This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

compress Community Group Level 12 (again (again))

• Yoshicraft224
  • Yoshicraft224's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
09 Dec 2023 23:02 - 26 Dec 2023 07:15 #1
Welcome all to the third annual(-ish) announcement of Community Group Level 12! No need to worry if you've already started on either of the other themes, as I've come to a compromise. This level's theme will be Winter Nights, combining QwertyQwertz's "Midnight March" theme with Nockess's "A Chill Down Your Spine" theme . And yeah, I asked Nockess and he said "Have at it" so that's what I plan to do!

Now lemme lay down some deets for all you tubular marble peeps...
Rules
  • You must make your own interior for this project! No LE sections allowed, unfortunately. Should've been here for CGL 11. Skill issue!
  • Duration? Uh, well I'm not the fun police, but do keep in mind just how many people will be a part of this. If everyone's section is as long as yours, would you want to spend that much time on a level?
  • Difficulty is up to you, but keep the skill levels of the community and your fellow builders in mind. If you don't want your part to stick out as too easy or too hard, then exercise some caution with that. Try aiming for something tricky, but not totally ball busting.
  • Please please please try and keep a good standard of quality. Keep your texturing nice and neat, and use them appropriately. I reserve the right to turn down your submission (while giving you advice on how to fix it) if it's really bad. This shouldn't be an issue, though, and if it is, then no biggie! Just fix it up and resubmit.
  • This will be a PlatinumQuest-styled level. No tarmac, no astrolabes, no flat bumpers, no box fans, and definitely absolutely positively get those magnets out of here, you lunatic. Use only PQ textures and shapes for your part. Unless there's something you really want to do, then maybe run it by me first. Also, sure, MBP's snow counts. It's used for PQ Winterfest levels and Four Seasons Circuit.
  • No custom code or textures*. Sorry to say it, but I don't want to screw up the entire level for everyone if one person's code messes up. Custom textures also run a heavy risk of making your part feel very out of place. Notice that asterisk, though. If there's enough demand for it, or if it's generally agreed that your custom texture fits the PQ style, then exceptions can be made. Even custom frictions, since they're pretty inoffensive and shouldn't cause any technical issues.
  • Section order is first come first serve! But this can be negotiated later on if all parties involved agree. We'll start with 12 open slots, and if anyone else wants to butt in, they can contact me about where they'd like to be placed and this can be negotiated with the surrounding builders.
  • Want to collaborate on a part with someone else? ...Fine. Be my guest. No one gets more than one part all to themselves, however. Talking with the part owners before and after you is encouraged, especially concerning how they plan to start or end their sections connected to yours. Little connective bits can be added later on if anything needs it, though.
Submission Guidelines
  • When you submit your part, DM everything to @yoshicraft224 on Discord. Give me .mis, .dif(s), and .csx(s) associated with your part.
  • To denote the start and end of your part, use start and finish pads. Also include a camera path for your part. If this causes any issues with the camera clipping into other peoples' parts, then that can be dealt with then. The final level's camera path will just be all of the individual paths back to back. Lastly, title your part using the title of the level you submit.
  • In the final level, each person's part (except for the very first) will start with a checkpoint. If you really don't want this for your part, then you can request it. Make sure to keep this in mind when considering the difficulty of your part if you so choose.
  • The final level's music will be Chilled, and, unless Ralph has any problems with it, will use his Frozen Galaxy skybox. Due to this, the sun values will be 0.573201 0.275357 -0.771764 for direction, 0.302000 0.475000 0.625000 1.000000 for color, and 0.175000 0.131000 0.091000 1.000000 for ambient. This is subject to change if desired.

Section Order
  1. Yoshi
  2. Kalle
  3. Jaxx
If you'd like to be included, either reply to this thread or ping me (@yoshicraft224) in #level-building on the Discord server!

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!
Last edit: 26 Dec 2023 07:15 by Yoshicraft224. Reason: Asked for .csxs instead of .maps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
20 Dec 2023 16:07 #2
Thank you for doing this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.762 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.