file Regarding 'Permission' for mods

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
01 Oct 2010 12:31 #1
YOU DO NOT NEED TO ASK FOR PERMISSION TO CREATE A MOD.

Truth is (and I don't know why people think otherwise), there's absolutely NO NEED to obtain permission from GarageGames to build a modification to Marble Blast Gold. You are always permitted to build one while you credit GarageGames as the original creators of the game (MBGold).

TWO CONDITIONS YOU MUST REMEMBER DURING THE MAKING OF YOUR MOD:

- You are NOT allowed to SELL or make profit from your mod. That means, your mod is given to the public FREE OF CHARGE.

- You are NOT allowed to release CORE files to the public when you ship your mod. These files are listed in MBP's After Installation Instructions as the ignition/non-ignition files.
Note that such file will undergo revision around the time PlatinumQuest will be out, and such revision will be the new standard for what is considered 'core' files. Anything listed there is considered 'Core'.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.808 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.