Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file MBP for Linux?

• disorientedperson
  • disorientedperson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • 0__0
  • Thank you received: 0
06 Nov 2015 02:42 #1
Is there a chance of MBP ever being released for Linux?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
06 Nov 2015 04:56 #2
I don't think there will ever be a Linux version of MBP. However, you can use a Windows emulator and run the Windows version.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
06 Nov 2015 04:57 #3
There has never been any plan for MBP support on Linux. An extremely small percentage of our players use Linux (~1%), and supporting Linux would increase our workload by a substantial amount. If you want to play MBP on Linux, just play it using WinE (available through aptitude or probably pacman, I'm not sure about other distros). You will have to install some graphics support drivers, and Java to run the launcher, but it should work without too many issues. We don't officially support Linux, but we can attempt to help if you have any issues with WinE.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Thank you received: 123
06 Nov 2015 11:24 #4
Hello,

As you haven't mentioned what distro you want MBP on, I'm going to assume Ubuntu/Debian.

First off, the native binaries for MBG/MBP are quite bad and very likely not ABI-compatible with the extender. You would need to install Wine.
Using the command line or a package manager, choose to install "wine" from the repositories. This can be done using "sudo apt-get install wine". I would also install winetricks if it isn't also installed with Wine. After you install, the associations between Windows .exe files and Wine should already be set up.

You will need the _Windows_ version of Java. Download the 32-bit JDK from Java's website. Run the installer _through_ Wine. After installation, simply running the Windows MBP launcher should bring up a slightly rudimentary-style launcher window, which should be able to download and install the files for you. The launched game may not have sound, this is fixed by reordering the preferred OpenAL libraries, which I don't have time to explain right now.

If anything is unclear or if it doesn't work don't hesitate to ask! :)
~PM

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.767 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.