SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [CLOSED] Dom Casual is Gone

• Enigma
  • Enigma's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 17
05 Oct 2013 17:19 - 14 Sep 2014 15:53 #1
This is for MBG, not for MBA.
Okay, so I installed MBA. It turns out it wiped out all of MBG's memory (I even followed the instructions this time). It wiped out my times, and the Dom Casual font for insert name thing when you get a best time. (See second image) When I opened the console, I typed in the code for Jeff's marble skin selector. And to my surprise, it said Dom Casual does not exist on my computer. (See first image)

Notes:
Mac OS X 10.6.8
MBG Version 1.5.2. (gah)
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 15:53 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
05 Oct 2013 19:01 #2
Okay.

The error occurs because it can't retrieve the font from the system, because it doesn't exist on the machine. When MarbleBlast launches, it retrieve fonts from the system that it needs, and it stores it a a cache. MarbleBlast has its own store from when it was downloaded, inside the application, under common/ui/cache/, and with the extension .gft. For what it lacks, it retrieves from the system, and puts those fonts in the game's modifiable space, in ~/Library/MarbleBlast, at common/ui/cache as before. (The user's personal library folder, where all your prefs are stored.) When you wiped your personal game data, it likely took those fonts with it (assuming it ever had them). So it falls back on a backup font, which is available, and uses that instead.

Now, one can easily fix that issue by giving MarbleBlast what it wants, which is the font. MarbleBlast will happily use any needed font from its cache, if it has it. To do so, you need to copy the font DomCasualD_36.gft to the common/ui/cache/ folder, in either the game or the library. Adding it to the application itself will ensure that it doesn't disappear, but adding it to the library's cache will make it used by all MarbleBlast applications. If you have 1.20, the font actually exists, in the folder platinum/core/ui/cache/ inside the application, as before. Copy it over and it will work.

Now, something I should note is that in my version of MarbleBlast, I have 1.5.3 as stated in version.cs, and even without that font in my MarbleBlast Gold application's cache, it works. What I do have is DomCasualD_32.gft, which I can only assume to be the font used in the high score list, as shown below the dialog box. For me, the high score list and the text box text, in my version, both use size 32 and are exactly alike, and so it doesn't need size 36 of the font from the system.

If you can't find it, I'll send a PM with a link to the file. Copy to the location as stated above, and it will work as expected.
  • Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
05 Oct 2013 22:01 #3
Would it work if I extracted the file from MBP and put it in MBG?
  • Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
05 Oct 2013 23:37 #4
Yes, it's the same font, just copy DomCasualD_36.gft, located in [MBP]/platinum/core/ui/cache/, and paste it in common/ui/cache/, in your MBG game. No haxing necessary.
  • Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
11 Oct 2013 22:19 #5
Sorry for the late reply. The 36 works, but not in the enter name thing.
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
11 Oct 2013 22:35 #6
Did you restart the game? Also try copying the rest of the fonts to see if it helps (not the dso's!).
  • Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
11 Oct 2013 22:57 #7
Yeah, I was going to post this a few days back. The font for the enter name isn't 36, apparently.
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
24 Nov 2013 07:00 #8
The only .gft files I have are 24, 32, and 36, and those seem to be sufficient.
  • Thank you received: 123
24 Nov 2013 16:14 #9
I was assuming it was because he has version 1.5.2 as opposed to 1.5.3/1.6. I don't have DC_36 (but I do have a bunch of others), yet for me, it works fine.
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
25 Nov 2013 02:40 #10
Open up marble/client/ui/defaultGameProfiles.cs. It's in GuiBigTextEditProfile.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.974 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.