SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Marble Blast Platinum Custom Levels

• Rozi
  • Rozi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Nov 2014 18:49 - 24 Nov 2014 11:12 #1
Alright, so I'm having the lack of understanding where to put downloaded MBP custom levels. When I go to the MBP section of the downloads here on the forums and download MBP 1.50, I get the game/launcher just fine without any problems, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be getting a folder called "platinum" like it said in the help section in-game. If there's a link you can give me or some extra guidance, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you staff for creating an awesome series of gmes and I hope Fubar will turn our amazing! :)
[hr]I can't find out where to put downloaded MBP custom levels. When I dowload MBP 1.50, it only gives me the launcher and nothing else (if that's what it's supossed to do). It doesn't give me anything like a platinum folder mentioned in the ingame 'Help' -> 'Adding Custom Levels' area. If I'm just missing some information, please tell me.

Edit by Pro Marbler: Approved, merged posts.
Last edit: 24 Nov 2014 11:12 by ProMarbler. Reason: Merged two topics.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 123
24 Nov 2014 11:20 - 24 Nov 2014 21:26 #2
I've yet to check myself, but usually when it refers to "platinum", it refers to the folder within the game itself. I do not know which operating system you are on, so...

To locate MBP on Windows, open C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Marble Blast Platinum .
To locate MBP on Mac, go to your home folder (with your documents folder and the like), open the Applications folder, and right-click on MBP-->Show package contents.

This should open the folder you are looking for. Hope this helps.

EDIT: To get to the same folder on Max OS X, press Command-Shift-G, and type into the box:
~/Applications/Marble Blast Platinum.app/platinum/data/
and click Go. That should also open the correct folder for levels. Place levels in the "missions" folder, interiors in the "interiors" folder.
Last edit: 24 Nov 2014 21:26 by ProMarbler. Reason: More info, less posts.
  • Thank you received: 368
24 Nov 2014 14:34 - 24 Nov 2014 14:35 #3
To be more specific, you need to navigate to the \platinum\data\missions directory to install custom levels in MBP 1.50. Please note they will only be playable in the offline singleplayer portion of the game.

On a Windows machine, you can open up an instance of Explorer and type in the navigation bar %APPDATA%\Marble Blast Platinum\platinum\data\missions to quickly jump to the folder of interest. Simply copy/paste/extract any custom mission files (.mis and their respective level images) into this directory. You then need to navigate to the Interiors folder %APPDATA%\Marble Blast Platinum\platinum\data\interiors and copy/paste/extract any custom interior files (.dif, .dts, etc) into this directory.

I'll suggest to HiGuy that we add a Custom Level importer to the launcher to make it easier for users to download and install custom levels without having to manually grab the files and fiddle around with the core client directory. The more I think about having that type of functionality the more I want to sit down and implement it.

Hope this helps,
~Aayrl
Last edit: 24 Nov 2014 14:35 by Aayrl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ProMarbler
  • Operating System
  • Operating System's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Nov 2014 19:06 - 26 Nov 2014 16:55 #4
I use a Mac that runs on windows, but I don't think that changes much.
[hr]<Yash! I found it! :)>
Alright. Apparently I found the MBP folder. I would expect it to be in Program Files where all my current and past Marble Blast stuff was instead of being in Users where I get to my Minecraft stuff. Thanks so much for the help!
Last edit: 26 Nov 2014 16:55 by ProMarbler. Reason: Merged posts.
26 Nov 2014 17:04 #5
Okay, you seemed to have solved your issue. But just because it isn't clear, could you explain your setup and where you found it with more detail? A Mac that runs on Windows means you are booting Windows on a Mac machine? Or are you using Wine? And finally, do you mean that you found MBP in the Users folder on Windows, am I correct?

One reason I ask is if anyone has the same issue, they can instead use this topic as a reference instead on making a new one.

~PM
  • Thank you received: 368
26 Nov 2014 22:20 #6
Oh, and just to confirm, HiGuy and I will be working on adding a Custom Level integrator on the next version of the Marble Blast Launcher.

~Aayrl
  • Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Nov 2014 20:09 #7
Alright. Let me see if this is more clear.
1st part: The actual computer I use is a Macintosh. Since a dual boot was installed to the computer, I can use Mac or Windows. (Yes I'm booting Windows on a Mac machine, no, I'm not using Wine).
2nd part: Here's how I found the MBP folder (plus custom levels and other stuff).
C: -> Users -> *username* -> AppData (I don't get the %s next to 'AppData') -> Roaming -> Marble Blast Platinum -> platinum -> data
That's where all my MBP stuff is (Yes, you are correct promarbler, I found MBP in the Users folder on Windows) It's probably a little different to people who use an actual Windows computer instead of just running Windows on a Macintosh with a dual boot.
Oh, and also...Is creating a forums account down? I can't seem to register as I always get a blank screen saying "Could not open socket" in the top left corner.

Thank you for your support! :) If you need anything else explained from me, I will be happy to do so!
27 Nov 2014 22:10 - 27 Nov 2014 22:12 #8
Thanks a lot!

The %APPDATA% term is actually a variable set by Windows that simply has the path to that particular file. You type it exactly like that. I believe that you can type in into the... "location" box at the top of a folder window, or press Winkey-R and type it there, that should also work.

Anyways, marking as resolved and locking. ;)
Last edit: 27 Nov 2014 22:12 by ProMarbler. Reason: Lock'd
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.052 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.