NF

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.960 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.