file [MBG] Interior refuses to load onto level, and here's why (How to fix it)

• guyer
  • guyer's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
28 Jan 2018 10:10 #1
Hey y'all.

Yesterday I created a level in Constructor, made in both .csx and .map formats and then converted to .dif file and placed into the marble/data/interiors folder. The interior has a size of around 1 megabyte.

Now, when I try to load it into the level editor featured in Marble Blast Gold, all I get is a refusal of the interior to load and the following text when entering the console mode:

Interior::read: incompatible file version format
Unable to read detail level 0 in interior resource
Unable to load interior: marble/data/interiors/hiway/hiwayragetest2.dif
common/editor/EditorGui.cs (1201): Register object failed for object (null)

Is there anything I should change in the .csx or .map file, or should I update Torque Constructor from 1.0.3 to 1.0.6?

P.S. I am a newbie, so I'm asking the ways to solve this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
06 Feb 2018 02:47 #2
I'm guessing you exported the dif file from Constructor. Marble Blast Gold can't read the versions of dif files that Constructor can export by default, so you'll either need to use Map2Dif ( Windows / Mac ), or this page that converts incompatible versions into one that MBG can use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CylinderKnot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.788 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.