nihahhat
Gerson
Mystery Man
Kostas
Beack
71blackbird

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18
20 Oct 2011 04:06 #2
Isn't the name taken?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
20 Oct 2011 04:10 #3
Well, you guys finally get to see a picture. I won't say anything about it, though (except for the name and the authors), because I would rather you guys guess. Yea, its finally here! The Multiplayer version of marble blast gold, under a name called Project Revolution.

@Higuy, you forgot Gerson and mystery man. >_>

Also, special thanks to Seizure22 and Techwarrior.

The picture you see:

Name: The Other Floor
Author: Higuy and Jeff

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 10
20 Oct 2011 04:41 #4
Yay, Jeff the leak master is in the project!!!

Information!!!!

• HiGuy
  • HiGuy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
20 Oct 2011 04:44 #5
Jeff: Sorry! Added them

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
20 Oct 2011 05:52 #6
If this is multiplayer, I suggest you just release the mod (multiplayer expansion) without being based on your levels. Instead, do it as a plug-in for say, MBG. Because nobody wants multiplayer limited to some possibly mediocre levels and textures. Then if you have some levels you specially designed, release them as customs with the mod (meaning the multiplayer functionality will extend to custom levels--if the levels have to be hosted on a central server, do that).

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
20 Oct 2011 21:04 #7
1st of all, pf, the textures may be changed, for all we know. This mod started out as mbg, modified to support a multiplayer. However, this WILL be a full mod, and there will be features as good as PQ. I guarentee there are at least 50% of all the levels we have so far will be instantly DC no questions asked. Besides, all this was to prove is to show that yea, we can code multiplayer, and make it official that we have not given it up, nor will we, especially all those files within a 6-month time frame or so. And why would we do that, hm, so pq can have it?

Your discouragement will only be taken as encouragement

Oh, and a heads up, after PR, I will be leaving the community, cause there would be no more use for the game after multiplayer, and by then, I will be hitting college probably (not to mention that MB will most likely be dead by then)
Besides, I have the torque game engine anyways

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
20 Oct 2011 21:32 #8
Pf: I am planning to release the source to the multiplayer game along with the mod. There are other things in there which will not be released, though. Also, we are not going for a boodle of levels, but for higher quality levels. Also, about the central server: I'm looking into that. So far, hosting the matches requires one to be port forwarded, but I'll look into alternate methods.

Code:

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
20 Oct 2011 21:40 #9
@Higuy, if there is any alternative methods, but when you come on, i wanna talk to you about a master server.

I'll look into it with ya over the weekend.

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
20 Oct 2011 22:14 #10
I'm thinking of a sort of 'user-created levels' tab which you can go into and play on those levels, with an upload level button?...

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
21 Oct 2011 00:36 #11
levels are sent from the server to the client when a client connects, so they dont even have to have the levels. *Correct me if i am wrong Higuy or seiz, but i think thats how it goes*

@don, i am the leader with higuy, lol

21 Oct 2011 03:01 #12
I agree with PF. I would rather you guys focus on finishing and fine-tuning multiplayer before even considering adding a whole mod onto it. Jeff, one of your staff, is telling us to believe in this mod, but he's the one who gave us an incomplete MBOpal, saying
Quote:I honestly dont care about it anymore. Beack, another of your staff, was the leader of MBFuture, which fell apart and then also saw an incomplete release. Mato, yet another of your staff, was the leader of MBReal, a mod that is essentially dead. Therefore I am skeptical about Project Revolution's chances for success as a mod. Multiplayer is a smaller and more realistic goal, so I would rather that be your objective.

Just my 2 US cents. I'm not trying to attack, demean, or put down anyone's past efforts. I think this is exciting and promising, and I hope it succeeds.

21 Oct 2011 03:42 #13
Oct 20, 2011, 2:04pm, jeff wrote:
Oh, and a heads up, after PR, I will be leaving the community, cause there would be no more use for the game after multiplayer, and by then, I will be hitting college probably

yep we appreciate you too

21 Oct 2011 06:40 #14
Yeah, this is pretty much the same team that tried and failed to make a half-dozen other mods. I can't tell what's different that will let this one succeed.

21 Oct 2011 13:10 #15
Mystery Man:

Jeff, isn't it possible to make a new version like the Staff suggests? I mean, it couldn't hurt to make two versions...

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • An Ordinary Marble Blaster
  • Thank you received: 70
21 Oct 2011 16:14 #16
Jeff and HiGuy, Pokko said he wants to join. He tell me on MSN. Sorry if I tell the secret in this post.
But actually who is the leader? Higuy or Jeff? Yeah. Good Luck

At least every 'noob' mod that started must have a staff member commented something critical, except 'Good Luck', it happened to MBAdventure

I'm just an ordinary marble blaster who like to create new and unusual things.

Creator of the Marble Blast GLC series
Check out and download my custom levels here .
Check out my original musics in this thread and in my soundcloud here .

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
21 Oct 2011 22:08 #17
@gerson, we are both the leaders.

22 Oct 2011 05:46 #18
I don't come on often anymore, but I just saw this, and I feel the need to express something.

This is NOT the same team that tried to make other mods and failed... in the case of MBE2 and MBO, straight-up leadership (or lack thereof) caused the deaths of the mods; Ian drew all attention away from MBO to MBE2, and because of Jeff's jack of interest and his battle of control with Greg, MBO died. Shortly afterwords, MBE2 died due to Ian's totalitarianistic leadership style.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
22 Oct 2011 07:34 #19
Well I do think Jeff and Higuy as leaders are more competent than a lot of others, however I had overlook some view points. Even though MP IS your target, I think you should make it even MORE of your center of interest, and not really worry almost at all about a full mod, just get it down to work. Good luck guys, I would really like to see MP done apart from MBO and MBU, would definitely be something I could enjoy, though it alone won't be the last thing in MB to do, as PQ shows an exceeding amount of promise.
All the best.

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
22 Oct 2011 18:56 #20
I talked to Jeff a little bit on MSN about this, but I'll post so Higuy can see my thoughts too. I was thinking even before this thread came up. Multiplayer is the most important thing, definitely. I think the focus should be on it. I don't want a lot of levels coming with the mod, just the very best multiplayer levels. Quality over quantity.

I think we have a very capable team with lots of potential. But, I think it would be better to put more emphasis on multiplayer, and less on the number of levels.

Just my 2 cents. Don't be mad at me, I'm just voicing my opinion.

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
22 Oct 2011 21:28 #21
I agree, I would rather have 5 big MP levels that are extremely fun than 100 levels that are just 'I'm glad I've done this one so I know that it is boring'.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
22 Oct 2011 22:13 #22
my goal was to beat pq on the features side (which is just about impossible). However, I may have to modify that goal to the communities best interest. We have been delaying MP production for SP, but that may change quickly...

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
23 Oct 2011 04:59 #23
I'm also one for the Quality over Quantity idea. My belief is also that both MP and SP should be equal in respect to the levels and work put in. (Technically, all levels are both MP and SP at this point in time *spoiler* but this may be subject to change)

Also, more info on the image:
Level: The Other Floor by HiGuy and Jeff
Firey marble: HiGuy
MBG marble: Jeff

HiGuy

Code:

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
23 Oct 2011 05:20 #24
^_^ that, I am concuring with.

Quality is definitely > than quantity

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
23 Oct 2011 06:39 #25
To have MP = SP, then SP work should be done in greater amount than MP. I would also say to forget the SP part of the mod and concentrate on the MP.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
24 Oct 2011 23:59 #26
Oct 20, 2011, 8:01pm, marblefire wrote:I agree with PF. I would rather you guys focus on finishing and fine-tuning multiplayer before even considering adding a whole mod onto it. Jeff, one of your staff, is telling us to believe in this mod, but he's the one who gave us an incomplete MBOpal, saying
Quote:I honestly dont care about it anymore. Beack, another of your staff, was the leader of MBFuture, which fell apart and then also saw an incomplete release. Mato, yet another of your staff, was the leader of MBReal, a mod that is essentially dead. Therefore I am skeptical about Project Revolution's chances for success as a mod. Multiplayer is a smaller and more realistic goal, so I would rather that be your objective.

Just my 2 US cents. I'm not trying to attack, demean, or put down anyone's past efforts. I think this is exciting and promising, and I hope it succeeds.

See and thats why I say think before you speak.
It bites your butt later. Releasing MBOpal early cause everyone was excited for MBE2 which failed so bad it could of been finished.

PF saying mediocre or however the heck you spell it. Thats the worst type of constructive critisism I've seen. For God's sake, you could always say n00b levels, I mean it sounds nicer.

And then theres always first release pictures, where they've could of showed a better one, I agree. Its some picture of a platform with small platforms. Thats only 1/4th the level.

If you guys would see more, it would keep you interested.

Honestly. Marble Blast is starting to dramatize with noob mods. Leave it to the proffesionals. (PR and PQ)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
25 Oct 2011 00:28 #27
Mediocre is actually average, ordinary, medium quality, but can also mean low-grade or poor. n00b levels is even worse

Everyone else says the level pic above (and textures) were the opposite, and then go on to say that the staff in this mod aren't stellar based on previous mod experiences which weren't good. I'm impressed how you agree with everyone in your post above and then you go and contradict yourself by stating PR as professionals. Also, you forgot to mention MBFubar, that's pro mod right there mate.

Quote:See and thats why I say think before you speak. You should apply that to yourself with that post haha

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Rct3fan00
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
25 Oct 2011 04:12 #28
Message to everyone:

I say just you wait

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
28 Oct 2011 03:30 #29
@ RCT now thats the spirit man!

@matan, lol

• Marble_of_Randomness
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
28 Oct 2011 04:00 #30
Haha! Nice work, guys.
If I was still in the level making industry, I would still make super hard and fun speedrun levels like my QuArK level Gray..

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.073 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.