SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Do I Need The Gold Version Installed to Play Platinum

• AccountDeleted
  • AccountDeleted's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
07 Sep 2014 03:29 - 14 Sep 2014 16:44 #1
Hello, I am new to Marble Blast and have heard that it was really good game so I decided to try it out. I got confused if I should have downloaded Gold or Platinum so I searched up what each one was and found out that I had to install Gold first and then get platinum. However that was from an old topic and the instructions for it did not match the installation of Platinum.

I feel like with this version of Platinum I didn't have to install Gold first. Platinum created a new folder. So now I have both Gold and Platinum installed and I'm guessing I no longer need Gold. Is what I believe true? Am I safe to just uninstall Gold without affecting Platinum?

Sorry if this looks like a dumb question. It probably has been asked a million times but I'm very bad at searching. I tried finding a newer installation guide but couldn't find any.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 16:44 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 368
07 Sep 2014 15:01 - 07 Sep 2014 15:02 #2
Hi there Danielzxzx (sweet Minecraft avatar, btw).

You are correct in assuming Marble Blast Gold does not need to be installed separately from Marble Blast Platinum. Marble Blast Gold has been included in the most recent versions of Marble Blast Platinum, so you can simply download MBP through the Beta Launcher Client and play all of your favorite MBG, MBP, and MBU levels in one easy-to-use program. You can again safely uninstall Marble Blast Gold without affecting the Marble Blast Platinum client.

If you're brand new to Marble Blast, I recommend you check out This Thread , as it will provide you with the basic information required to successfully install MBP and play your first few levels (though it seems you may already be well acquainted with the game, it's still worth a read.)

Hope this quells your question, cheers!
~Aayrl
Last edit: 07 Sep 2014 15:02 by Aayrl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AccountDeleted
  • AccountDeleted
  • AccountDeleted's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
07 Sep 2014 17:12 #3
I have a few more questions.

I seem to be having trouble uninstalling Marble Blast Gold as the uninstaller says that the version of the file is not compatible with the version of windows I'm running. I'm guessing I'm going to have to uninstall the game manually. Besides the Marble Blast Gold folder in Program Files (x86), what other locations of files will I need to delete?

My other question has to do with having access to all the 490 levels the launcher says it has. I was able to find the MBG and the MBP levels but I don't know how to play the MBU and the Custom levels. I looked at the guide you sent me and it said that the MBU levels are in the online portion of the game. However the launcher says that it's part of the single player levels. How would I be able to play those levels? Also where in the game do I go to play 210 custom levels the launcher says it has. I just want to be able to experience the whole game.
  • Thank you received: 368
07 Sep 2014 20:34 #4
Hey Again Daniel,

As you've already expressed via in-game chat, the MBU and Custom levels are indeed exclusive to the online section. They are listed as 'singleplayer' levels since they may be played by a single client and additional users are not required in order to play these levels. They are restricted to the Online section of the game to help us keep the custom levels maintained and to keep the MBU portion of the game similar to its original design (in the sense it was only available through the online interface).

As for the MBG uninstall process, you should be able to safely remove the Marble Blast Gold directly and that should take care of the manual uninstall. There may be some extraneous log files in Your Documents, but I think for the most part all of the files will be in your Program Files / Marble Blast Gold directory, and simply deleting that directory should do the trick.

~Aayrl
The following user(s) said Thank You: AccountDeleted
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.201 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.