question-circle Constructor/LE issue - textures missing..?

• Evokrypt
  • Evokrypt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 69
28 May 2016 15:54 #1
I've made a quick level just so that I can make sure I can actually get everything to work. I followed NatureFreak's steps for converting the .map file to a .dif file, which has worked fine, but when I make a mission in the Level Editor, and load the interior, all I get is a whitish/cream wash across all brushes in the interior. Things to note:

1) I am on a Mac. I used the MBMap2Dif thingy and that worked absolutely fine. [Normally, before I'd discovered this, I would just export it through Constructor and find that my interior didn't work in the LE, but now it does.]
2) I saved my .csx file as a .map file so that after I actually did the saving, it went back to the Constructor screen with the .map file there (before saving it would have been the .csx file, hope this makes sense). However, when I open this .map file, all of the textures are missing. It comes up with the error:

Could not resolve the following textures: MBP

'MBP Textures' is the name for the folder of textures I have created in Constructor, so I don't know why it says MBP ... This is especially mysterious as it's not like I don't have the textures to use in Constructor when making the level. Although thinking about it, it could be the folder name which has the textures in.

I was really hoping to start making some custom levels, but this problem is really annoying and I have tried several times just to see if it would work. The other alternative is if someone exports it for me but I seriously don't want to do that every time I make a level!! Thank you.

SoundCloud page here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
28 May 2016 16:00 - 28 May 2016 16:02 #2
Change the name of the folder containing the map/texture files, and the name of the album so they don't have spaces. I think you'll need to re-add the textures to the album, as Constructor won't know you changed the name of the folder.
Last edit: 28 May 2016 16:02 by Weather.

• Evokrypt
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
28 May 2016 16:04 #3
Ok thanks, I'll try that. And btw, Cookies is an awesome level. ;)

SoundCloud page here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weather

• Evokrypt
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
28 May 2016 16:15 #4
Wow, it actually worked. YAY!! It turns out I didn't need to change the name of the folder where the textures were contained, just the album name in Constructor. Is this topic worth stickying?

SoundCloud page here:

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.733 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.