Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

file MBG New World Records Topic

• Thank you received: 0
03 Mar 2012 00:08 #691

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Mar 2012 01:59 #692
Mar 1, 2012, 10:14am, imacmatician wrote:open it up in VLC Player (or any app supporting multiple audio tracks), and select audio tracks 2 and 3.

If you're on mac and only have quicktime, open the video and hit command-j (or window->show movie properties) and you can check the boxes for the sound tracks you want.

• Thank you received: 2
05 Mar 2012 00:37 #693
Mar 2, 2012, 5:59pm, riblet15 wrote:
Mar 1, 2012, 10:14am, imacmatician wrote:open it up in VLC Player (or any app supporting multiple audio tracks), and select audio tracks 2 and 3.

If you're on mac and only have quicktime, open the video and hit command-j (or window->show movie properties) and you can check the boxes for the sound tracks you want.

This feature is only on QuickTime Player 7, and it's also a Pro feature, which I suspect very few people have (I do not).

VLC and MPlayerX are two Mac video playback apps that have the ability to switch between audio tracks. Just check in the menu bar for the audio track toggle.

• Thank you received: 10
05 Mar 2012 00:47 #694

Download VLC.

• Thank you received: 15
05 Mar 2012 00:55 #695
I have VLC and was able to listen to both audio commentaries.

• Xelna
  • Xelna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 52
05 Mar 2012 00:59 #696
Mar 4, 2012, 4:55pm, andrewsears wrote:I have VLC and was able to listen to both audio commentaries.

How's our voices?

05 Mar 2012 01:53 #697
Mar 4, 2012, 4:47pm, helpme wrote:If you're on mac and only have quicktime, open the video and hit command-j (or window->show movie properties) and you can check the boxes for the sound tracks you want.

Download VLC.
yeah this, just trying to help anyone out who didn't/couldn't use VLC for some reason (which, for a time, was me)

Mar 4, 2012, 4:37pm, sporlo wrote:This feature is only on QuickTime Player 7, and it's also a Pro feature, which I suspect very few people have (I do not).

wow that's incredibly dumb. did they remove the functionality in newer versions? i remember fullscreen being a pro feature, that was the worst thing

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
05 Mar 2012 02:07 #698
Riblet: nope, this is still Pro only. Which is another reason to hate quicktime

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

26 Feb 2013 02:47 #699
Jump Jump Jump: 2.376 (.rec + vid)
Fork in the Road: 3.829 (.rec + vid)

• Xelna
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
26 Feb 2013 02:50 #700
Feb 25, 2013, 6:47pm, moshe wrote:Jump Jump Jump: 2.376 (.rec + vid)
Fork in the Road: 3.829 (.rec + vid)

Returned in style, M. Moshe Congrats!

Also, if you want to help with MBP WRR#2, you're invited

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
26 Feb 2013 02:53 #701
Also if someone on Mac can record those for me, this will be welcome. I got the .rec files so PM me.

The .rec files SYNC on windows so I managed to record the runs myself!! Fork I presumed would be fine (and it was) but Jump Jump Jump? holy that's a first!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

26 Feb 2013 05:26 #702
Free Fall: 6.631 (no record), 6.638 (.rec + vid)
Free Fall: 6.630 (.rec)

23 Apr 2013 08:05 #703
Feb 25, 2013, 6:47pm, moshe wrote:Fork in the Road: 3.829 (.rec + vid)
Damn. This is just like the day that Andrew Patterson beat my WR on Time Trial of 2.250 by .001.

6 and a half years later, and my clock fails me again! I thought we all agreed that the 3rd decimal means nothing anyway, right?

Nice job man. Seriously, I was sure I could push a few thousandths lower (after I realized I had gotten .830, I wanted that .829 so bad), but that level is tedious AF (I gave up pretty soon after). Honestly, I think it's worse than TT.
Dare you to beat my Slip 'n Slide time. I used a non-manual start, so I honestly think a manual start could improve the level. How many WRs even use automatic starts? Does anyone want to count?

• Thank you received: 14
23 Apr 2013 10:05 #704
Besides Slip 'n Slide, we have Great Divide Revisited (the start is an easy way to get a good edge hit) and [MBP DC] Learning the Anti-Recoil (the start is very very close to the ideal start). There were also some former WRs that used automatic starts (such as Points of the Compass and A-Maze-Ing).

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Xelna
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
23 Apr 2013 14:36 #705
I totally forgot about this topic and how super outdated the MBG WR list is (Feb. 2011)

Only post your times that are in top 3 according to the list on 1st post of 1st page.

If you remember someone who has a top 1-3 time with proof, let me know as well.

LIST UPDATED AS OF APRIL 23rd 2013. SEE 1st POST OF THE THREAD.

23 Apr 2013 18:45 #706
Apr 23, 2013, 7:36am, xelna wrote:Only post your times that are in top 3 according to the list on 1st post of 1st page.I have some.

Collect the Gems (8.80) (3rd) —

Gyrocopter (2.78) (1st) —

Tornado Bowl (1.50) (2nd) —

Platform Party (10.88) (3rd) —
(isn't my best time but I lost my spreadsheet of times last year)
Ramps Reloaded (14.27) (3rd) —

I also have Tornado Alley (2.72) (2nd) but that doesn't count since the start pads are different.

Also:
awengrocks: Gauntlet (8.98) (2nd) —

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Xelna
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
23 Apr 2013 22:18 #707
awengrocks = iPwnU right?

24 Apr 2013 02:16 #708
Trevor Davidson claims to have 4.73 on Slip 'n Slide. I will point him to the forums/this thread. He posted a video of Gravity Helix as well. Hopefully he knows about .recs...
www.youtube.com/comment?lc=6NYxTWFt4OjKG...qHmP8r5Bs6vr5IRsinqQ

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
24 Apr 2013 02:43 #709
He also tied the WR in Gravity Helix, and in his video he said that he is on the World Record book. I can't get that time, but he makes it so easy.

The video I'm talking about:

EDIT: I didn't put my 2.41 in Learning to Roll on .rec...

EDIT 2: Bumper Training - 2.45 .rec

A few fails will be seen before the actual run.

Not a WR.

24 Apr 2013 03:37 #710
There is no world record book for MBG (that I know of).

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
24 Apr 2013 03:41 #711
That kid is not to be believed. I've been deleting dozens of his youtube comments from my videos. He keeps saying stuff like 7.63 tightropes' among others and even said once in his comments he drops marble or uses level editor.

For MBG WRs you must submit .rec proof, as video is not sufficient.

• Thank you received: 156
24 Apr 2013 04:07 #712
Only record that I have that comes to mind is Gravity Helix (5.14s). I have it on .rec if you need proof.

• Xelna
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
24 Apr 2013 04:22 #713
Trevor Davidson doesn't have a video of Gravity Helix... He has a video of the level's screen. And that proves nothing at all.

I just got 5.82 Hoops but my camera died halfway through the run. Fortunately, I have a good memory and I can tell you how it happened. I went REALLY fast I did a traplaunch, but it's really hard but you have to believe me, I'm all real! I can take a screenshot of the level screen for proof per request only! But, I'm real yo!

24 Apr 2013 04:31 #714
Apr 23, 2013, 8:41pm, admin wrote:That kid is not to be believed. I've been deleting dozens of his youtube comments from my videos. He keeps saying stuff like 7.63 tightropes' among others and even said once in his comments he drops marble or uses level editor.

For MBG WRs you must submit .rec proof, as video is not sufficient.

I assumed good faith until I actually watched his video (before I just saw that it existed and ignored it). As soon as I heard his voice I knew something went horribly wrong...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
24 Apr 2013 04:32 #715
^ that pretty much. also 5.14 platform training among others that he posted. honestly dont know why someone would believe these kids without a shard of proof

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
24 Apr 2013 04:46 #716
When did he claimed to have 5.14 in Platform Training?

• Xelna
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
24 Apr 2013 05:17 #717
Apr 23, 2013, 9:46pm, blastedmarble wrote:When did he claimed to have 5.14 in Platform Training?

He posted it among many other random times on YouTube.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
24 Apr 2013 11:56 #718
Like I said I just outright delete those YouTube comments among others that surface. Anything non-video related (like whats the song) and stuff... likely you had comments deleted too.

Super late edit:

Another one just popped up:
I BEAT YOUR STEPPING STONES TIME!! - on WRR 2 Adv. levels video. Needless to say I deleted it. He keeps commenting on the OLD videos saying i beat the time and outright ignoring the actual WRs, which btw he sometimes does post on to say he beat them.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
27 Apr 2013 04:04 #719
Leap of Faith (6.95)

Unfortunately, this is not on .rec and its going to take a while to hit it.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Apr 2013 15:52 #720
Apr 24, 2013, 4:56am, admin wrote:Like I said I just outright delete those YouTube comments among others that surface. Anything non-video related (like whats the song) and stuff... likely you had comments deleted too.

Super late edit:

Another one just popped up:
I BEAT YOUR STEPPING STONES TIME!! - on WRR 2 Adv. levels video. Needless to say I deleted it. He keeps commenting on the OLD videos saying i beat the time and outright ignoring the actual WRs, which btw he sometimes does post on to say he beat them.

This guy deserves his own thread.

I deleted the comment btw.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.194 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.