hPerks replied the topic: Marble blast AWESOME (Formerly called Marble blast Greatest Hits)
Wow, this preview looks really enticing! As a veteran here, I've seen many mods flourish over the years, and I have a couple of quick comments and suggestions that may be useful. Feel free to take em or leave em; it's your mod after all.
- Marble Blast AWESOME is a great name. The all caps is flashy and unique, and it does a good job of distinguishing your mod from the inferior competitors with similarly grandiose names such as "Marble Blast Ultra", "Marble Blast Super", etc. Not only that, the name rolls off the tongue nicely, sticks in your memory, and really drives home the fact that this mod is gonna be goddamn awesome. And that's what you want your takeaway to be, right? Simple and effective.
- The new splash screen is sweet. The stretched textures really remind us of what early LE level building looked like, and that nostalgic feeling will really resonate with our older members. I also like the professional touch you added by including the name of your game studio at the bottom. (Are you hiring, by the way?)
- About your logo: while I admire the ingenuity of replacing the word "GOLD" with "AWESOME" in the MBG logo (why reinvent the wheel?), I feel like the plain red Arial font isn't flashy enough to really do your mod justice. Your logo needs to be a reflection of your product, and so the font should similarly reflect "AWESOME". I might suggest a cool, hip font like Comic Sans, and maybe experimenting with WordArt to liven up the colour and texture of it.
- One more suggestion. We all know everyone likes a good teaser, but be sure not to give away too much too soon, and leave no surprises left for when the release happens. Keep that in mind; you might want to hold back on any more significant updates like this one for a while, and let the excitement have time to settle.
Anyway though, seems like you know what you're doing; keep it up!
"it's funny how the super monkey ball game without monkeys is the one that attracts more furries" - eblu 2018
Watch my videos
- NEW: av'is levels: the movie!
Download my levels
- NEW: Specific Gravity
Listen to my music
- NEW: Memory Lane
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess, eblu