file Speedrunning [3/11/13]

• Ian_Cordle
  • Ian_Cordle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
12 Mar 2013 06:00 #1
I love Portal. I love playing games to win. I love going fast.

Hense, I love speedrunning Portal. I just recently got into it, and I've improved my time from my start almost 20 minutes, and I will go to about 25 by the end of the week (I think!) There are deaths to eliminate, tricks to incorporate, and much much more. Now, I don't claim to be good at games. In general, I can quickly become decent at something - pick up the basics very quickly, but then drop off in growth after that, eventually plateauing. This happens in so many games I play, it becomes frustrating. So, instead of focusing on just one thing, I plan on learning to speed run about... 10 games, and just looping through them for my own entertainment.

Games I Plan on Speedrunning:
    Portal
    Portal 2
    Megaman (Haven't decided which)
    Kirby's Dreamland
    Super Mario 64
    Among others...

But right now, I'm full on set for Portal. I even did a sketch out of my obsession... [at bottom of thread] I will be trying to break my 30 minute mark tomorrow on stream, and that will be at about 3:30 EST at www.twitch.tv/valentinoian , but you can

[WATCH MY 32 MINUTE RUNTHROUGH HERE] while you wait

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rct3fan00
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
13 Mar 2013 03:30 #2
Loved the Portal one Ian!

• Ian_Cordle
  • Ian_Cordle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
13 Mar 2013 05:33 #3
I got ~28 minutes on Portal earlier today, so another milestone down! Now I begin the long and arduous process to sub 25 minutes

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.979 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.