SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [CLOSED] Clean Reinstall?

• Don.Gato
  • Don.Gato's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 10
03 Dec 2013 11:37 - 14 Sep 2014 15:53 #1
I have been trying to do a clean reinstall of MBG, but I am unable to. No matter what I try, when the game opens I am not prompted for my license code, and the game has the second beginner level unlocked (with 2 times on Learn to Roll, always the same 2 on reinstall even if I beat them before deleting). I have deleted the MarbleBlast folder in Library so many times now.... Uninstalled every copy of every marble blast game on my computer (well except for the windows version of MBP running through WINE). There almost seems to be some phantom prefs.cs running around somewhere, and it's driving me crazy. I also think it might be screwing up MBPU, which won't work on my computer.

Anyone have an idea?

Mac OS 10.9.0 (Though I had the same issue on 10.6.8, just kinda ignored it)
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 15:53 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • Don.Gato
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
03 Dec 2013 11:47 #2
MBG comes with the first level beat, by default. Want to see? Goto MBG/marble/client/ and open prefs.cs. Scroll down until after line 20. Note the times that follow.

Also note that the MarbleBlast folder inherits some the files it needs from MBG. If you want to modify your game, you can delete those lines and the highscore line from the file so that it looks as it hasn't been played. Oh, and you might want to delete the DSO and replace it with the one in your Library, after you make the prefs change.

As for the license thing, I've had the entire hard drive reformatted and reinstalled, and so I suspect the ignition may be the game modifying itself. It's not likely, but conceivably possible. I'll see into it.
  • Don.Gato
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
03 Dec 2013 11:58 #3
Wait what the hell? I just tried it on another computer, same thing, times of 6.39 and 8.78 on Learning to Roll.

I could swear it didn't used to do that on clean install....

And what about the license code, I used to have to enter that on first run...

So confused right now.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.773 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.