Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file Question about saved spawns.

• Kwill
  • Kwill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 20
12 Apr 2014 16:01 #1
I was playing Sprawl in single-player mode and had a very lucky spawn set with seven blues. I played a very poor game, but since the spawn set was so lucky, I saved the spawns using the new feature. After a couple more tries, I pulled off 274 points, which should put me in second place. However, when I checked the leaderboards for Sprawl, my score wasn't registered. (It's still displayed under the level picture as my best time though.)

My question: Do games using saved spawns count toward the leaderboards?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
12 Apr 2014 17:21 #2
There was supposed be a dialog for this, but apparently it's broken (TIL).

Your assumption is correct, saved spawns do not count on the leaderboards. The main reason we chose this was because we felt it wasn't completely "legitimate" gameplay. Normally, the game spawns gems at random, unknown locations, but if you use saved spawns, you can take the time to memorize where the gems will appear, and be able to get a higher score.

Sorry for any confusion, <fixes message box for beta 4>
-HiGuy

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwill

• Kwill
  • Kwill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 20
17 Apr 2014 20:54 #3
Thanks, that's helpful but it still says that I have my 274 in practice mode with the Ultimate sticker next to it. So, in this case, would you say I legitamately beat the UT or not? (this is for my personal score, I don't care about my leaderboard score.)

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.739 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.