SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

exclamation-circle [RESOLVED] Can't post pictures in my level building topic

• Ultra
  • Ultra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 22
19 Mar 2014 23:42 - 03 Dec 2015 12:49 #1
When I started my level building topic, I managed to post pictures of a level in progress without any issues. The pictures were in .jpg format and hosted on imgur.com. However, now that I try to make a second post inside that topic with new pictures of further progress (the pictures are still in .jpg format and hosted on imgur.com), my reply does not get posted and the forums give me the following error message: "WARNING! A post containing harmful content or spam has been detected. The website administration has been automatically alerted."

Since I managed to post pictures the first time without any issues, I assume this must be a bug with the forums, as imgur.com is not a malicious website and I've scanned the pictures on my hard drive with both avast! and Malwarebytes without any malware being found by either of them.
Last edit: 03 Dec 2015 12:49 by Aayrl.
  • Thank you received: 123
20 Mar 2014 00:34 - 20 Mar 2014 00:35 #2
Have you tried uploading them as an attachment? You should be able to upload it using the forum attach feature. Using it means you probably wont be able to move your picture elsewhere, as it would be at the end if your post.

How exactly are you currently trying to post your pictures? You're using [/IMG] tags, right?

Final thought could be that it's just your lack of posts, and the forum safety is just being paranoid. Since you have 10 posts, try posting again. 10 seems like a nice requirement for those type of things.

Just some ideas. :)
Last edit: 20 Mar 2014 00:35 by ProMarbler. Reason: stupid bbcode
  • Ultra
  • Ultra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 22
20 Mar 2014 00:51 #3
Thanks for the reply. As you suggested, now that I have 10 posts, I've tried to post my pictures again (and by the way, yes, I am using [/img] tags), but I ran into the exact same error. I know I could circumvent the problem by posting the pictures as attachments, however, they come out too small for my liking when I proceed to insert the attached pictures into my post. As I've mentioned before, the forum did not issue any kind of error when I first posted pictures about a week ago, so it is definitely strange that it is doing this now.
  • Thank you received: 25
20 Mar 2014 02:05 #4
The same thing has been happening for me, and it's definitely not post count related-this is my 699th post. I'm assuming the forum is just doing this to relieve lag on the server.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
20 Mar 2014 02:36 #5
Let me poke aayrl because it's not just images, but *any* link.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Thank you received: 368
20 Mar 2014 12:40 - 20 Mar 2014 12:52 #6
Hey folks,

Update 1: It appears one of our anti-spam modules is incorrectly flagging posts with imgur links as spam, hence the warning messages some of you have been experiencing. I am currently tweaking our anti-spam module to correct this issue.

Users that are affected:
- UltraRobot
- elnathan
- acpascal
- RC
- blueteak
- Sporlo
- avi

Update 2: If you are one of the affected users listed above, please check the threads you attempted to post in to see if your post has been restored.

Update 3: I have 're-trained' our anti-spam algorithm, so hopefully it will stop flagging imgur and other image hosting site urls inside of image tags as 'spam'. Please alert either myself or IsraeliRD again in this thread if you experience similar issues in the future.

Thanks,
~Aayrl
Last edit: 20 Mar 2014 12:52 by Aayrl.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.019 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.