file A thief on the loose!

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #1
Oh you. Also, replay center stolen? Also, leak much?

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Jeff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #2
cause i never requested it yet, duh.

Please lock.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #3
Quote:Last I checked, copying code (unless declared in the commented section of the code) isn't 'illegal' and certainly doesn't entail the 'culprit' as a 'thief'. Besides, if he 'copied' your code, wouldn't the commented section at the top state that you, Jeff, are the creator of the code, and therefore it was not 'stolen', but given proper credit to the author?

He credited himself when at the top of every single file that I or Higuy created in PR, it always goes as follows:

I.E.:

//
//JoinMultiplayerGui.gui by Jeff Hutchinson & HiGuy
//

That clarifies that point.

Quote:Codes that are posted to the GG forums are open source, are they not? What's the difference between the GG forums and the MBDK?

I dont know GG's rules on that stuff, but I would say w/o giving proper credit to the author, then its stealing.

3. I gave all my staff access to PR's codes because I thought I could trust them. Appearently not, which is why i am mad. I have talked to him previously before, and he has admitted to me in the past that he has stole, this is not a shocker to me that he just did it again. I wanted to give him a chance, but I guess I learned my lession.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 368
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #4
At first I thought this was a thread about an actual thief.

You're talking about someone who looked at your code, copy/pasted it, and decided to work on his own version?

Last I checked, copying code (unless declared in the commented section of the code) isn't 'illegal' and certainly doesn't entail the 'culprit' as a 'thief'. Besides, if he 'copied' your code, wouldn't the commented section at the top state that you, Jeff, are the creator of the code, and therefore it was not 'stolen', but given proper credit to the author? If you failed to put your name at the top of the code, then was it really 'stolen'? Suppose he deletes your name credit from the top of the code and creates his own version. Wouldn't that be the same concept as copying Marble Blast Gold and making your own mod?

Nov 8, 2011, 10:38am, jeff wrote:He stole some TCP objects from GG forums (not mine)
He stole some MP things from GG too, according to Nihahhat (not mine).

Codes that are posted to the GG forums are open source, are they not? What's the difference between the GG forums and the MBDK?

Nov 8, 2011, 10:38am, jeff wrote:He stole my demo replay center that is in PR (spoiler)
He supposibly stole PR's gem radar (spoiler)

Don't give him access to your codes? I'm not quite certain how high up in the ranking lists of multiple mods Lamp is involved, but if you're giving code access to -all- of your staff, including those involved in other Marble Blast projects, what were you expecting to happen?

~Aayrl

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #5
whatever whatever guys

lamps gone anyways, so who cares

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #6
With the hopes that Jeff learns to think about what he types (or read what he types) so that his posts aren't taken out of context by you?

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #7
Nov 8, 2011, 8:56pm, jeff wrote:no, cause sometimes you just have to let it leak so you dont hear the end of it.

Um.................... how do i respond to this...

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Thank you received: 368
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #8
Ok, you're the leader.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #9
no, cause sometimes you just have to let it leak so you dont hear the end of it.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #10
Oct 19, 2011, 9:41pm, helpme wrote:Yay, Jeff the leak master is in the project!!!

Information!!!!

The cryptic-sounding answer I gave Explode was because I wanted her to wait to see the new features until they are released. I wanted to avoid spoilers. But guess that didn't happen, did it?

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #11
I like how that's a face...

Code:

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #12
opps, i forgot Higuy, hehe. Oh well, we never broke the ice to him before, well, its over now.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #13
Well, seeing as how we kicked him out of the DB about a month ago...

Code:

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #14
I figured u would say that higuy, and yes, its stolen.

Your too late bud, I already fired him, I am tired of this.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #15
Today, i was pretty upset with one of our peers. Even though he was on the forum, and deleted himself for being underage, I will still bring the forums attension to this. Lamp47, co founder of mbelite, has been believed to steal Multiple codes from me and Higuy that are in Project Revoultion. However, I do not want this issue to influence your view point on mbelite. Even though Lamp47 can't code, Mason and Mystery Man have done an outstanding job as keeping the mod alive to working on it. (and gerson, you too). I am mighty impressed with a few things on it, but so disappointed that Lamp47 stole.

Also, be sure to check the new news for PR .

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #16
Nov 8, 2011, 1:20pm, pablovasquez wrote:Who's Mason?

Sorry pablo, i have a tendency to do that.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #17
Nov 8, 2011, 1:20pm, pablovasquez wrote:Who's Mason?

Nihahhat. But you know Jeff, calling everyone but me by their real name.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 18
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #18
Who's Mason?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #19
@tech, i compared the codes, even the variable names were the same with the same namespaces

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #20
This conversation is beginning to sound very one-sided...

I mean, where's the proof? All we for the matter know is that Jeff said Lamp stole codes. But, in a serious matter such as this, wouldn't we need some kind of inevitable proof that it is true? What if there was a mistake? What if something happened in the process that would make Lamp do so? All I know is that when the issue arose that Beack stole codes, all the proof was right there! We could actually see that Beack had stolen, and then he fessed up and that was that.

I'm not at all saying that you're wrong Jeff, because I'm sure you're not! I just think it would feel a little safer if we did have some kind of proof, in case there was any kind of confusion or misunderstanding in the process. And I'm not saying show us the codes, but you're Jeff; you'll figure out something .

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #21
He stole some TCP objects from GG forums (not mine)
He stole some MP things from GG too, according to Nihahhat (not mine).
He stole my demo replay center that is in PR (spoiler)
He supposibly stole PR's gem radar (spoiler)
I believe he stole another thing, but only God knows that and himself.
PS.

@pablo, wow, i can't believe how much I suck at spelling.

• Thank you received: 1
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #22
No I mean which codes. I've seen him playing the game, I was wondering what specific code? If any were confirmed.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #23
Nov 8, 2011, 7:51am, explode917 wrote:Just wondering what did he steal?

Codes from PR: which will be revealed to you when the game is released.

01 Jan 1970 00:00 #24
Just wondering what did he steal?

01 Jan 1970 00:00 #25
Nihatthat told me about this too. I think that procautions should be taken so we don't have the next Robot Marble/BlazerYo/Beack scenario again.

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • An Ordinary Marble Blaster
  • Thank you received: 70
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #26
Like I've said for you and Nihahhat at MSN:
Gerson Says: Randall the code robber
Nihahhat Says : perfect name

Also after that Jeff when Lamp wants me to let him code on MBAdventure, Mason arleady prevent me to do that. Btw he said:
Nihahhat : see why i didnt want him to join mbad?

You should fire him now, if he wants to make level for PR, i recommend to not giving the DB to him, he just need to send the level through any staff before it reach the folder and the game. This also the next generation of beack (sorry). Nihahhat also said Lamp47 made a lot of failed levels. He might be BlackList-ed from any mods.

btw jeff :

Quote:(and gerson, you too)

I stop making levels until the curse is broken. but now that was arleady broken.

Sorry if this considered as a spam or reveal the secret jeff.

I'm just an ordinary marble blaster who like to create new and unusual things.

Creator of the Marble Blast GLC series
Check out and download my custom levels here .
Check out my original musics in this thread and in my soundcloud here .

• Thank you received: 18
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #27
Was he part of the PR staff, then stole codes? Or was it Elite? And is he fired now?

I have low expectations for both, so this doesn't affect them.

Also, it's thief--like the MBP level.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
01 Jan 1970 00:00 #28
Must be disappointing. Sorry Jeff . It didn't appeal to me that Lamp was the type of person.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.113 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.