SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Mine Crash and Moving Platforms

• Beack
  • Beack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
  • Thank you received: 0
15 Nov 2012 04:38 - 14 Sep 2014 15:50 #1
Well this is the case:

every time I do the interior test for a level in MBG every time I touch a land mine the game crash, also even if I add the land mines manually in the Level Editor it crashes too.

A bit more explained.

-I create any map in Toeque Constructor and before finishing it, I add the land mines in the map and save it.

-I convert it with map2dif and do the interior test

-Then I accidentally touched a mine and the game crashed saying marbleblast.exe stopped working

Note:
It's only happens in MBG and when I add itmes in Constructor, adding the item manually avoid the problem, but it's too annoying locate the land mines.

The weirdest signature that I ever requested
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 15:50 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
04 Jan 2013 01:39 #2
ew, stupidly late response.

Anyhow, it could be the mines aren't being added properly by constructor (which has a tendency to mess up). However the game has this habit of crashing randomly in a level with mines/nukes but not on other levels. In such cases there's nothing you can do but copy the mission file data into a new file and delete the mission file you got that crashes marble blast; likewise adding them manually or via the .mis is the next-best solution as well.

Its practically nothing we can do about it except workarounds.

Editing MPs in the .mis require you to change their baseposition/baserotation for changes to take effect. Likewise you need to check the .mis for any possible errors done due to editing (marble blast loves doing that).

MPs do not require a separate map, you can do it with the other parts and then in the interior test they'll show up with the maps in question. However it would be best to do a map with only the MPs (if you split up a ton) but remember to leave a normal poly with them or else MB crashes.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
09 Jan 2013 05:28 #3
eew, late reply

With the mines problem, I tested copying/pasting the mission and works most of the times, stills crash ocassionally (very ocassionally) thanks for the tip.

*don't lock it yet*

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
03 Apr 2013 04:52 #4
Eeeewww, can I lock?

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
09 Apr 2013 20:00 #5
Yes

The Eeewww thing was hilarous XP

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.823 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.