• NaCl586
  • NaCl586's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • An Ordinary Marble Blaster
More
23 Apr 2018 08:18 - 13 May 2018 11:18 #1 by NaCl586
NaCl586 created the topic: Marble Blast: Gerson's Level Compilation 3
Okay.. okay.. I guess everyone already know what I'm doing and making. I'll just announce it here.

An unforgettable nature adventure...

It's finally time for me to really express my art into this game, an art of nature. Realizing my musics into this unforgettable nature adventure...
And also, the rule is going to be a little different this time, as this game will be more beginner friendly (I hope); that's all that I can say right now.

GLC 3 Ravine Jumper video:

(No.. this is not Marble Blast GersonQuest or even Luncheon Kingdom; this is Steam Gardens)

I'm just an ordinary marble blaster who like to create new and unusual things.

Creator of Marble Blast GLC and Marble Blast GLC 2
Check out and download my custom levels here .
Check out my original musics in this thread and in my soundcloud here .
Last Edit: 13 May 2018 11:18 by NaCl586.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MikeSan
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • The This
More
23 Apr 2018 15:06 #2 by MikeSan
MikeSan replied the topic: Marble Blast: Gerson's Level Compilation 3
GLC1 and GLC2 were some of the coolest mods I've ever seen! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us this time! ;)

(obnoxious voice) I'M TOAD
The following user(s) said Thank You: NaCl586

• MBCollector672
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • yay for da pq
More
24 Apr 2018 01:19 #3 by MBCollector672
MBCollector672 replied the topic: Marble Blast: Gerson's Level Compilation 3
Ooh, really enjoyed GLC 1 and 2, really excited that a third is coming out!
unforgettable nature adventure? more like an unforgettable luncheon

wait i need a signature?

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
More
24 Apr 2018 14:55 #4 by Ralph
Ralph replied the topic: Marble Blast: Gerson's Level Compilation 3
GersonQuest? HAHAHAHA :lol:

Anyways, I'm just waiting for it!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.

On Twitter : @RalphiBoy27
Now on Instagram : ralphfrommb

Ralph's Improved PQ Sound Pack : marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mbdk-sounds/9663-ralph-s-improved-pq-sound-pack-now-out-for-download#142246

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
13 May 2018 11:01 #5 by NaCl586
NaCl586 replied the topic: Marble Blast: Gerson's Level Compilation 3
Updates:
  • Development of the game is still ongoing although college stuff slows the development quite significantly; everything will be sped up once my finals has been completed. Currently, 6 out of 10 levels have been completed (I know it's a very small mod with only 10 levels; however for GLC 3, I will do all of my best efforts for every individual levels (as most of the levels will have like a lot of moving platforms; in fact, that's the main gimmick of GLC 3).
  • As a general hint of how my efforts for each levels will be, each main levels are quite lengthy and will have a gold time of at least 1 minute (first level has gold time of around 1 minute, last level has a gold time of around 7 minutes; all respective to normal mode and it can be changed depends on how the testers do for each levels). Credits: Manic bounce
  • Because this mod will be quite different than GLC 1 and GLC 2, I've planned some other features that I require someone to help, expect my approach for help and I wish those people that I approach will be willing to help me.
  • Okay I'll reveal one rule change here: Lunatic mode is no longer available from the beginning of the game, and it is more like an extra challenge (as I've recieved so many negative comments towards it with exception of Marson). Also, I've commited NOT TO MAKE ANY TIGHTROPES for this game for any difficulty (exception is Extra).

Well, also my honest confession about this mod:
I admit that this mod could really be a ripoff of PQ and fubar; however, I consider MB games as an art and everyone has rights to express their own art. My own art is to create levels (including skybox too) based on the music (I created musics for this mod first before making the mod). I know I could have just make a custom level pack for PQ, but for me, that restricts me from wider expression of art since it's not fully my art which makes me feel that this is not purely my creation, but like my art under PQ (okay idk how do I explain this here). After all, I made this mod for the community to enjoy too and as since the first GLC I didn't take many credits, I'm assuming the community helped me to realize and bring my arts and imagination into reality (so thanks for that too :))

Finally, the main mood of GLC 3 is Depression (the main mood of GLC 1 was Sadness and the main mood of GLC 2 was Happiness). Fyi (if anyone care), I'm in quite a depression right now and I hope this mod can support depression in general (not sure what's the relation, but I hope it can).

With that, I'd like to welcome Rosie and Marson as the official GLC 3 testers :)
I wish your help can make this a good mod for the community.
~Gerson "NaCl586"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosie

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
20 May 2018 14:29 #6 by NaCl586
First trailer is here!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Regislian, Weather, CylinderKnot, CyberMedium

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
03 Jul 2018 13:24 - 03 Jul 2018 13:26 #7 by NaCl586
Moar update:

And after thinking for a while, I decided not to make Lunatic levels for the initial release. Therefore, there will be only three difficulties for the initial release. I might make the Lunatic version for future releases (as there might be some of this). The other reason why I decided not to make lunatic is that there will be a mode that if you do in Lunatic, I guess there will be nobody that is going to do or complete that (well, also if that mode can be realized.. I need coders, especially jeef or others).

I tried to make hard levels fun as well, and I aim to make hard levels as hard as expert levels in MBP.

If you're wondering the progress of the game, I still need to make easy and hard version for 4 more levels. It is not an easy and fast job as the levels are quite lengthy. Besides, I was sick and just recovered recently.

It's still a long way...
I need to finish this

Last Edit: 03 Jul 2018 13:26 by NaCl586.

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
07 Jul 2018 21:16 #8 by NaCl586
More update again..

I think I can give a proper reason why I decided not to make lunatic for GLC 3 initial release:

Rosie wrote:
It looks like a cool level but damn talk about chaotic.
I don’t think I’ve ever played a harder level in my life. That’s the first level I’ve never been able to speedrun, let alone beat.

Also, I made a new playmissiongui layout (which unforunately is still buggy, this is why I asked in the discord server to ask where I can ask question about this to help me), in which now you don't have to play through all of the levels to unlock level 10 in every difficulty; you just need to complete a level in any difficulty once to unlock the next level. Also, the numbers in the difficulty buttons indicates how difficult the level is (the higher it is, the easier the level), and currently that picture below showed the level with the highest difficulty number in the game (the hard 12) and that is the level that is reffered above. From this PMG design, you can probably guess that there is another game besides touhou that inspires GLC 3.

I think I worked on this too much that now I'm stressed with this.. Idk why for me this mod development very serious and I wanted this to look like what I wished to be..

Moderators: AayrlKalle29Regislian