This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

file AS's custom levels! (NEW: MBO/U conversions pack)

• Thank you received: 0
18 Jun 2009 23:08 #391
Lucky I looked here, I never check my email (that account anyway).

I try it out tonight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jun 2009 23:35 #392
the lvl is pretty damn good, its probably late intermediate. im tester, ill test it for UT later, and the suggestions i gave to andrew.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
19 Jun 2009 11:03 #393
I look forward to Instinct. By impressions it looks exceedingly well built.

19 Jun 2009 11:25 #394
Intermediate? Mate, it's expert.

I want to discuss this level with you over MSN rather than email Andrew. Hopefully we'll meet up tomorrow sometime

• Thank you received: 15
21 Jun 2009 04:04 #395
At last, the long-awaited level Instinct has been released on the (unsuspecting) public! What are you waiting for, go get it in the first post! Wait, don't go yet, read what I have to say here first.

This level contains an array of a wide variety of fun and original challenges. These challenges are designed to stimulate your brain and sometimes force you to use your natural instincts to pass. The level contains an Easter Egg, plus a challenging PT and UT (2 mins and 75 secs, respectively).

There are several people that I would like to thank: Matan, for helping me with two MPs in the level that required multiple TGTTs; Sonic and Oaky, for testing this level and giving me awesome feedback; Mkbul, for making the awesome textures that I used in the level; and Phil, whose sphere interior makes a cameo appearance, if you will.

Enjoy, and please don't forget to comment and vote in LotM!

21 Jun 2009 04:14 #396
LOL, I gave you the cameo line As well as the idea for some TGTTs. And I hope you made a better EE position! Can't wait to play the *hopefully* better version!

21 Jun 2009 04:18 #397
downloading the new version now and making a video after the vid ill make a LotM review.

21 Jun 2009 04:24 #398
Awesome new level, as usual.

21 Jun 2009 04:50 #399
Great level! I love it

21 Jun 2009 04:55 #400
I got 1.21.xx on the old version, see what I can do with the new one!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
21 Jun 2009 05:33 #401
excellent level working on sub-35 on this level as soon as im back screw university and exam i want that shit sooo bad 37.64 for now

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
24 Jun 2009 15:07 #402
Instinct (20.65s)

My instincts are to tear levels apart, and if you saw Water World, then Instinct is a must see video. Wall hits, edge hits, skipping entire sections and going Out of Bounds TWICE are only a taste of what is done in this level in order to beat it in a ridiculous fast time. I think this beats the crap out of Water World in terms of the skills involved as well as everything that was done to get to everything in a fast time. Water World is if you're after extreme speed over skills.

Rare catches of time travel (plus it didn't start up at the wooden sphere, which had never occurred before) as well as the most perfect dream run of the frictional half pipe (no practice run ever got that good) and basically overall perfection and execution of everything makes this video something that you must watch.

Please rate, comment and if you love it as much as I do, favorite =) Enjoy!

Total re-record count (estimate based on TBs deleted and average size of video): 5000
Total time spent recording: 5 days (including during exams)

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

29 Jun 2009 21:43 #403
Announcing: The MBU/MBO Conversions level pack!

There are several levels in MBU (and ported over to MBO) that have never been converted into MBG or MBP. Some of the new levels in MBU/O were converted already (Mountaintop Retreat, Marble Melee Primer, Divergence, Timely Ascent) and some are just too hard to convert (Black Diamond). For people that can't play MBO and have no video game console, this pack will give them a chance to play these levels, just like with the other examples I mentioned.

Levels that will be included:
- Cube Root
- Tree House
- Endurance
- Skate to the Top
- The Road Less Traveled
- Urban Jungle

More levels may be added.

Release should be by the end of July. In July I will also start production of my MMG level, A Day at the Links, so I'm going to be busy for the next month.

• Thank you received: 57
29 Jun 2009 23:02 #404
GL Man! Hope it goes well

29 Jun 2009 23:03 #405
Sounds like a cool idea! Good lick!

30 Jun 2009 04:27 #406
May the best of luck be with you.

• Thank you received: 18
30 Jun 2009 13:59 #407
Great idea! Let me know if you need help with scenery or smooth slopes.

30 Jun 2009 14:12 #408
I'M DOING CUBE ROOT Maybe I was doing... Hmm. I nearly finished Daedalus as well. Meh

30 Jun 2009 14:20 #409
Actually I'm making The Road Less Traveled... but I know AS you will do better than me So clicking delete...
Really hopfully waity to your level pack
Hope it release soon

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
30 Jun 2009 21:00 #410
Instinct is your best level, already from what I have seen of it. Upon further enjoyment, may I have more to praise.

30 Jun 2009 21:14 #411
Jun 30, 2009, 7:12am, oakster wrote:I'M DOING CUBE ROOT

WELL I ANNOUNCED MINE FIRST

01 Jul 2009 01:59 #412
No you didn't. Check my level ideas thread on page 3-4.
And Steven, don't delete yours! You've mastered the slopes needed in that level! But I announced I was gonna rep it way back as well. But go on, do it. Your slopes rock!

01 Jul 2009 03:06 #413
Jun 30, 2009, 6:59pm, oakster wrote:No you didn't. Check my level ideas thread on page 3-4.
And Steven, don't delete yours! You've mastered the slopes needed in that level! But I announced I was gonna rep it way back as well. But go on, do it. Your slopes rock!

You did indeed announce conversions, Oaky, but that was well over a year ago, long enough ago that I did not remember you ever announcing it. You have in NO WAY indicated in either your levels topic or your level ideas thread that you are still working on them. No progress updates, no pics, nothing. Besides, wasn't it all lost when your compy's files got purged?

My suggestion is this: if you don't want people stealing your ideas, then indicate them in the first couple of posts in your level topics, as I have done, and not bury them in a post a few pages in. That way, they will remain in the public eye and ensure that these ideas will not be taken. Which is why I thought my pack was a fairly original idea.

I will continue working on my pack, as I see no evidence that you are still working on yours.

07 Oct 2009 04:58 #414
Surprise, surprise! I have released a new level for you all to enjoy! It is called Mini Ascent and is a look back at one of my earlier level-building efforts.

It has been months since I have released anything (Instinct was way back in June). Currently I have two large level projects (A Day at the Links and the MBO conversions pack) in progress, and with college in full force atm, neither of them will be getting done anytime soon. Being my longest gap thus far between level releases, I was eager to release something new. But I was too busy to find much time to make a whole new level. There was probably a bit of laziness in there too.

So I looked through my emails, going through pages with emails dating back to 2006. I was hoping there was a forgotten, incomplete or unreleased level that I could polish off and release to the public. After emerging from the dust and grime, I found my part for the original CGL 6 started by Matan back in the spring of 2007 (if you remember the history, Oaky revived the CGL and elected to have everyone make new parts instead of using the old level). This was made at the time before I started using Constructor, therefore I was reluctant to use it. However, I remembered that I had sent it to Phil to be converted, as that was allowed under the original CGL rules. Then I wondered - did I still have the email that he had sent back to me with the interior?

The answer - yes, I did. This level is that old CGL 6 part, called Andrew's Mini Ascent, now all polished up with some additions and fixes done. The interior was made by Phil in QuArK, so he gets credit in the mis as well. I added an InBoundsTrigger, a finish pad and finish sign, a new description and StartHelpText, a 15 second gold time, and an additional Help Trigger. Plus I took the picture myself. The level is very easy and a good level for beginner players. At some point, I will post a picture of the original, editor-made version of this level, just to see how different the two versions are, as well to point out how far my level building has come in the past two and a half years.

I'll say this right now - if you're expecting a level of the caliber of Instinct or Water World, you will be sorely, sorely disappointed. This level does fall well short of those standards, but I think it still has a charm all of its own. Remember, it was originally meant to be a part of a much larger group level, nothing more. What do you think - with the lack of nominees in LotM - September & October, should I nominate Mini Ascent?

I hope you enjoy this level. Download it in the first post as always, and please leave comments, plus an answer to the question above.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
07 Oct 2009 05:29 #415
Fun little level. I enjoyed going for lower and lower times. But don't fool yourself - I wouldn't submit it to Lotm.

Sub 5 here.

07 Oct 2009 17:44 #416
4.87. And you could enter in LotM if you want, but it wouldn't be very high.

• Thank you received: 10
08 Oct 2009 01:50 #417
...which is the entire point...

youtube.com/marbleduck

09 Oct 2009 01:32 #418
I like small levels sometimes, but this one was very forgettable.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
10 Oct 2009 17:34 #419
Had fun with it, guess I should do a vid for the sake of it lol...
Final time: 4.59s

img36.imageshack.us/img36/7897/miniascent.jpg

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

11 Oct 2009 02:36 #420
5.25 but I wanna be cool like the others and get a sub 5. PEER PRESSURE!

EDIT: Bugger it. Try Oaky's Challenge!

Beat the gold time by using the full path and without getting the TM.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.097 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.