SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Dif Textures Not Working

• elnathan
  • elnathan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 16
05 Oct 2013 03:38 - 14 Sep 2014 15:19 #1
Hello, i've been trying for a while to get a map working here. I'm on a mac. I use MBMap2Dif. I open MBMap2Dif, and make a dif out of my .map. The .map is in a folder on my desktop. I put this in the marble blast interiors folder, but when i place it in game, all the textures are the white colour it uses to show, missing texture. I have also tried placing the .map in the interiors folder before converting, but the textures still won't show up. Thanks!

(sorry those that read this early i've forgotten to add like 3 details all fixed now i think)

i have a flickr
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 15:19 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 17
05 Oct 2013 05:09 #2
Hello elnathan. Did you put the textures you used in marble/data/interiors?
  • elnathan
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
05 Oct 2013 06:30 #3
Since he's on a Mac, we assume he uses v1.20, so it would be platinum/data/interiors/. But textures are not built into the dif files, so you need to put them in the interiors directory, as suggested. You only have to make sure that the ones you used are present in the interiors folder.

i have a flickr
  • elnathan
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
05 Oct 2013 15:20 #4
The texture are in the interiors folder. I opened the .dif file with text edit and then I opened an interior I know works to compare them.

I looked through the working one, and I saw an NULL TRIGGER thingy, and (important ->) then the texture name.

In my interior, it was missing the texture names.

In a more complex interior with multiple textures, such as dadealus1, I found this:

i have a flickr
  • elnathan
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
05 Oct 2013 15:28 #5
The texture are in the interiors folder. I opened the .dif file with text edit and then I opened an interior I know works to compare them.
I looked through the working one, and I saw an NULL TRIGGER thingy, and (important ->) then the texture name.
In my interior, it was missing the texture names.
In a more complex interior with multiple textures, such as dadealus1, I found this:
ADNULLORIGINTRIGGER
FORCEFIELD
pattern_cool2
grid_cool2edge_white2
edge_white
trim_warm2stripe_caution
grid_nuetral3

I think my interior is missing the textures in the code

i have a flickr
  • Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
05 Oct 2013 18:27 #6
I don't remember exactly how the Mac converter works but try making sure the textures are in the same folder as the map file and the converter app. If the .map file stores the texture names with a folder prefix, e.g. Platinum/mbu_edge_white2 then, for example, you might need to put all the textures used in a sub folder named Platinum of the main directory with the map and map2dif.
  • elnathan
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
06 Oct 2013 17:59 #7
thanks for the support, i'll keep trying. nothing seems to have worked yet...

i have a flickr
  • Thank you received: 17
06 Oct 2013 20:48 #8
Oct 6, 2013, 10:59am, elnathan wrote:thanks for the support, i'll keep trying. nothing seems to have worked yet...
Try sending the file to PF. Maybe he'll be able to find out what's wrong. Also, don't forget to mention whether you use textures apart from MBG's and MBP's (and MBO, if you used to play it).
  • elnathan
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
06 Oct 2013 21:01 #9
i am only using mbp textures, which are stored in: applications/marbleblast platinum.app/platinum/data/interiors
download link:
www.mediafire.com/?8r8eep3m1948323

i have a flickr
  • Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
06 Oct 2013 21:28 #10
I'm getting a vislink cannot be coplanar with node error. Cool looking level by the way. Try splitting the level into two maps with some curves in each. I use the original map2dif, not the modified map2dif+ so it might convert the level with that (possibly with graphics glitches from the geometry).

Try removing the texture album names in the map file using find & replace so the textures names are like mbu_edge_white2 instead of like marbleblastplatinum/mbu_edge_white2. If you have the textures literally in any directory of the app besides a subfolder within interiors/ they should show up in-game.
  • elnathan
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
06 Oct 2013 22:00 #11
aahhh this should fix it.

[edit] it doesn't :c. if i use diffix, do you know what kind of dif should i export it to?

i have a flickr
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
07 Oct 2013 00:58 #12
I heard vislink error.
QuArK can fix those pretty easily.

Thankfully I didn't need to go to that step. I converted your map just fine using M2D+ and I suspect that there are differences between Win/Mac for it if I had no problems/errors.

www.dropbox.com/s/ha791x379su0m1a/avilevel6comp.dif

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • elnathan
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
07 Oct 2013 02:22 #13
thank you IRD! i've also tried with perishingflames crossover tutorial, but i have a 10.5.8 mac laptop so it seems i will have to borrow a friends or something. thanks to you all!

i have a flickr
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.779 seconds