exclamation-circle Editing custom levels in script/outside of level editor?

• nedison
  • nedison's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • professional musician
  • Thank you received: 4
01 Feb 2020 17:13 #1
Hi again everyone,

The last three levels I've made have all had a similar problem: when I get close to finishing them, and after exiting and restarting the game to test them, they've failed to open and in one case, kept crashing PQ upon opening and I had to open the files to remove the level manually.

When I try to load via the level editor, they simply load forever and I have to Force Quit. The picture included is of the error message I've gotten from at least 2 of them when I try to open them.

My question is: is there a way I can go into the script for the level and fix whatever is causing them to do this? I really really don't want to lose them because I have spent literal hours on each one of them. I'm on a Mac. ANYTHING I can do to attempt to get them de-bugged I'm willing to try.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
01 Feb 2020 18:28 - 01 Feb 2020 18:31 #2
MIS files can be opened with a text editor.
The problem might be that an object has an invalid name. Object names can only include letters, numbers, and underscores, and they must start with a letter. In the MIS file, each object name is in parentheses that come immediately after an object type (like "Item", "InteriorInstance", and "StaticShape").
Last edit: 01 Feb 2020 18:31 by Weather.

• nedison
  • nedison's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • professional musician
  • Thank you received: 4
06 Feb 2020 05:08 - 06 Feb 2020 05:16 #3
[strike]That's super useful information. Do I need an app to open the files with a text editor? It's getting to that stage that I'm missing.[/strike]

EDIT: Duh, just open it with word. Now is there a way to properly save it is a .mis file?
Last edit: 06 Feb 2020 05:16 by nedison.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
06 Feb 2020 13:31 #4
Changes are saved the same way you save any plain text file. If you want to make a new .mis file with the text editor, you might have to save it as a .txt and change the file extension afterwards (if an OS hides extensions, it should have a setting for showing them).

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.776 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.