exclamation-circle PlatinumQuest 3rd Anniversary Event

• Yoshicraft224
  • Yoshicraft224's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
02 Jul 2020 23:42 - 02 Jul 2020 23:48 #1
It's been 3 years since PQ HERe! Come celebrate humanity's damnation to a universe where [Pablo level] exists by joining us on Sunday, July 5th, 2020 at 4pm EST! We'll be playing through PQ's levels in Co-op, including the bonus levels.

This time, however, I want to try something different. I plan on recording all of our times and scores so we can compare to future years! Gem Madness levels will count towards both score and time, and if incomplete, will add the max elapsed time. If we don't get all the way through for whatever reason, I'm just adding 99:59.999 for every incomplete level. As for Haste levels and any other levels we might not be able to complete just because of bugs or level design... Well... I don't know. Maybe they'll just be marked as incomplete with no time added.

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!
Last edit: 02 Jul 2020 23:48 by Yoshicraft224.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QwertyQwertz, CylinderKnot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• QwertyQwertz
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 18
03 Jul 2020 03:18 #2
Turns out it's gonna be 8pm on the day I leave to go across the country so I probably can't make it, good luck to everyone in the event though :)

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
06 Jul 2020 02:29 #3
Thank you for hosting the fun event. I would also like to thank everyone who participated (even for only a couple levels) for creating some memorable moments.

A few highlights while I was participating:

We figured out that only one player can pick up a specific Bubble powerup at a time. This made Into the Deep and Bubble Cavern quite interesting. The same applies to Mega Marbles and other PQ-exclusive powerups.

Even though the co-op version of Gravity Tower has areas with tons of blue and platinum gems, there were exactly zero good spawns despite all the Time Travel camping.

Because of fading platforms, the co-op version of Diminishing Returns restarts if ONE player falls out of bounds. If I recall correctly, Doomblah entered the 2D section of the level, and as the finish was revealed, a bunch of players decided to jump from the start to the finish, hitting the OOB trigger.

Figuring out that a checkpoint in Above and Below resets the moving platform took a surprisingly long time.

Almost everyone constantly went between the two cannons in Wonky Waters.

Citadel was THE lag-fest. At least for me, only the gem beacons and particles could be seen. After collecting a couple gems, the game froze, and I had to relaunch PQ. It worked fine after that.

Vibrancy Grounds got skipped after several players decided to run down the timer as quickly as possible.

Platforms suddenly decided to go backwards at times on Polymorphism. Eventually, some players decided to try to land on a faraway platform with a grass wall by taking advantage of blast. DKman00 eventually got it with a button-hit into a Super Jump into a blast.

I missed a decent chunk of Bonus, but I was there for almost all of the previous levels. Thank you for the fun event!

Signature
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yoshicraft224

• Yoshicraft224
  • Yoshicraft224's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
06 Jul 2020 03:49 - 06 Jul 2020 03:52 #4
Thank you so much to everyone who came! This year was a big success, and I hope to see you all in December for the MBP 13th Anniversary Event. Here's some stats!

-The highest number of players we had at a time was 9.
-The total time was 74:04.190 and the total score was 4552.
-Only 4 levels had times over 2 minutes; Above and Below, Hydropower, Manic Bounce, and Minute Minute. None went over 3 minutes.
-Other than the Haste levels and levels not included in Co-op (only Vice and Versa), we were able to complete every single level!

You can see the spreadsheet with all of the times and scores here . This will be updated every year from now on.

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!
Last edit: 06 Jul 2020 03:52 by Yoshicraft224.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.784 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.