file Marble Blast STOP II ORIGINAL THREAD { NEW: Sub-Forum! }

• Jiquor
  • Jiquor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
15 Dec 2016 21:45 - 14 Jan 2018 13:32 #1
As you may have heard before, I released a really playable mod with bad texturing and poor graphic design named as Marble Blast STOP on marbleblast.com with helpful burdens from HiGuy in the process of releasing and creating the modification on March 2016.
Marble Blast STOP II will not be released for quite some time. (In the trailer video, it clearly states that the game could easily be released at the earliest month of December 2017.) There will be a teaser picture coming out later throughout the making of this modification, but at the current moment I will show you the Title Screen.
Warning: Spoiler!

Straight after that, I took a break for about a month from working on modifications and helping users on the site and elsewhere to obtain the game and find out how to use it. Straight away after about a month, I immediately got to work on the second modification. I began working with HiGuy and Whirligig again and we have come together to create the new and improved Marble Blast STOP II over time, and just today I have finished the creation of 100 beginner levels, all combined together with a dark storyline.

Here's some FAQ's that have been asked on me about Marble Blast STOP II. I will be sharing them here as well.
1 - How many levels are there?
answer: There will be well over 270 levels in this modification - the largest any modification has ever seen!
2 - What's the tutorial level situation for Marble Blast STOP II?
answer: Unlike other user modifications, Marble Blast STOP II takes a system that PlatinumQuest also used, but was planned before PQ's official release. When you press the "STOP" button to play the game, you will be taken to the first beginner level as normal. However, there is a separate folder for tutorial levels that is optional to play (except if you want all the OCTAGONs for a special prize you must play them and find them.) Therefore, with that said, there are six tutorial levels to help users who haven't played Marble Blast (and want to learn the new frictions and hazards) and for those who wish to review Marble Blast! YES! Tutorial Levels are completely optional - meaning you can't get STOP Times, Octagons or any special marbles.
3 - Is there a Controls tab in the options menu?
answer: Yes, there is. It looks really classic and pretty looking - I'm very proud of the design my team and I have done to the controls menu.
Last (4) - How many marbles are there in the game?
answer: There will be well over 75 marbles - some that you can unlock via the new currency system and some to find in Marble Blast STOP II's levels.

Here's the trailer video as shown below. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: Level count reduced from 500 to 382, which includes:
6 Tutorial
100 Beginner
75 Intermediate
50 Advanced
25 Expert
10 to 15 Ultimate (still WIP)

Along with this change, even when the game is supposed to be released, I will in the future when the mod releases make level packs to add on with Marble Blast STOP II, and I will also be open for level suggestions for the level packs. Level packs would be in a separate screen with a separate list containing different level packs. They are not to be connected with the story or the achievements hereof.

UPDATE #2: The UI and the skyboxes in the game are much more realistic than the texturing. I've decided to give the User Interface, the Marble, and a couple of other things a MAJOR overhaul. What's also going to change is pretty much all the textures. I'm going to make them as realistic as I possibly can get, but still keeping the "MBG" feel/theme to it. (kinda what MBP did to make their textures, but I won't COMPLETELY copy them.) Rosie and I are going to be working on all of the textures as the weeks fly by, and I've also been making level ordering changes along with moving unecessary levels into a Director's Cut section. (Levels that didn't make it into the game, but still can be played. They won't have OCTAGONs or Challenges.)

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2018 13:32 by Jiquor. Reason: Updated first time in 1 year
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, lxgenda, Nockess, Weather, Muffeyo, Fab?kIstv?n

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
15 Dec 2016 23:51 - 15 Dec 2016 23:52 #2
Interesting. I look forward to seeing its release. Quality over quantity, but seeing a mod with that many levels, especially if they are tied together with a story, would be pretty darn cool. When did you start making MBS2?

Jiquor wrote: GarageGames has gladly helped with this modification.

You mean indirectly by creating Marble Blast Gold, right?
Last edit: 15 Dec 2016 23:52 by Weather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fab?kIstv?n

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
15 Dec 2016 23:58 #3
Nice job on the trailer. A couple things to mention though.

First (and this isn't nearly as inportant), you have bad interior positioning which is shown on the left side of the screen from something like 0:31 to 0:34. You can see the flickering.

Alright, onto the more important thing to mention.
I don't feel like the trailer really shows much about the mod. In my opinion it's too much like a movie trailer. If that was what you were going for, then you did a pretty fair job. But I don't think Marble Blast and movie trailer styled videos go super well together. (Not trying to self promote.) Something like how I made the trailer for my mini mod or what the second PQ trailer looked like is what I generally think is a good fit for Marble Blast.

With all that said, nice work so far. Looking good!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiquor, Fab?kIstv?n

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
16 Dec 2016 00:01 #4

WinterWeather wrote: When did you start making MBS2?

Jiquor wrote: GarageGames has gladly helped with this modification.

You mean indirectly by creating Marble Blast Gold, right?

MBSTOP II was in the works on April 2016.
And indirectly - yes! I'm crediting them.

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
16 Dec 2016 00:03 #5

Frozi wrote: First (and this isn't nearly as inportant), you have bad interior positioning which is shown on the left side of the screen from something like 0:31 to 0:34. You can see the flickering.

With all that said, nice work so far. Looking good!

Thank you for your input - the positioning was fixed right away, but also because of the camera being far away from the interior itself caused it to flicker that way.

And yeah, I was heading more for movie trailer/teaser sense. There will be a livestream when the 100 Intermediate Levels are complete.

• Thank you received: 198
16 Dec 2016 01:05 - 16 Dec 2016 01:05 #6

How many levels are there?
answer: There will be well over 500 levels in this modification - the largest any modification has ever seen!

holy

lee is awesome
Last edit: 16 Dec 2016 01:05 by Lee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowbody, J@ckRB, Weather

• Nathan125
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
16 Dec 2016 01:42 #7
are you thinking about putting out a demo for the game?

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
16 Dec 2016 07:13 - 16 Dec 2016 07:14 #8
Excited to see what comes of this.

Do keep in mind though, if I had to choose between 100 great levels, or 500 just-okay levels, I'd pick the 100 great ones. If you can make 500 fantastic levels, that would be totally amazing. However, I'd plan for a bit more modest of a level goal -- PlatinumQuest by itself won't have too many more levels than MBP had, for instance, and that mod's taken about 8 years now. Build your level goal upwards -- perhaps start by aiming for 100, then 150, then if you still have good ideas, 200... etc. Mods generally aren't better nor worse for any given level count they have. It's all about quality.

Nathan125 wrote: are you thinking about putting out a demo for the game?

Considering he just announced it, I highly doubt it will be publicly available in any playable form for at least a few months.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
Last edit: 16 Dec 2016 07:14 by Three.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiquor, Nockess, Xedron

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
16 Dec 2016 18:13 #9

Threefolder wrote: Mods generally aren't better nor worse for any given level count they have. It's all about quality.

Although I'm trying to make a huge mod but also pay attention to quality unlike MBStop 1, I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with all the goals I've set in here. I don't want to give up hope - and yes, I prefer quantity AND quality together as a whole half and half.

• PacPlayer
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Game Dev. for MB1/MBUn
  • Thank you received: 13
16 Dec 2016 23:43 #10
I loved MBS 1, but I hated MBG and MBS using the same folder (MarbleBlast). Every time I lauched MBG, the MBG files would overwrite the MBS files! I started over all least 3 times. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to this mod!

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
16 Dec 2016 23:46 #11

PacPlayer wrote: I loved MBS 1, but I hated MBG and MBS using the same folder (MarbleBlast). Every time I lauched MBG, the MBG files would overwrite the MBS files!

I haven't played MBS yet, but I believe you're meant to make a copy of MBG (that is, the folder containing marbleblast.exe) and extract MBS into it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PacPlayer

• Thank you received: 91
17 Dec 2016 00:57 #12
From all of the MBStop videos I’ve seen, there are quite a few levels containing elements for which I can point to a preexisting custom level that uses the exact same idea. This is likely because, after 10+ years and 3500+ levels, it becomes increasingly difficult to come up with new challenges. Therefore it is impratical for one person to try to come up with five hundred more original levels in any reasonable amount of time without reusing ideas.

I believe that it would be helpful if you reread the replies in this thread and listened to the advice instead of calling it stupid. Additionally, replies that take a hostile and defensive tone like this one:

Jiquor wrote: For the people that hate the Tutorials, you usually find them in every game. Sometimes you're going to have to get over it -- if you really don't want to play the tutorial which I don't suggest because you won't find most of the story by NOT playing the tutorial then just move on to the Intermediate Levels).

While there is no Level Editor or Console; specifically you aren't permitted to view them. If you want to "modify my hard work for two years" and cheat, be my guest, but I don't recommend it. What point is there to the story with cheats?

Nothing.
Absolutely.
Nothing.

or which fail to acknowledge the point being made (you should listen to Threefolder when it comes to level building), like this one:

Jiquor wrote: Although I'm trying to make a huge mod but also pay attention to quality unlike MBStop 1, I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with all the goals I've set in here. I don't want to give up hope - and yes, I prefer quantity AND quality together as a whole half and half.

only serve to further discourage people from trying to give constructive feedback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, J@ckRB, Ralph, Derpky, Frostfire, MBOUltimate, lxgenda, NF, hPerks, Nockess, Xedron

• lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
  • Thank you received: 96
17 Dec 2016 01:02 #13
add a joj level and i'll be aroused

But seriously, Marble Blast Stop has been a very great mod, yet MBS 2 would be a very good sequel. Consisting over 500 levels, I'm sure that I'll like it! :D

"tl;dr joj" - legenda 2016

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
17 Dec 2016 04:42 #14

PacPlayer wrote: I loved MBS 1, but I hated MBG and MBS using the same folder (MarbleBlast). Every time I lauched MBG, the MBG files would overwrite the MBS files! I started over all least 3 times. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to this mod!

Glad you liked the first one - I thought it was pretty well done with the exception of a lot of MBP sounds and a whole bunch of texturing/graphic errors!

This next mod changes a lot of things up.

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
17 Dec 2016 04:48 - 17 Dec 2016 04:48 #15

snowbody wrote: From all of the MBStop videos I’ve seen, there are quite a few levels containing elements for which I can point to a preexisting custom level that uses the exact same idea. This is likely because, after 10+ years and 3500+ levels, it becomes increasingly difficult to come up with new challenges. Therefore it is impratical for one person to try to come up with five hundred more original levels in any reasonable amount of time without reusing ideas.

or which fail to acknowledge the point being made (you should listen to Threefolder when it comes to level building), like this one:
only serve to further discourage people from trying to give constructive feedback.

Although it does come to be difficult (and yes, I do have difficulty coming up with ideas but at the same time people seemed to enjoy the custom remakes I made on the first game), I still want to strive to create one of the biggest user mods (mbp/pq doesn't count) and so far we're making through with it successfully. Your post is not going to slow me down, no matter of how much the bully you really are to people including specifically to me, which you have been in the past... You're still okay though, but a lot of us have asked you to stop being rude to me in front of my face.

I somewhat agree with Threefolder's ideas regarding quality > quantity, but that's his point of view. My point of view in this mod is to be directly equal with it - fixing up texturing errors/other errors in the process of when this modification is released for what people will point out in the game when it releases.

I also will say that in another part of the FAQ, there's going to be a report forum for MBStop II on Marble Blast Forums for users to report to when they find a texturing error or a bug so Whirlgig/HiGuy/I/Rozi can fix the bugs.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to assume that it was you who lowered my karma.

Last edit: 17 Dec 2016 04:48 by Jiquor.

17 Dec 2016 04:48 #16
Sorry but, can you maybe consider lowering the level count? 500 is just too much for me :P maybe 300-400?

lee is awesome

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
17 Dec 2016 04:50 - 17 Dec 2016 06:00 #17

jojy wrote: add a joj level and i'll be aroused

But seriously, Marble Blast Stop has been a very great mod, yet MBS 2 would be a very good sequel. Consisting over 500 levels, I'm sure that I'll like it! :D

I will report on here that there's going to be hidden memes around the level - but for you, I'll create a joj level. Could you send me some ideas and some textures?

Glad you are hyped, and that all of you seem to be hyped (with snowbody excluded because he just seems to criticize and be rude to people...)

@snowbody I also remember reading everyone's posts on the thread I made about gameplay VS graphics, and I've used that to create a better and consistent strategy with the second game. - derpking made some really great points and I'm using some of the things he's said on his post on my thread to create a more excellent user mod that MBStop 1.

Quantity = Quality in my personal opinion, and in this modification I'm paying attention to it more than I ever have in my last modification or in my other small projects I've made in the past. I'm very focused on this modification and with your criticism and negativity you are only being rude and trying to slow us down which is unacceptable.

The way you sound to me seems like you think I don't have any potential for anything at all, and I can frankly say that you are a very rude person when it comes to saying I should give up now indirectly/directly. You always do this to people, and you still have began doing this to me.

RealLee_ChillLee wrote: Sorry but, can you maybe consider lowering the level count? 500 is just too much for me :P maybe 300-400?

It's gonna stick to 500, but you don't have to play everything. Besides, if 500+ is too much for you it shouldn't be - you've played a lot of marble blast levels in your life already. There's such a thing as breaks lol

Threefolder wrote: Excited to see what comes of this.

Do keep in mind though, if I had to choose between 100 great levels, or 500 just-okay levels, I'd pick the 100 great ones. If you can make 500 fantastic levels, that would be totally amazing. Mods generally aren't better nor worse for any given level count they have. It's all about quality.

Thank your for your kind opinions (unlike snowbody's).
But yeah, my view is quantity = quality. We have our different points of view, I guess.
Good to see you again! =) And I'm glad you are excited to see what comes of this... ;P

The entire community's job as a whole, after I release the modification, is to help me point out other texturing errors that have surfaced on the game. You can help with that when the game releases, too!

Last edit: 17 Dec 2016 06:00 by Kalle29. Reason: combining posts

17 Dec 2016 05:55 #18
ive only played about 300 lvls in my lifetime but okey

lee is awesome

• Thank you received: 91
17 Dec 2016 06:39 #19

Jiquor wrote: Your post is not going to slow me down, no matter of how much the bully you really are to people including specifically to me, which you have been in the past... You're still okay though, but a lot of us have asked you to stop being rude to me in front of my face.

Jiquor wrote: Glad you are hyped, and that all of you seem to be hyped (with snowbody excluded because he just seems to criticize and be rude to people...)

Jiquor wrote: I'm very focused on this modification and with your criticism and negativity you are only being rude and trying to slow us down which is unacceptable.

Jiquor wrote: Thank your for your kind opinions (unlike snowbody's).

Jiquor wrote: The way you sound to me seems like you think I don't have any potential for anything at all, and I can frankly say that you are a very rude person when it comes to saying I should give up now indirectly/directly. You always do this to people, and you still have began doing this to me.

I never said anything about your potential to do anything at all, I said I don’t think making a mod with 500 new levels is a good idea. I have seen a lot of mods fail over the years, many of them starting with an overly ambitious plan like yours. Therefore it is acceptable for me to voice these concerns and it is your choice to take them personally. It is also your responsibility to realize that once you post an idea like this here, there will be a variety of replies, some optimistic, some pessimistic; and as a content creator it would benefit you to handle negative feedback better. Instead of making antagonistic threads like this one , you could actually even learn something from their advice! But if you want to continue ignoring anyone who doesn’t respond in the way you want them to, be prepared to write something like this in the future:

Jiquor wrote: I don't get it. Why hate on my mod because of the texturing or whatever?

You're giving me good reasons to take my mod down, hope you're all happy
Two years wasted

The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Nockess, Xedron

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
17 Dec 2016 06:42 #20
ur very rude

Anyways, I will gladly listen to suggestions and level ideas, but I still want to create a huge modification. I won't let this die like the rest of the huge modifications. This is one of the few things in life that actually calms me down - since working on MBStop I my anger has decreased so much and I improve by working on MBSTOP II. Thank you for your support, everyone...

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
17 Dec 2016 06:48 - 17 Dec 2016 06:51 #21
So how about this: let's wait and see what happens. After all, getting annoyed at each other isn't going to help anyone, and who knows maybe Jiquor will create some good content. At least I'm looking forward to seeing the results, even if they're not all amazing.

One thing I would recommend (to Jiquor) is that you show people some of levels you make as you progress. Chances are they'll be more than happy to offer advice on places you can improve. Doesn't have to be everything, but you'd be surprised how much you can learn by just showing people and seeing how they react.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 17 Dec 2016 06:51 by HiGuy. Reason: Because I can't just make a post without giving advice
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiquor

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
17 Dec 2016 07:08 - 17 Dec 2016 07:15 #22

HiGuy wrote: One thing I would recommend (to Jiquor) is that you show people some of levels you make as you progress. Chances are they'll be more than happy to offer advice on places you can improve. Doesn't have to be everything, but you'd be surprised how much you can learn by just showing people and seeing how they react.

THANK YOU. HIGUY. YOU ARE SO VERY UNDERSTANDING. You will get +5 Karma points from me in the future.
To everyone here, there will be a livestream of the ENTIRE tutorial section and 50 of the beginner levels and 10 of the intermediate levels Levels when the Intermediates are done - stay tuned for the stream happening between February 2017.

EVERYONE, READ THIS IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT THE QUANTITY POINT BEHIND THIS MOD (looking at you snowbody -________-)

Last edit: 17 Dec 2016 07:15 by Jiquor.

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
17 Dec 2016 17:24 #23
500 lvls? Ambitious, to say the least. If you really want to commit to that, be my guest.

Now, even though I know you and Nobody have had issues in the past, both of you are a part of this community, and I honestly don't think you should consider his post as 'yet another' attempt to make you feel bad about yourself. If he wanted to do that he would have simply made a one word post.

If you choose not to ever look at a perspective that's different from your own, there's no way you will ever let yourself grow past that, which will in turn, make your perspective, always true.
By responding as defensively as you have, you are too blocking any progress in the role you see yourself in, and are so used to seeing yourself in.

Good luck with your mod!
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowbody, J@ckRB, Jiquor, Frostfire, NF, Nockess

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
28 Dec 2016 09:04 #24
It's been changed to 382 - I realize I don't know how many challenges I could come up for 100 expert AND 100 ultimate.

...ESPECIALLY the ultimate section.
50 Expert max
25 Ultimate max

28 Dec 2016 11:58 #25

lee is awesome
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, Nockess, Xedron

• eblu
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • (formerly eboyblue3)
  • Thank you received: 54
28 Dec 2016 20:45 #26
Well at least your goal is a little more realistic. I think 382 is a little more ambitious and I'd stick with 100 if I were you, but if you're up for the challenge (and have massive amounts of free time on your hands) then go for it.

IsraeliRD wrote: The...

come discord brah: eblu#8048
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, Xedron

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
18 Jan 2017 06:48 - 18 Jan 2017 06:49 #27
yeeeeeeeee after i make mbstop ii im done with modding anyways. gonna completely focus on always updating mbstop ii

Last edit: 18 Jan 2017 06:49 by Jiquor.

• Thank you received: 57
18 Jan 2017 09:03 #28
Good luck.

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
30 Mar 2017 03:39 #29
UPDATE #2: The UI and the skyboxes in the game are much more realistic than the texturing. I've decided to give the User Interface, the Marble, and a couple of other things a MAJOR overhaul. What's also going to change is pretty much all the textures. I'm going to make them as realistic as I possibly can get, but still keeping the "MBG" feel/theme to it. (kinda what MBP did to make their textures, but I won't COMPLETELY copy them.) Rosie and I are going to be working on all of the textures as the weeks fly by, and I've also been making level ordering changes along with moving unecessary levels into a Director's Cut section. (Levels that didn't make it into the game, but still can be played. They won't have OCTAGONs or Challenges.)

30 Mar 2017 11:47 #30
No pictures..?

lee is awesome

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.043 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.