SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [CLOSED] Restore Copy of MBG

• Enigma
  • Enigma's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 17
12 Oct 2013 05:24 - 14 Sep 2014 15:48 #1
Hello. I would simply like to know how to restore my copy of MBG? Like erase all data, and stuff. I kinda screwed it up, so. :P (I have all the backup files on a flash drive, so I really won't care about stuff).

I have a Macintosh, Snow Leopard 10.6.8. My copy of MBG was from my old iBook G4. Also the game's version is 1.5.2.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 15:48 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • Ticket2Ride
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 5
12 Oct 2013 12:15 #2
Kinda hard to tell what files you were referring to that you backed up... (the original version of MBG or the edited version?)

If you backed up the original version of MBG before any modifications/additions...

Whatever you screwed up, you can restore it by copying the corresponding back up file/folder. For example, if you've screwed up init.cs, then replace it with the backup init.cs that you have.

If you backed up your modifications such as downloaded custom levels...

Reinstall MBG. If you've lost the installer, you have to buy the game again from Macgamestore OR illegally download it from other websites for free (NOT RECOMMENDED).
  • Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
12 Oct 2013 13:07 #3
That's fairly likely to be bugged and such (they are non-ignition), I'd recommend finding your login credentials if you got it from Garagegames (No installer in download, just the game, as normal), or from whatever site you got it. Can you not redownload it from the MGS?

You screwed up your MBG. How? Is the screen white or something? Drag out the MarbleBlast folder in the Library to the desktop, and reopen it. Files in the Marbleblast folder override files in the game, so check that first. (It stores your times, though). You didn't screw it up with those fonts, did you?

If you really want to reset (I wouldn't, but it's your preference!), then remove the MarbleBlast folder, remove your MBG copy (or just don't use it), and then restore your MarbleBlast Gold app and your old MarbleBlast folder, if you have one. (Else, it will recreate with default settings.). That is how you reset. Oh, and if it's not initialized, you may have to enter your code again.

Also I do believe you can't mention those at all, T2R. I'd edit that out. I believe a staff member might be able to resupply you with a copy.
  • Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
12 Oct 2013 18:16 #4
I just want to restore all level data, and a problem in the game.cs file (the one that is used in the end game GUI with the You beat the GOLD time stuff) that the game reads, which I edited. The game still reads it, even though it's not in the application's folder.

Oct 12, 2013, 6:07am, Promarbler bananas wrote:That's fairly likely to be bugged and such (they are non-ignition), I'd recommend finding your login credentials if you got it from garageGames (No installer in download, just the game, as normal), or from whatever site you got it. Can you not redownload it from the MGS?
I can't, because I had the pre-installed version on my iBook G4. I don't have it (the laptop) anymore, now I have a MacBook Pro.
  • Ticket2Ride
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 5
12 Oct 2013 20:12 #5
In that case, check your Library. Many MBG/MBP stuff are there.
  • Thank you received: 123
13 Oct 2013 00:07 #6
Oct 12, 2013, 6:07am, Promarbler bananas wrote:Drag out the MarbleBlast folder in the Library to the desktop, and reopen it. Files in the Marbleblast folder override files in the game, so check that first.

As I said...

Locate the Library folder. It should be in your home directory, your [username] folder. The folder is not hidden in 10.6. Then open the Library folder and locate the MarbleBlast folder in it. Drag the MarbleBlast folder out of the Library folder. Then remove the common folder, and ALL dso's contained in the marble folder, and in any other folders within it. Move the MarbleBlast folder BACK into the Library folder, and launch the game. As long as there are no bad files in the application, the game should work fine.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.773 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.