file Buzzmusic's Level Idea Topic

• Buzzmusic
  • Buzzmusic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
02 Feb 2014 19:12 #211
Thanks. :cheer: I just sent a Skype request to you so if you don't see it, I'll send a PM to you on the old forums.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
02 Feb 2014 19:24 #212

Buzzmusic wrote: Thanks. :cheer: I just sent a Skype request to you so if you don't see it, I'll send a PM to you on the old forums.

I don't see it. Anyways, what's YOUR Skype name? :cheer:

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
02 Feb 2014 19:29 #213
Mine is buzzmusic100.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
11 Feb 2014 15:33 - 11 Feb 2014 23:24 #214
I have a new level in progress! I'm gonna be really vague for now and just say that it will be my tallest level ever without a doubt. It's at phase 2 right now. Here's an early picture.

EDIT: Phase 3!

Last edit: 11 Feb 2014 23:24 by Buzzmusic.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
14 Feb 2014 20:53 #215
Now the level is at phase 4! A picture is below. You can't see everything though; blame the draw distance for that. :P

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
14 Feb 2014 21:13 #216
I can test your level too. My Skype is ralphiboy27.mb

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
14 Feb 2014 22:42 #217
I like the giant Super Jump+Gyrocoper combo on the bottom of the level screenshot! It's so epic and dark!

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
15 Feb 2014 21:57 #218
Ralph, I sent you a Skype contact request. ;) The level is at phase 5 now!

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
11 Mar 2014 00:53 #219
I've been making some multiplayer levels. One of them is called "Layered". A picture is below, but of course there aren't any MP powerups.

I'll release these as soon as possible (when MBP 1.50 Beta 4 is released :P) Just thought I'd share some pictures of them. I'll probably have more levels to show later.

• Thank you received: 16
11 Mar 2014 20:12 #220
Yay I'm not the only one waiting on Beta 4 now!

That looks really cool, but one thing:
The shadows. Maybe make a custom dark green or something? if you do please PM the image to me so there isn't more then one green shadow around. I already made on for the blue called mbu_neutral6_random_shadow.png so maybe follow that format? Thank you if you do :)

Only 81 gems? :P

I've never seen anything like this before, and I also wish I was as good as you are at making up names for my levels. Can't wait for this to be released!

i have a flickr

• Thank you received: 25
11 Mar 2014 20:23 #221
That's beautiful! My one suggestion would to change the texture color; it looks a bit too much like Triumvirate, but maybe I need to see the rest of the level. Great work!

• Thank you received: 22
12 Mar 2014 06:11 #222
That level is looking good. Reminds me of Triumvirate, only this looks like it might actually be more fun to play. It's got plenty of 'verticality', but it doesn't look too difficult to navigate and the long surfaces in certain parts should allow players to go really fast, and speed is something I like in multiplayer levels.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
12 Mar 2014 21:44 #223

That's beautiful! My one suggestion would to change the texture color; it looks a bit too much like Triumvirate, but maybe I need to see the rest of the level. Great work!

Thanks! After reading your post I looked at a video of Triumvirate. I think the gameplay is different enough, but now that I think about it, green is kind of overused anyway. :silly: I'll change the color sometime later. Do you think dark brown would work?

Only 81 gems? :P

Hehe, yeah. It's kinda small. :P

• Thank you received: 25
13 Mar 2014 00:52 #224

Buzzmusic wrote:

Thanks! After reading your post I looked at a video of Triumvirate. I think the gameplay is different enough, but now that I think about it, green is kind of overused anyway. :silly: I'll change the color sometime later. Do you think dark brown would work?

Dark brown would look really nice now that I'm thinking about it. Also, warm grey would look pretty cool, but It's up to you. :)

• Thank you received: 22
13 Mar 2014 01:00 #225

RC wrote:

Buzzmusic wrote:

Dark brown would look really nice now that I'm thinking about it. Also, warm grey would look pretty cool, but It's up to you. :)

It's just my opinion, and Buzzmusic is free to do as he wants, but I think keeping the level green would look better than if it was changed to dark brown. I know green is overused, but in my opinion it just looks much better than dark brown. Another option could be changing the level to a color like blue or purple, both of which I think would look nicer than dark brown.

• Thank you received: 0
16 Mar 2014 16:34 #226
hey buzz, i got 29.91 on this level :)

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
21 Mar 2014 01:40 - 22 Mar 2014 13:34 #227

The shadows. Maybe make a custom dark green or something? if you do please PM the image to me so there isn't more then one green shadow around. I already made on for the blue called mbu_neutral6_random_shadow.png so maybe follow that format? Thank you if you do :)

Mostly I made the shadows black because of inspiration from "Playground". Thanks for offering texture help though. :)

I have a new level idea that's currently in phase 1. It'll be an avant-garde moving platform "ride". Since most MP rides are named after Darwinian theories, I shall call this level "Creationism" (this doesn't mean anything about my beliefs though :silly:).

EDIT: After a good amount of time spent making the level, it's at phase 3 already.

Last edit: 22 Mar 2014 13:34 by Buzzmusic.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
27 Mar 2014 01:33 #228
Progress on the interior is going very well.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
27 Mar 2014 01:42 #229
Hey i just want to tell you your levels are so creative no matter what type they are and i enjoy playing them!

I played marble blast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buzzmusic

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
27 Mar 2014 01:51 #230
Thank you very much! :cheer:

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
03 Apr 2014 16:38 #231
Creationism is at phase 4!

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
05 Apr 2014 15:41 #232
Sorry for the double-post, but this is kind of a big update.

Creationism is pretty much done. I think it needs a couple of testers however. I'd like at least one of the testers to be an intermediate MB player, since even though I consider Creationism an "expert level", I'm aiming for a level where intermediate-advanced players can at least get through all of the necessary parts with enough practice.

• Thank you received: 0
07 Apr 2014 05:22 #233
I'll test that level, it's been a little while since I've played this game.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
07 Apr 2014 15:04 #234
I sent the level to you. Thanks for volunteering. Does anyone else wanna test? :cheer:

• Thank you received: 156
09 Apr 2014 19:48 #235
Creationism looks pretty slick. I'd be happy to test.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
21 Apr 2014 23:27 #236
Another MP level is in progress and will be released as soon as possible. It's essentially Diamond Territory, but more multiplayer-friendly. I'm calling it simply "Territory".

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
22 Apr 2014 00:12 - 22 Apr 2014 00:14 #237
Hey Buzz I would be interested to test and by the way Territory is looking very cool and you were also very creative with it. Keep on going with making mp and mb levels! :cheer: Also I have a question, what type of coding do you use for making levels or how is it done?

I played marble blast
Last edit: 22 Apr 2014 00:14 by MBKid. Reason: adding more stuff

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
22 Apr 2014 17:36 #238
Thank you very much! :) Making a level doesn't require much coding skill unless the level needs a special powerup, friction, etc. that isn't already in Marble Blast. If that's the case, I ask for help from people on the forums who are better than me at coding.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
22 Apr 2014 22:47 - 22 Apr 2014 22:47 #239
Ok, I know a bit of Javascript but otherwise I'm a noob at coding. :P

I played marble blast
Last edit: 22 Apr 2014 22:47 by MBKid. Reason: adding a COMMA

• Thank you received: 20
23 Apr 2014 01:14 #240
Those multiplayer levels look cool, can't wait to play them. (I'm so glad the purple the purple texture's finally being used.)

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.076 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.