The last three levels I've made have all had a similar problem: when I get close to finishing them, and after exiting and restarting the game to test them, they've failed to open and in one case, kept crashing PQ upon opening and I had to open the files to remove the level manually.
When I try to load via the level editor, they simply load forever and I have to Force Quit. The picture included is of the error message I've gotten from at least 2 of them when I try to open them.
My question is: is there a way I can go into the script for the level and fix whatever is causing them to do this? I really really don't want to lose them because I have spent literal hours on each one of them. I'm on a Mac. ANYTHING I can do to attempt to get them de-bugged I'm willing to try.
MIS files can be opened with a text editor.
The problem might be that an object has an invalid name. Object names can only include letters, numbers, and underscores, and they must start with a letter. In the MIS file, each object name is in parentheses that come immediately after an object type (like "Item", "InteriorInstance", and "StaticShape").
Changes are saved the same way you save any plain text file. If you want to make a new .mis file with the text editor, you might have to save it as a .txt and change the file extension afterwards (if an OS hides extensions, it should have a setting for showing them).