file Super Monkey Ball Mod [IN PROGRESS]

• supermarbleblaster
  • supermarbleblaster's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
02 Jan 2013 19:08 #1
Me and StewMan46 are making a mod about Super Monkey Ball.

Feel free to post questions and I'll answer them.

Find StewMan46 here: bit.ly/Wes2m3

Or here: bit.ly/VAJ3Yh

Or chat to him on MBP Online running 1.14.

See you soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
03 Jan 2013 23:07 #2
Just a heads up, marble blast silver i believe was an old mod by Trace. So erm..you're using the name of his old mod...

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
04 Jan 2013 01:23 #3
Jan 3, 2013, 3:07pm, jeff wrote:Just a heads up, marble blast silver i believe was an old mod by Trace. So erm..you're using the name of his old mod...

If the mod is dead and/or made very little progress, is he obligated to change the name anyways?

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
04 Jan 2013 05:03 #4
What happens if someone start a mod called MB_ that's exact the same name with and old mod that never have any progress and my mod looks promising?.

For me, stick with the actual name and continue it with the normal work, also names aren't a big part of a mb mod, just give a sort of ID to differentiate this mod with the current mods in production.

An exception to this is the mod self, if the mod started is called MB_ that exact the same name to several mods that were released (Revived, Opal, Future, Emerald, Platinum, etc.), that's totally different and there is necessary to change the name, due to the popularity of the mod and because it was released or sort of released (means incomplete release).

that's from my point of view and just an opinion only.

[Back on topic]
There is any preview of the actual product or just an idea

The weirdest signature that I ever requested

• Thank you received: 20
05 Jan 2013 03:46 #5
Yeah, I agree with Beack. Also, there's a ton of dead mods lying around, and if their names can't be reused, newer mods will half to resort to dumb names. There's only so many good mod names out there. If a new mod (that's actually good) comes up and can't come up with an idea for a name, it'll have to settle for something stupid as it's name

06 Jan 2013 04:47 #6
After going on their forums, it appears they have already made a preview! You can view it here. Could someone check out the download and see if it's legit?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
06 Jan 2013 04:58 #7
If you checked the NEXT post by stewman you'd see he just copied G3orge's mini mod.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 57
06 Jan 2013 08:48 #8
Somehow an even worse mod than the original MBS.

He also distributed game files (illegal)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
06 Jan 2013 10:37 #9
Removed link to mod download because well it's a copy of g3orge's or is completely based on it, and also distributes full mbg, which is illegal.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

07 Jan 2013 00:21 #10
Does that means someone got MBG illegally? Or did you take it off as soon as he posted it.

07 Jan 2013 05:04 #11
I suppose that's possible, but it was taken down pretty quick. Hopefully people know better.

07 Jan 2013 07:23 #12
Jan 6, 2013, 9:04pm, hagaroo wrote:I suppose that's possible, but it was taken down pretty quick. Hopefully people know better.

People can get the full version of MBG anywhere (torrents, etc). It's distributing it on this site which is legitimate which is they problem.

• Thank you received: 368
07 Jan 2013 08:27 #13
Jan 6, 2013, 11:23pm, conor wrote:
Jan 6, 2013, 9:04pm, hagaroo wrote:I suppose that's possible, but it was taken down pretty quick. Hopefully people know better.

People can get the full version of MBG anywhere (torrents, etc). It's distributing it on this site which is legitimate which is they problem.

Thanks to ProBoards ToS Section 20(A) [and Andrew for mentioning this earlier]:

Quote:20. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY

a) Compliance with Law

You represent and warrant that, when using the Website and Services, You will obey the law and respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Website and Services is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property generally. You agree not to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute any content, information or other materials in violation of any third-party's copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY VIOLATIONS OF ANY LAWS AND FOR ANY INFRINGEMENTS OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS CAUSED BY YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES. YOUR BEAR THE SOLE BURDEN OF PROVING THAT CONTENT, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS DO NOT VIOLATE ANY LAWS OR THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS.

Hence, we are required to remove any files or links to files that contain copyrighted material (unless, in the case of a Marble Blast Mod, the modification download does not include the executable and a handful of the core files).

~Aayrl

09 Jan 2013 02:40 #14
I may be a little off topic, and stupid, but what is an example of core files?

09 Jan 2013 03:02 #15
Core files are like .dll files. I never knew that it had the full MBG. Hence why I was asking someone to check it out.

09 Jan 2013 03:03 #16
Jan 8, 2013, 6:40pm, stonemarble wrote:I may be a little off topic, and stupid, but what is an example of core files?

Marbleblast.exe, ignition files, demo.cs, couple of others. Basically anything that you need to copy over from MBG to install MBP.

10 Jan 2013 02:28 #17
Oh, thank you. And obviously the installer counts, right? But distributing that is just begging for a ban.

Oh, and could you be sued for that?

• Thank you received: 368
10 Jan 2013 18:02 #18
You personally would probably not get sued, nor would anyone on the forums. If anything, they would go after ProBoards for distributing the content, and ultimately the case would be dismissed since we would be notified with a cease and desist from the copyright holder shortly before ProBoards would take action and most likely just shut down the forums for not complying with their ToS.

Generally, large patents and copyright holders won't go after someone unless they have a fair following and a decent amount of cash that they could win in a lawsuit. They'll always climb up the ladder to see who has the most money (ProBoards).

~Aayrl

• supermarbleblaster
  • supermarbleblaster's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
15 Jan 2013 21:30 #19
Matan, thanks for removing StewMan46's link. Your awesome!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.906 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.