Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file Fairly straightforward feature request?

• GhostKoi
  • GhostKoi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Still playing MB on an iMac G5
  • Thank you received: 7
17 May 2015 19:55 - 17 May 2015 19:56 #1
Hey guys, I love the levels in MBP but I have never really enjoyed the sky boxes (to far removed from the cartoon styled sky boxes in MBG). Would it be possible to incorporate a feature into MBP that would allow the user to revert back to the MBG sky boxes or- even- select which skyboxe they want as their default. This would be similar to the way in which you can currently change your marble.

I completely understand if this is not possible / inconvenient- just though I would ask and see if anyone was interested...

Also- does anyone know of a way in which I could possibly change MBP's sky boxes to those found in MBG?

Apple 17" iMac G5 MID 2005 2GHz 1GB-RAM SuperDrive OS X 10.6.8 -Maybe I'll go back to Tiger when I finish my gaming PC!
Last edit: 17 May 2015 19:56 by GhostKoi. Reason: grammer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
21 May 2015 11:31 - 21 May 2015 11:32 #2
Ill take the duty to respond to this. Yes it is technically possible (but I imagine not that easly since skybox is determined by .mis and overriding skybox name every time level loads would conflict with something else I reckon). The question is, is it viable and really necessary feature and are more people interested in this? In my opinion MBP skyboxes are fine, if you would replace them with MBG one then theme of MBP would fall out of place, It just wouldn't look right.
What you can do though is try finding MBP skybox images somewhere in MBP files (under C:/users/yourusername/AppData/Roaming/Marble Blast Platinum) and replacing those with MBG skybox images. I can't guarantee though if anticheat system will get effected by this. If it will then you'll have to replace images back to old ones to play online.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 21 May 2015 11:32 by RDs.The-dts-guy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, GhostKoi

• GhostKoi
  • GhostKoi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Still playing MB on an iMac G5
  • Thank you received: 7
22 May 2015 18:37 #3
Thanks! I will try that next time I get the chance to play...

Apple 17" iMac G5 MID 2005 2GHz 1GB-RAM SuperDrive OS X 10.6.8 -Maybe I'll go back to Tiger when I finish my gaming PC!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.766 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.