heart It's time to go..

• Evokrypt
  • Evokrypt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 69
26 Aug 2017 23:56 - 27 Aug 2017 17:00 #1
Dear all,

Over the past 2 years that I have been part of this wonderful community, I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting people, improving my times, PQ, and even participating in this year's Summer Tournament. Genuinely have I enjoyed my time here, but there are new horizons that await me and there are things I have to let go of in order to embrace others.

I began to feel as though I should leave the community about a month ago. I lost interest in the tourney, felt challenged by the pressures of life and wasn't even enjoying playing Marble Blast, even though it was my emotional go-to. I became very very discouraged, depressed and anxious, and it didn't seem that being part of this community was going to cut it. It's funny because now that I am really starting to go 'all in' with life again, I feel like I want to play more and develop my skills and friendships here! But I recognise that now I'm an adult (officially 18!), I have to choose between things that seem right and things that are right. And in this case, continuing with life here would only mean I sacrifice the things I deeply want to do.

I do hope this doesn't surprise anyone in a negative way. I don't like to mention names in case I miss people out, but I would in particular like to thank NatureFreak, Rosie, Kalle, Aayrl, Eguy, hPerks and Frostfire for being highly welcoming, friendly and encouraging - even if we haven't spoken much. It means a lot to feel properly welcomed into an online community, and you all made me feel at ease. EDIT: There are also other people I've talked to in recent times, thanks to you too ;)

If anyone actually wants to stay in touch, I may consider it, although I am not one to give away social media details. I may stay on Discord but only for direct messaging and not for the MB server. Before I 'leave' leave, I have uploaded recordings of 6 works I composed whilst at music school before I go onto music conservatoire - my compositions are different to (better than :lol:) my improvisations. Here is a link to a playlist of them all: . I am sure I will still upload recordings to my SoundCloud (see footer). Hope you enjoy :)

My best wishes for the community,
Ethan Mitchell/TheEvoker/TheEwok/Evoker :silly:

SoundCloud page here:
Last edit: 27 Aug 2017 17:00 by Evokrypt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imperial, J@ckRB, eNetro, Regislian, Lichable, Frostfire, NF, obee58, Nockess, Connie, CylinderKnot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
27 Aug 2017 00:11 - 27 Aug 2017 14:56 #2
I'm not on that list. Ban.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad to see you go. You were always a cool guy to be around, and I'd love to stay in touch if you'd like. Good luck in your future. Hopefully things end up being the way you want them to be.

Come have a visit sometime. We'd love to see you again soon. <3

EDIT: I'm on the list now! :D

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 27 Aug 2017 14:56 by Nockess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evokrypt

• Evokrypt
  • Evokrypt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 69
27 Aug 2017 00:22 - 27 Aug 2017 00:26 #3
Haha, yeah, I wasn't sure to put you on or not! But I do remember we chatted a bit. I appreciate your comment. My plans for the future are not totally vague, music will always be at the forefront of what I'm doing. My biggest dream is to extend further and reach out into multimedia projects. I will keep my MB account so that if I do return, people will know who I am.

SoundCloud page here:
Last edit: 27 Aug 2017 00:26 by Evokrypt.

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
27 Aug 2017 00:59 - 27 Aug 2017 01:00 #4
Always a bit sad to see people leave, good luck in pursuing your dreams!
I hope you drop in every now and then on webchat.
Last edit: 27 Aug 2017 01:00 by Regislian.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
27 Aug 2017 05:34 #5
Dear Ethan Mitchell/TheEvoker/TheEwok/Evoker,

You'll be missed around here, your friendly and upbeat presence was always great to have. But, as I no doubt eventually will learn, it's a big world out there for a classical musician in training -- and I realize i may need to step into a similar path someday. However I'm still working to find my exact path and I'd love to keep in contact -- exchanging opinions on obscure pieces and composition techniques has been a pleasure. :D So I wish you the very very best of luck, and feel free to stop by, send us a postcard, something :P

~Eguy

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• MikeSan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Aug 2017 06:11 #6
It's so sad to see you go! I'll miss you!

• Connie
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • i code for balls
  • Thank you received: 64
27 Aug 2017 12:15 #7
Even If we did not talk (like at all),It is always sad if one person leaves the forums,I wish you the best luck with your dreams. We will all miss you!

For the best Marble Blast levels, head over to:
- marbleland.vaniverse.io/pack/18

connieofro.neocities.org/

[img

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.880 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.