Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file MBP Suggestions aka THE ESSAY TOPIC

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
17 Apr 2009 05:36 #61
Idea Numbers Already Discussed: 1,2,3
New Ideas:
4. Old sounds, names, shapes, etc. but only in Marble Blast Gold levels in MBP
5. Time restoration when you spawn at last checkpoint.
6. Please change to Mines/Nukes instead of Nukes and please change to why mines cause less explosion and why nukes cause the most.
7. Need 2 Custom and Extra buttons for MBG/MBP and the leaderboards.
8. Need a transfer button that will transfer your times to another computer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57
17 Apr 2009 05:50 #62
4. Impossible, go play MBG if you want them.

5. Why? They're just to help you get through a long challenging part, not to reward you for falling.

6. Its nukes! Go play MBG for mines.

7. Why?

8. Just copy prefs.cs to another comp.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
17 Apr 2009 08:45 #63
4. had already been replied to: no Actually that's possible and is currently in an unknown priority. I like the idea so it's something that MIGHT be done (doesn't mean it will so don't get your hopes up), but it's also part of a greater plan of mine which will be kept secret said in the new thread that Spy47 talks about below kept secret anyway.

5. was discussed already way above your suggestion, and been decided as no. This is to avoid people trying to perfect sections every time so that they get possible best, and also as trace said, they're just to help to get through some parts. If you do want to utilize one for shortcut, use it on Rolling to Eternity.

6. MBP uses Nukes, MBG levels use Mines. Whoever wants to use Nukes its his choice. Nukes are there for extra explosion and hence make them more difficult. I don't see where Mines/Nukes is used (I checked the Manual and it doesn't have Mines in it).

7. What that YOU need doesn't mean WE need. MBP 1.13 gave everyone an ability to make your own custom folders, and they all appear in the custom section on offline play. Extra is not a difficulty in MBP and such does not exist and will not be created (the nearest thing are the Director's Cut, which come automatically in MBP under custom). Leaderboards are out of your jurisdiction and you can not request added buttons or custom folders or anything. Those are controlled by me alone. You have also failed epicly in providing any sort of reasoning as to why something should be there, hence it's easier to say no

8. Rephrase: Need to learn how to upload my MBPprefs.cs to filefront, megauploader, rapidshare, localhostr, other file sharing sites or to learn how to send to self via email and download from another computer because my request is completely impossible and I have not even thought about it and whether it can be done or how it can be done.

(Don't take anything personally, it's how I act generally towards impossible suggestions that were clearly not thought about)

That being in mind:

- Permananet Powerup Mode (chris/thoran)

DIY, not gonna happen

- pause, fast forward, rewind, slow motion for replay centre/recording files

More impossible than suggestion number 8 above

- search box that searches contents of .inf files as well as file name

Open the inf file yourself, it's easy.

For the rest of you:

Spy47 says:
well you normally suggest something that you think would be useful to the entire community, not something for your own convenience
Spy47 says:
that's why companies usually take suggestions that have been made by a lot of people

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 2
17 Apr 2009 09:01 #64
Okay I think we should clear up this whole mess. As Matan said, don't take anything personally.

First of all, suggestions are not Oh I want this so I'll suggest it to death. Suggestions are well thought ideas that you think they would be useful to the whole community (and of course the community must agree).

Therefore, we'll be only taking ideas that most of the community agrees on, so they would be worth the time designing.

In few words, go ahead and suggest, but don't ask Why not or get angry where nobody else has suggested it.

Also, I'll make an Accepted Ideas thread so you can see if your idea was agreed by the community and accepted for the next patch.

Thanks and again, don't take it personally.

• Thank you received: 3
17 Apr 2009 13:36 #65
Apr 17, 2009, 1:45am, admin wrote:If you do want to utilize one for shortcut, use it on Rolling to Eternity.

Where can I find that?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
17 Apr 2009 13:47 #66
My youtube videos:

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
18 Apr 2009 07:00 #67
9. In the leaderboards lobby, change to a Chat button instead of a Whisper button. Sounds better.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
18 Apr 2009 08:51 #68
Erm, how is that a PERSONAL MESSAGE? Whisper at least means that. Chat ... doesn't mean anything.

• Thank you received: 0
18 Apr 2009 20:51 #69
Ok, i was having a browse on the LB's and i feel this area does need some overall improvements....

i'm thinking :

a) Can we get hyperlinks, i've noticed people want to show each other YouTube videos and we aren't all connected by MSN or something so they would be nice
b) Can we get another LB's in the totals.. which is seperate GG and normal marble overall scores.. i notice many people don't have time to use one of the marbles and this means that somebody who is rank 20 - 30 could actually be rank 5 or something in the Total for those balls...
c) Can we get allow the GG to be usuable on the customs.. i dunno i prefer the ball i'm not actually sure if you will allow this and i thought i could be user discretion about whether they wanted to use either ball but only actually have one score... like i said my preference is GG however i realise most people prefer the normal so if this is rejected then i'll be ok just thought in a suggestions thread i'd say what came to mind and hopefully get some backing

• Thank you received: 18
18 Apr 2009 22:16 #70
For your last suggestion, keep in mind that many custom levels have small gaps that the obese GG marble could not fit through; therefore, we would either have to work hard to fix them, or let people get frustrated when they can't beat some levels. I think we should continue not allowing GG marble on custom LBs.

18 Apr 2009 22:27 #71
i would be happy to try and if it was impossible just use the normal marble, this why i said we should have a choice

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
19 Apr 2009 07:32 #72
Hey guys just as a reminder, there are some really good suggestions from page 1-3 in here and a lot of them are possible, but we haven't added them to the list because they are not supported by the community. If you like a suggestion and think it would be great to see on MBP, just quote the suggestion and say that you want it and reason why. If we get at least 5 people on a suggestion, it will go for the list and will have highest of chances to go into MBP (unless it's impossible, or if we run out of time, of course ).

Some of the suggestions that need support:

(7 votes)

Separate high scores for each marble size, plus a few more sizes (something in between regular and small marble 1 and something larger than big marble 3).
A display of how large/small the marble is compared to the default marble (like 1.5x).
Compare high scores between different marbles.

(8 votes)

An option to turn on/off a checker that will check if you have all interiors for a level being loaded.

(8 votes)

A skybox changer. Possibly you could select the mode, and then select the skybox you want to go with it.
TO ADD: have more skyboxes, plus custom made ones.

(7 votes)

Timer that shows how much Time Travel Bonus you have left

(5 votes)

A better GUIed level editor.
A level editor with buttons and a walkthrough.

(5 votes)

A LEPrefs.cs that can remember all values set by the user (starts default, but is modifyable).

(7 votes)

Game = Platinum;
or
Game = Gold;
if Game isn't specified, then:
Game = Platinum;

If:
Game = Gold; , all scripts and sound files will direct to their MBG Powerups and Sounds equilavent.

This would also affect the PlayGUI and Scoreboard, achieveing 100% MBG for MBG levels. Unknown effect for Leaderboards.

(8 votes)

Expand the options menu to 'Gameplay' header where you can modify game values automatically. Options can be included for;
Default Gravity
Jumping
Rebound
Recoil
Friction
Diagonal speed = Forward Speed (so diagonal is the same as forwards)
Other characteristics

Everything can be changed with a few sliders, buttons and maybe number inputs.

Have a 'Default' option so that players can play on the Leaderboards. If values not at default, they can't access LBs.

(5 votes)

The game needs to store (offline) top 5 scores instead of 3.

(8 votes)

Automatic Demo Recording - A recording is automaticalyl made under some name and when the player finishes the level, he can press a button to save the recording (under a new name of course, else it's overwritten).
Reload button so that level reloads and the player can restart the demo without having to go through a huge process.

Note: Please expand such system so that the .rec doesn't screw up, for example you can't restart during a demo recording session, so if the player restarts he should be notified the the .rec file will not be saved/work and he has to reload the level. Perhaps add a 'reload' button to the 'ESC' menu as well?

(5.5 votes)

Last 25 levels played feature in the search feature so that you can find that one you randomly clicked.

(3 votes)

- A Restart from Last Checkpoint button.
(AllowLastChkpt = 1; (Rolling to Eternity and other levels can be cheated this way using TMs))

(6 votes)

Platinum/Ultimate tags showing on the Leaderboards next to the times like they do in Singleplayer, if possible. Possible on general or just personal? On general it would be interesting to have a P or U tag, maybe just a single picture with a single letter in the P/U colors?

(3 votes)

A levels not completed feature that show which levels the player did not finish. (um, might overload customs)

(6.5 votes)

Levels released feature (like TotDay) that shows level name/author and a download link to it on PhilsEmpire server. Works on mac if they're able to do an interior test.

(2 votes)

Maybe make a file for mac that launches MBP in an interior test mode, quits the level and goes back to main menu (this way TotDay works?).

(1 vote)

A button that disables the qualify and par times of all levels. Does not work on Leaderboards?

(7 votes)

Ability to play custom levels (non-online purposes) on the leaderboards (they give no rating of course) so that you can talk to other players.

(6 votes)

Add leaderboard achievements to offline (first four pages)

(9 votes)

New achievements

(7 votes)

Add scores (to show) how much each achievement is worth on the achievements page on LBs.

(6 votes)

Gem Radar (the arrows like in MBU/O)

(6 votes)

Bonus levels for completing achievements

Eg. you unlock a hidden level for getting 60 EEs, another level after getting all 120 EEs. Maybe after getting a sub minute on Theif you unlock a hidden sequel. After beating BF's UT you unlock a hidden extra Battlecube level. After getting over 10mil points in the LBs you unlock another level etc.

(7.5 votes)

Frictionprefs.cs SEPARATE from LBs so that players can make custom frictions.

(2 votes)

Sequential Gems
This could work a couple of different ways. Each gem could have a field called collectOrder or something like that, and you'd input 1-99, which makes you unable to collect gems not next in the sequence. It'd add some variety to level strategies. If GemRadar is ever implemented, it could most effectively be applied to this concept. That way there's only one arrow at all times. Also, you could somehow code to make all gems, except the one supposed to be collected next, invisible, so that after you collect the one gem, the next one is plotted. I believe (not know) this is possible, as how else do you guys get the gems to respawn after a checkpoint spawn?
Obviously, without the GemRadar or the invisible gems, a sequential gem order might not be as practical because it'd be hard to tell what gem you need next other than the logical level flow. An idea to HELP solve this is sequential GROUPS. So if many gems are near each other, you could label all their collectOrders to equal the same number, so it didn't matter which OF THAT GROUP that you collected first.

(2 votes)

Statistics screen displays Total Time for MBP & MBG separate difficulties.

On the Leaderboards, players can see other players' total times for MBG/P.

(1 vote)

Overall time and amount of levels played in General Rating Board.

(1 vote)

A button in the options menu which allows players to change proxy settings, hence connect to Leaderboards via HTTPS, and add proxy/port.

(2 votes)

Add to Leaderboards the same achievements as in singleplayer, and add Gold Times as well.

(1 vote)

Add achievements to leaderboards that indicate progress, such at 30 Platinum Times, 40 Ultimate Times, 80 Gold Times etc.

Without your support the above cannot happen. Please Quote the suggestion(s) you think would be best and post your reasoning why!

19 Apr 2009 08:06 #73
Just a thought:

How about bonus levels for completing achievements?

Eg. you unlock a hidden level for getting 60 EEs, another level after getting all 120 EEs. Maybe after getting a sub minute on Theif you unlock a hidden sequel. After beating BF's UT you unlock a hidden extra Battlecube level. After getting over 10mil points in the LBs you unlock another level etc. Just a though.

Also like I have suggested before, prefs.cs SEPARATE from LBs so that we can make custom frictions.

I SUPPORT:

More achievements
Well, you can never have too many. We don't need any more hard ones though, maybe some with only moderate difficulty to beat.

P/U tags on people's LB times
Great to see who has beaten the UT/PT, would def make me want to get a better time.

Game = Platinum/Gold option
I play all levels in MBP so what customs are intended for MBG I have MBP textures and stuff in.

Time Bonus Timer
Why don't we need this? It'd be extremely helpful in going for better runs.

I might add more later.

• Mkbul
  • Mkbul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
19 Apr 2009 08:58 #74
Quote:Separate high scores for each marble size, plus a few more sizes (something in between regular and small marble 1 and something larger than big marble 3).
A display of how large/small the marble is compared to the default marble (like 1.5x).

I agree with that. I like the idea of seperate marble scores. Also the idea of a smaller/bigger marble sounds fun as never! +1

Quote:Frictionprefs.cs SEPARATE from LBs so that players can make custom frictions.

I also agree with that. Its sad for us, becuase i have built like 20 frictions in MBG, while in MBP you cant! +1

Quote:Expand the options menu to 'Gameplay' header where you can modify game values automatically. Options can be included for;
Default Gravity
Jumping
Rebound
Recoil
Friction
Other characteristics

Have a 'Default' option so that players can play on the Leaderboards. If values not at default, they can't access LBs.

I like that idea, it is gonna be a good addon for someone that wants to explre levels and such +1

Quote:Timer that shows how much Time Travel Bonus you have left

It must be a useful feature! +1

~~Thanks for supporting my topic!~~

19 Apr 2009 11:54 #75
Quote:Hey guys just as a reminder, there are some really good suggestions from page 1-3 in here and a lot of them are possible, but we haven't added them to the list because they are not supported by the community. If you like a suggestion and think it would be great to see on MBP, just quote the suggestion and say that you want it and reason why. If we get at least 5 people on a suggestion, it will go for the list and will have highest of chances to go into MBP (unless it's impossible, or if we run out of time, of course ).

Just thought i'd make sure i'm getting it right , i totally agree with this suggestion. My reasoni
Some of the suggestions that need support:

Quote:Separate high scores for each marble size, plus a few more sizes (something in between regular and small marble 1 and something larger than big marble 3).

Like i said, a cool feature to have, especially offline. But online i am happy as long as they don't have points, i don't have time to do all 440 levels for points, thats excluding customs

Quote:An option to turn on/off a checker that will check if you have all interiors for a level being loaded.

Sure, why not.. it would be useful, i hate it when you go onto a level and there is just one bit missing, Kurts advanced is my example.. there is a chunk missing if you get CLA

Quote:A skybox changer. Possibly you could select the mode, and then select the skybox you want to go with it.

Good idea, because i enjoy having different skies but don't enjoy the whole copy pasting over each other thing

Quote:Timer that shows how much Time Travel Bonus you have left

Umm.. i suggested this, it must be genius

Quote:A better GUIed level editor.

Good idea, provides noobs with map building skills this will increase LotM competitions in the long run if they get into it. Also it will help everybody make maps so more customs.. its not like i'm already 1200 behind on what i have still got to complete

Quote:A LEPrefs.cs that can remember all values set by the user (starts default, but is modifyable).

If i am correct in this i think this is useful and have heard people like PF talking about this and other level designers and what they want should be given because we are rewarded with levels

Quote:Game = Platinum;
or
Game = Gold;
Game = Platinum;

If:
Game = Gold; , all scripts and sound files will direct to their MBG Powerups and Sounds equilavent.

This would also affect the PlayGUI and Scoreboard, achieveing 100% MBG for MBG levels. Unknown effect for Leaderboards.

I did like the old sounds, so ... onwards and upwards!

Quote:Expand the options menu to 'Gameplay' header where you can modify game values automatically. Options can be included for;
Default Gravity
Jumping
Rebound
Recoil
Friction
Other characteristics

i actually think this is kind of lame... well the diagonal one.. i spent ages trying to perfect it so removing would just annoy me and others... however the idea itself has principles which will increase replay value, and well, that is what the community thriving so i agree

Quote:The game needs to store (offline) top 5 scores instead of 3.

I thought about this and in my opinion we need 10 however 5 is closer to 10 than 3 so 5 it is

Quote:Automatic Demo Recording - A recording is automaticaly made under some name and when the player finishes the level, he can press a button to save the recording (under a new name of course, else it's overwritten).
Reload button so that level reloads and the player can restart the demo without having to go through a huge process.

Note: Please expand such system so that the .rec doesn't screw up, for example you can't restart during a demo recording session, so if the player restarts he should be notified the the .rec file will not be saved/work and he has to reload the level. Perhaps add a 'reload' button to the 'ESC' menu as well?

i don't even need reasons for this, perfect for showing your perfect paths to save recordings and this means i don't have to play in lag and i also don't have to repeat paths for vids

Quote:Last 25 levels played feature in the search feature so that you can find that one you randomly clicked.

GREAT idea, wonder which genius came up with that?

Quote:- A Restart from Last Checkpoint button.
(AllowLastChkpt = 1; (Rolling to Eternity and other levels can be cheated this way using TMs))

I guess this would be cool because it allows me to get UT's by effectivly cheating, although i would feel kind of bad so probably wouldn't use it.. but for those who want here is your vote. Aren't i kind?

Quote:
Platinum/Ultimate tags showing on the Leaderboards next to the times like they do in Singleplayer, if possible. Possible on general or just personal? On general it would be interesting to have a P or U tag, maybe just a single picture with a single letter in the P/U colors?

would be nice to see how much people have beaten it also, so can we get told on the LB not only the Par time but the PT + UT.. could be cool offline also. Like i said LB needs improvements, this is the first step towards success

Quote:A levels not completed feature that show which levels the player did not finish. (um, might overload customs)

how about we don't show customs, or it is done by category.. is this possible for Levels not got PT / UT aswell

Quote:Levels released feature (like TotDay) that shows level name/author and a download link to it on PhilsEmpire server. Works on mac if they're able to do an interior test.

saves me having to load the site, and laziness is deffinatly a plus

Quote:
Maybe make a file for mac that launches MBP in an interior test mode, quits the level and goes back to main menu (this way TotDay works?).

Those who have macs introduced the game for me, and when they are losing out i feel bad, so fix this asap and then my conscience will be fixed

Quote:A button that disables the qualify and par times of all levels. Does not work on Leaderboards?

the only one so far where i am going to say no, this means on levels where you often have to practice for speed, you don't have to.. Bfinale would then become easy for example

Quote:Ability to play custom levels (non-online purposes) on the leaderboards (they give no rating of course) so that you can talk to other players.

Do it, community is the key to success

Quote:Add leaderboard achievements to offline (first four pages)

Also can we get some easier acheivments like aswell as all PT's have say an achiev for 1,10,60,100,120.. just for satisfaction of doing some.. can be done with level categorys and UT's this will encourage players who find it harder to pratice

Quote:New achievements

Read my last comment, but also a big yes

Quote:Add scores (to show) how much each achievement is worth on the achievements page on LBs.

Good idea, because when being chased by people and barely keeping my place, it might be nice to know that if i finish a level a few second quicker than i did that i will be rewarded by 200k points or something..

Quote:

This was really needed yesterday i was playing Bfinale and i was missing a gem, black doesn't show up well on the expert levels and IMO it should be removed.. a gem colour selector aswell ?
however this finder would have helped me, can we have it turnable on and off ingame by for example Alt + L or something...

Quote:Bonus levels for completing achievements

Eg. you unlock a hidden level for getting 60 EEs, another level after getting all 120 EEs. Maybe after getting a sub minute on Theif you unlock a hidden sequel. After beating BF's UT you unlock a hidden extra Battlecube level. After getting over 10mil points in the LBs you unlock another level etc.

sounds cool, looking forward to these, can we make them not accessable by the old prefs.cs method? or is that impossible.. which i highly suspect

Quote:

Level building tools, always a definate yes, so that i can see my favourite level designers like Andrew make even more fun levels

Quote:Without your support the above cannot happen. Please Quote the suggestion(s) you think would be best and post your reasoning why!

You Owe me one, this has taken a while

W00T 10k characters... although most of them were Matan's.. go me .. this is why post count is silly, you should get more than one count for essays

19 Apr 2009 16:14 #76
Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Separate high scores for each marble size, plus a few more sizes (something in between regular and small marble 1 and something larger than big marble 3).
Compare high scores between different marbles.Definitely, since different times (and routes) are possible with different marbles.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote: An option to turn on/off a checker that will check if you have all interiors for a level being loaded.Agreed, so I don't end up playing a level with fewer interiors than what there should be.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:A skybox changer. Possibly you could select the mode, and then select the skybox you want to go with it.
TO ADD: have more skyboxes, plus custom made ones.Agree with both, I like a different skybox every once in a while.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Timer that shows how much Time Travel Bonus you have leftYup. Would help on levels with a bunch of TTs where I try not to let the time restart.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Expand the options menu to 'Gameplay' header where you can modify game values automatically. Options can be included for;
Default Gravity
Jumping
Rebound
Recoil
Friction
Other characteristics

Have a 'Default' option so that players can play on the Leaderboards. If values not at default, they can't access LBs.Yesyesyesyesyes. I would like to customize my marble and play different ways, and find new paths using the different settings too.

Dunno about high scores…

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:The game needs to store (offline) top 5 scores instead of 3.See the bottom of this post.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Automatic Demo Recording - A recording is automaticalyl made under some name and when the player finishes the level, he can press a button to save the recording (under a new name of course, else it's overwritten).

Note: Please expand such system so that the .rec doesn't screw up, for example you can't restart during a demo recording session, so if the player restarts he should be notified the the .rec file will not be saved/work and he has to reload the level. Perhaps add a 'reload' button to the 'ESC' menu as well?Yes please. I've just played one too many levels where I did a great run in the first few tries, didn't record it, and spent the next half hour trying to match or beat it.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:- A Restart from Last Checkpoint button.
(AllowLastChkpt = 1; (Rolling to Eternity and other levels can be cheated this way using TMs))Since I don't like getting stuck somewhere.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Platinum/Ultimate tags showing on the Leaderboards next to the times like they do in Singleplayer, if possible. Possible on general or just personal? On general it would be interesting to have a P or U tag, maybe just a single picture with a single letter in the P/U colors?I've thought about this, and although I would like it, for me the P/U distinctions have become less meaningful because the point values reduce the distinction between different times compared to offline mode.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:A levels not completed feature that show which levels the player did not finish. (um, might overload customs)I would like that, so I can see what levels I haven't done more easily (and then click on one to try and beat).

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:New achievementsI support this, more achievements are (almost) always good.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Add scores (to show) how much each achievement is worth on the achievements page on LBs.Yes, I'd like to see how many points I get for an achievement, that might spur me further to get some more achievements.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Gem Radar (the arrows like in MBU/O)(And AllowGemRadar=1) Yes, that would help on some of the larger levels.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Frictionprefs.cs SEPARATE from LBs so that players can make custom frictions.Yes, more choices here is good.

Apr 19, 2009, 4:54am, thoran wrote:I thought about this and in my opinion we need 10 however 5 is closer to 10 than 3 so 5 it is I was also thinking 10 but I decided on 5 for some reason. I'd like more than 3 so I can see any trends in the high scores list, and maybe see my earlier top times too.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Thank you received: 15
19 Apr 2009 18:49 #77
Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:
Separate high scores for each marble size, plus a few more sizes (something in between regular and small marble 1 and something larger than big marble 3).

Wouldn't this make the scoreboard too cluttered and messy? I would prefer just one list of high scores.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:An option to turn on/off a checker that will check if you have all interiors for a level being loaded.

Good idea, especially in large custom levels with many interiors.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:A skybox changer. Possibly you could select the mode, and then select the skybox you want to go with it.

Being able to choose the sky in each level is a cool idea which I support.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Timer that shows how much Time Travel Bonus you have left

This is one of the few things suggested that I don't find necessary. What would be the point of this, really?

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:A better GUIed level editor.

This could be good for people just learning the editor, since the way it is set up now makes it have a bit of a learning curve.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:A LEPrefs.cs that can remember all values set by the user (starts default, but is modifyable).

Good idea.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Game = Platinum;
or
Game = Gold;
Game = Platinum;

If:

Yes, yes, yes, this will help completely separate the two games even more than they are now.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Expand the options menu to 'Gameplay' header where you can modify game values automatically. Options can be included for;
Default Gravity
Jumping
Rebound
Recoil
Friction
Other characteristics

This will make it easier to modify the game, and could make for some interesting custom levels.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:The game needs to store (offline) top 5 scores instead of 3.

I suppose...

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Automatic Demo Recording - A recording is automaticalyl made under some name and when the player finishes the level, he can press a button to save the recording (under a new name of course, else it's overwritten).

It's always frustrating to have to restart the whole demo process whenever you mess up in a level. I say yes for this one.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Last 25 levels played feature in the search feature so that you can find that one you randomly clicked.

Maybe...if there's a level I played recently and want to play again, but can't find, this might be good to use.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:- A Restart from Last Checkpoint button.

Um, you can just let the marble go OOB and it will start on the previous checkpoint anyway. Don't see the point.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Platinum/Ultimate tags showing on the Leaderboards next to the times like they do in Singleplayer, if possible. Possible on general or just personal? On general it would be interesting to have a P or U tag, maybe just a single picture with a single letter in the P/U colors?

A small thing, but might be good to do in the long run.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:A levels not completed feature that show which levels the player did not finish. (um, might overload customs)

This might be good instead of having to search through my level lists to find ones I didn't complete.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Levels released feature (like TotDay) that shows level name/author and a download link to it on PhilsEmpire server. Works on mac if they're able to do an interior test.

Sounds good.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Maybe make a file for mac that launches MBP in an interior test mode, quits the level and goes back to main menu (this way TotDay works?).

Anything that will get TotD working is approved by me.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:A button that disables the qualify and par times of all levels. Does not work on Leaderboards?

This would take away any sense of challenge on levels with a qualify/par time, and make them less fun in the process.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Ability to play custom levels (non-online purposes) on the leaderboards (they give no rating of course) so that you can talk to other players.

Good idea, that way you can share best times and stuff with fellow marblers who are also online.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Add leaderboard achievements to offline (first four pages)

Definitely yes, I always thought there weren't enough achievements in the regular game.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:New achievements

We could always use more achievements, definitely agreed.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Add scores (to show) how much each achievement is worth on the achievements page on LBs.

Approved.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Gem Radar (the arrows like in MBU/O)

Good if there are a small amount of gems in a level, but not if there's a large amount (BFinale, for example, has 96). Having 96 arrows crowding the screen would make it near impossible to play.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Bonus levels for completing achievements

That would make extra work for people who have to make these bonus levels. Imo, just stick with the points and rating system.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Frictionprefs.cs SEPARATE from LBs so that players can make custom frictions.

Definitely needed, no reason why we can't make custom frictions.

19 Apr 2009 19:53 #78

Having like 10 leaderboards is not good, but for people like using different size marbles i support. What i don't is the idea that it would be easier to get 50 mill, 100 mill, ect.

An option to turn on/off a checker that will check if you have all interiors for a level being loaded.

I support this due to me failing to load a level after playing hazardous house and such levels.

A skybox changer. Possibly you could select the mode, and then select the skybox you want to go with it.

I love this idea because i have some skyboxes i want to use for different levels and i have to keep changing I support this.

Timer that shows how much Time Travel Bonus you have left

Love this idea because on levels like BFinale and you get those TTs, you know when they'll run out. Supported.

Expand the options menu to 'Gameplay' header where you can modify game values automatically. Options can be included for;
Default Gravity
Jumping
Rebound
Recoil
Friction
Other characteristics

Good for level makers that like to get funky Supported

Good for players to find out who beat what UT or PT. Supported

Levels released feature (like TotDay) that shows level name/author and a download link to it on PhilsEmpire server. Works on mac if they're able to do an interior test.

Love this idea so you don't have to go to 10 different topics to download levels! Supported.

Ability to play custom levels (non-online purposes) on the leaderboards (they give no rating of course) so that you can talk to other players.

Like this idea. Supported.

New achievements

Can't ever have to many. Supported.

Same thing with what andrew said, it should be optional imo so you don't have that case with what andrew said. Supported

Bonus levels for completing achievements

Awesome idea! Supported

Love this idea so i can fudge up some frictions and see what happens ;P Supported.

Sorry my things are worded differently, dunno how to quote certain parts ect.

19 Apr 2009 22:11 #79
Should there be a MBP clock?

• Thank you received: 15
19 Apr 2009 22:27 #80
Apr 19, 2009, 3:11pm, micah wrote:Should there be a MBP clock?

What do you call this then?

19 Apr 2009 22:33 #81
I think he means that shows time. I think this topic should be stickied.

19 Apr 2009 22:57 #82
Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote: An option to turn on/off a checker that will check if you have all interiors for a level being loaded.
like the idea, but just have it show nothing unless some interiors aren't loaded. And maybe if you mouse over it it says which ones?

Not exactly sure about the mode thing, but I like that idea.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Timer that shows how much Time Travel Bonus you have left
Need this

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Game = Platinum;
or
Game = Gold;
Game = Platinum;

If:

This would also affect the PlayGUI and Scoreboard, achieveing 100% MBG for MBG levels. Unknown effect for Leaderboards. We really need that one.

Default Gravity
Jumping
Rebound
Recoil
Friction
Other characteristics

I think that sounds like fun for offline, but have it automatically be default for LBs.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Automatic Demo Recording - A recording is automatically made under some name and when the player finishes the level, he can press a button to save the recording (under a new name of course, else it's overwritten).
I've wanted this myself alot. But have it be saved under like SFJL:KEFJLKEJFLKSJ:FAFejf3iu4o3jfk8laf or something like that, and if it's not saved, it gets deleted right?

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Last 25 levels played feature in the search feature so that you can find that one you randomly clicked.
I like this idea

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Levels released feature (like TotDay) that shows level name/author and a download link to it on PhilsEmpire server. Works on mac if they're able to do an interior test.
Then what's the point of going on forums? no, I like this one. But TotD is never updated, definitely not daily.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Ability to play custom levels (non-online purposes) on the leaderboards (they give no rating of course) so that you can talk to other players.
Approved

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Add leaderboard achievements to offline (first four pages)
Approved

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:New achievements
Approved

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Add scores (to show) how much each achievement is worth on the achievements page on LBs.
But currently they're not worth anything.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Gem Radar (the arrows like in MBU/O)
I think we'd need more approvals for this since it affects game play.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Bonus levels for completing achievements

I'd love that!

So those are the ones I approve (give 1/2 for Gem Radar). Also, can we have it posted on the initial post all of these and how many times they've been approved?

19 Apr 2009 23:01 #83
Apr 19, 2009, 11:49am, andrewsears wrote:Wouldn't this make the scoreboard too cluttered and messy? I would prefer just one list of high scores.
Apr 19, 2009, 12:53pm, sonicthe1990 wrote:Having like 10 leaderboards is not good, but for people like using different size marbles i support. What i don't is the idea that it would be easier to get 50 mill, 100 mill, ect.I was thinking that the scoreboard would only show the times made by the marble size selected at the moment. And points probably won't be given for other marble sizes.

Apr 19, 2009, 11:49am, andrewsears wrote:Um, you can just let the marble go OOB and it will start on the previous checkpoint anyway. Don't see the point.This is why:

Apr 6, 2009, 8:39pm, imacmatician wrote:The problem is that in some places it's hard or impossible to go OOB. For example, I was playing Speed Attack and there's this bit with a tornado that sucks you in and there's a platform on top of the tornado, so you stay in there. You're supposed to use the Super Speed to fling you out, but I used it while pressing forward (instead of reverse as you're supposed to do, but I didn't know that), so the Super Speed didn't get me anywhere and I spent the next 10 minutes trying to get out of there by rolling and jumping (I eventually did).

Apr 19, 2009, 3:57pm, ari11 wrote:I've wanted this myself alot. But have it be saved under like SFJL:KEFJLKEJFLKSJ:FAFejf3iu4o3jfk8laf or something like that, and if it's not saved, it gets deleted right?Pretty much.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

19 Apr 2009 23:05 #84
oops, sry for double post

20 Apr 2009 07:59 #85
With my *now much better* level building skills I would be incredibly willing to make the bonus levels. I think sequels/followons would be awesome and very nostalgic.

But would there be a way so that people couldn't access the MIS's in the MBP folder?

• Mkbul
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
20 Apr 2009 08:23 #86
Only if you change the mis to something else, and thats almost not possible since MB needs mis. files for level codes. Maybe if someone of us learns good c can do this.

20 Apr 2009 09:33 #87
I mean a way of locking or hiding the MIS, not making it an unreadable mess

• Mkbul
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
20 Apr 2009 09:48 #88
Maybe password protected?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
20 Apr 2009 11:15 #89
That was what I was thinking, seeing as TGE supports that, but guess what, our engine is too old for that, so it can't read password protected ZIP files (though it does read MIS from ZIP which are non psw protected).

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
20 Apr 2009 11:30 #90
No less than 6 suggestions have received at least 5 votes, and quite a few are sitting on 4. Any more?

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.144 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.