Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file Gem Steals and the Internal Clock

• Kwill
  • Kwill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 20
03 May 2014 15:58 #1
Lately, I've been noticing that whenever my opponent and I reach the same gem within about a tenth of a second of each other, 95% of the time, he gets it. Every game, I lose anywhere from 5 to 15 gems due to steals. This has become very frustrating to me; even when I can see with my naked eye that I reached it first, he gets it. I have a pretty slow computer, so I expect that I have a slow internal clock (I've never tested it), that could be causing my gems to be received more slowly. Do you think it's that or do you think it's more of a matter of playing on other people's servers?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
03 May 2014 16:39 #2
Confident it's because of the server you're on.

On Regislian's the same thing happens to me, exactly, plus whenever I get within an inch of somebody's marble I get flung backward, making it really hard to get gems.

On my server I'm prefectly fine with both issues, so my guess is that if you host you'll be fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, Kwill

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
03 May 2014 16:39 - 03 May 2014 16:40 #3
latency issue and slow computer can both cause this issue. Sadly, this is how multiplayer works, whoever the server sees colliding with the gem first is who get's the gem. And remember, the position of the other players isn't exact as to what the server sees, its predicted after all (very good prediction actually). Same goes for power ups too. I think it is probably just latency however, as marble blast is a really really old game and doesn't take much power to run.

If you want a more fairer latency, use the dedicated server.

Edit: Ninja'd by frosty

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
Last edit: 03 May 2014 16:40 by Jeff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwill

• Kwill
  • Kwill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 20
03 May 2014 20:21 #4
Thanks, that's helpful. I haven't been playing games on my own server recently, so that would explain it.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.867 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.