exclamation-circle 1v1 MB Multiplayer Tournament

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
30 May 2015 19:25 - 30 May 2015 19:42 #121
Today, we had two matches. Someone should write up the first one shortly, but anyway, here we go:
MBK (home) vs. Kalle (away)

Promontory (MBK)
81-50 (MBK)
1-0 MBK
MBK picked Promontory. Wow. How surprising. It was even for the first minute, then MBK pulled ahead by camping the last red, then stealing blues, and mega marbling Kalle a few times. He camped the last red a second time with about 2 minutes left and Kalle got so p*ssed that he just gave up. He hates this map, as he should :P

Skate Battle Royale (Kalle)
97-74 (Kalle)
1-1
Another huge surprise pick. Kalle had a big lead at the beginning, but then MBK quickly closed the gap to 10-15 points. MBK is also pretty proficient at this map. With about 1 minute left, though, Kalle really pulled ahead and was too much for MBK on his signature map.

Ziggurat (MBK)
74-73 (MBK)
2-1 MBK
MBK was very confident on this map after his near victory against RC. This was the best match of the bunch. MBK held a small lead throughout the first three minutes or so, but then Kalle started to slowly creep back. Then, the last two spawns were one-point lead switching insanity, but it was MBK who had the last laugh. You can probably imagine how salty Kalle was after this :^)

Spires (Kalle)
72-56 (MBK)
3-1 MBK
This was, in part, a dirty trick from Kalle to make MBK's arrow keys lag like crazy. Somehow, MBK went totally ham and had a small lead throughout the entirety of the match. Then, Kalle came back, just like last time, and the scores were tied at the 30 second mark. Then, a blue spawned with about 20 seconds left. Kalle had a super jump and he was right near the blue...and, of course, he flew right over it. From thereon out this round was a done deal.

Sacred (MBK)
90-82 (MBK)
4-1 MBK (win)
MBK picked sacred to try to close the curtains. This was a very intense lead switching match, with both players making lots of mistakes, as you could tell from the audio. There were plenty of dramatic blue steals, missed gems, and boopages. First MBK had the lead, then Kalle, then MBK came back with a blue spawn. At this point, it was totally unclear who would run away with this game. With 25 seconds left, MBK had the lead, and he left the last red for Kalle. Kalle tried to get it, but fell off and missed it multiple times, and that was a victory dance for MBK.

Great games guys! Very skillful, very intense, and very /v2-inducing!
Also, as a side note, I have been eliminated from the tournament, and I just want to tell you how fun a ride it was. I enjoyed this so much, and thanks to Frosty for doing this again. Can't wait for the summer tourney! Kalle vs. MBK is viewable on Imperial's twitch channel.

~Eguy

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 30 May 2015 19:42 by Eguy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, Frostfire, MBKid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
30 May 2015 19:33 - 30 May 2015 19:33 #122
Regislian (away) vs Eguy (home)

Map: Ramps reloaded
chosen by: Eguy
Score: 127-102
Total: 1-0 Regi

This choise proved to backfire for Eguy as Regi had the lead for pretty much the whole match. There were some points when it looked like Eguy was starting to comeback, but never managed to actually close the gap.

Map: Spires
chosen by: Regislian
Score: 81-79
Total: 2-0 Regi

After several failed attempts to begin the match, we finally got it going. It was incredibly exciting as they were equal for the entire match. It was 79-79 with only 5 seconds left, and then Regi grabbed two reds and the match was over. Give it a watch

Map: Tilo
Score: 118-56
Total: 2-1 Regi

Eguy took the early lead and dominated throughout. Regi gave up with a minute and a half left of the match.

Map: Core
chosen by: Regi
Score: 88-83
Total: 3-1 Regi

And unexpected choise, but it worked. Early on it looked somewhat even, but Regi got a slight lead and kept it until the end.

Map: Marble city
Score: 138-106
Total: 4-1 Regislian wins

It was going back and gorth between the two in the beginning, but Regi got the lead just before half of the match had passed and it just kept growing until the end.

ggs

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
Last edit: 30 May 2015 19:33 by Kalle29.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Regislian, Frostfire, Eguy

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
30 May 2015 19:42 #123
That was a good match, Regi definitely earned the win. I had my hands a lot fuller with him than I did in round six. I was quite disappointed with my choice and my performance on Ramps Reloaded, and that took quite a bit out of me, but the Spires match was the ultimate dagger and devastation. I knew I could win Tilo, but after Core my hopes were shot and then after about half of Marble City, I knew I was done for sure. I learned so much from this tournament and I'm so glad to have been a part of it! Can't wait for the summer tourney, and best of luck to Regi and Frosty in the Semis :)

~Eguy

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
30 May 2015 19:42 - 30 May 2015 19:46 #124
GGs, guys! Btw Eguy, you didn't know this cuz you were watching the stream but Kalle actually thought that HE was in the lead so that's why he never got the last gem.

EDIT: Maybe we should do an mb league. You have like 15-20 games in a season. A win would be 3 points, tie would be one point and a loss would be zero points.

Maybe we should do that this summer ;)

I played marble blast
Last edit: 30 May 2015 19:46 by MBKid. Reason: herp derp

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
30 May 2015 19:45 #125
Oooh, rekt :) And, I think you gave Kalle a taste of his own medicine on Prom :P

-Jeff 2014

• Kalle29
30 May 2015 19:56 #126
tbh, after sbr it was mp bullshit deluxe. The ziggy match I'd have won if we played on a European server. On spires I apparently missed two blues which I should have got, plus mbk had a ton of spawn luck. If I hadn't missed those two blues I'd have won. On Sacred I had no idea what happened, I just checked the scores quickly when that last red was up and saw 90-82 and I assumed I was in the lead since I had got more gems on my screen, but apparently not.

but w/e, I've said many times that mp is unfair and that I hate it. I'll try to be less salty.

ggs, MBK. Best of luck in your next match

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
30 May 2015 20:12 - 30 May 2015 20:21 #127
Blame the platinum team for you misreading the scores. I've been yelling at them for a while now to fix the green score bug. Also, MP may be unfair but it's a skill test and anything can happen. Also, I know how you feel about Ziggy. The Spires loss was even more awful if you ask me. Also, I always look at the scores when playing :P

Edit: I meant my spires loss. Yours was pretty awful too :(

-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 30 May 2015 20:21 by Eguy.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
30 May 2015 20:51 - 30 May 2015 20:52 #128

Kalle29 wrote: ...if we played on a European server.

Excuse me sir that I don't have the funds to give us one. Once I get a fulltime job, I will definitely put in the money for one.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
Last edit: 30 May 2015 20:52 by IsraeliRD. Reason: I have 99 problems and money is one of them.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
30 May 2015 22:08 #129
Oh and, MBK, how about a Seattle MB party B)

-Jeff 2014

• Kalle29
31 May 2015 06:27 #130
So, apparently I was actually supposed to pick the first map; and even though I'd like to rematch (cuz I might win lol) I will just accept the loss. I'd rather lose than pull a TP lmao

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
31 May 2015 11:42 #131
The match of MBK vs Kalle is now available on YouTube (along with several matches in Swiss Rounds 5 and 6):

Kalle29 wrote: So, apparently I was actually supposed to pick the first map; and even though I'd like to rematch (cuz I might win lol) I will just accept the loss. I'd rather lose than pull a TP lmao

I was right. :P Then Eguy said it was the other way round and in the match of him vs Regi he picked first, so I thought that was solid. Should've checked the match of Frosty vs Jack, it was more reliable. :P Glad you decided not to pull a TP. ;)

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, Frostfire

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
31 May 2015 15:57 #132
Sorry if I ruined the whole thing :( Although, in the Swiss rounds, the player on the top of the bracket got first pick. For the playoffs, why didn't Frosty put the lower seed on top of the bracket, to follow the same pattern? The only reason I picked first and so did MBK, was because I saw our names on top. Oh, and
"If RC is out Eguy and I will fite in the finals" -Kalle29
lol.

-Jeff 2014

• Frostfire
  • Frostfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
31 May 2015 16:10 #133

Eguy wrote: Sorry if I ruined the whole thing :( Although, in the Swiss rounds, the player on the top of the bracket got first pick. For the playoffs, why didn't Frosty put the lower seed on top of the bracket, to follow the same pattern? The only reason I picked first and so did MBK, was because I saw our names on top. Oh, and
lol.

I can't, challenge automatically puts the higher seed on top. Its fine, u didn't ruin anything, but next time check what I did in my game before assuming something :p

• Kalle29
31 May 2015 16:26 #134

And RC wasn't out, now was he? :^) My predictions skills are still on top.

• Thank you received: 11
31 May 2015 16:52 #135
I'm still waiting an answer from him so that we can play our matches, but i'm pretty sure i'm gonna loose anyway versus him :)

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
31 May 2015 18:01 #136
Well RC wasn't out but even if he was I'm pretty sure we wouldn't since we got out in the quarterfinals. Although, if RC was out I'd get Lich probably and you'd get Regi or something. Dunno exactly.

-Jeff 2014

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
01 Jun 2015 15:19 #137

MBK wrote:
EDIT: Maybe we should do an mb league. You have like 15-20 games in a season. A win would be 3 points, tie would be one point and a loss would be zero points.

Maybe we should do that this summer ;)

Would love to but it would never work - it would take far too long. This summer we'll be doing a 1v1(v1) tourney to make up for the blown-up first one.

• Thank you received: 11
01 Jun 2015 17:40 #138
I won't be here this summer to do the tournament, unless MBP is released for Macbook 10.4 :D

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
01 Jun 2015 19:56 #139
Why not just update your software?

-Jeff 2014

• Kalle29
01 Jun 2015 21:37 #140
sorry, I forgot to post this

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
04 Jun 2015 11:41 #141
Good games guys. Regi finally played how I think he could, though this giving up thing...And also some very weird map choices :O

I dunno Kalle, in SBR at least, there was a blue that seemed like you ping stole it, unless you were faster because MBK was ahead. As for Ziggy, it was intense, especially cause I was rooting for MBK, since last thing we want is Kalle winning tourney :pinch:
I don't know what to say about Spires, because imo that match I really wondered what on earth you two were doing. It was definitely a bad match. Now I'm not saying it was enjoyable but I mean, given the level of skill you two have, I don't understand how you both played, particularly MBK. It may seem a bit controversial but I think it was Kalle's game to lose. He may have suffered from ping in some of them but MBK did a few good tricks on Spires but he messed up ever blue, literally.
I don't know if his keys got stuck, or if he lagged or if he just never plays it. I don't see why he gets a gyro, and rather than use the Carpet surface to get a boost, he opts to use gyro and blast, and completely messes up blue spawns like that, not getting enough height. It was hard to watch. And also some other times he opted to camp gems but didn't go to good areas to see next ones.

Sacred was a bit unfortunate, as even I thought Kalle was ahead, but with MBK not taking the gems, maybe you shoulda rechecked the scores :P
Still you basically missed the blues on Spires on your own, not ping steals, but the loss was surprising. GGs either way.

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, Frostfire

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
04 Jun 2015 13:46 #142

Eguy wrote: Oh and, MBK, how about a Seattle MB party B)

Ahem...Egoo.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
04 Jun 2015 16:48 - 04 Jun 2015 16:50 #143
We just had a Skype discussion about that Rozi ;)
Also, Dush,
"The reason I wasn't picking Epi and BAC is that you're simply too good at those. Too risky" - Regislian 2015
Also, he previously said he'd stick to the oldies, but he used the Kalle face when saying that... :^)

-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 04 Jun 2015 16:50 by Eguy.

• Kalle29
13 Jun 2015 16:03 - 13 Jun 2015 19:58 #144
Regislian (home) vs Frostfire (away)

Map: Epicenter
Chosen by: Regislian
Score: 158-147
Total Score: 1-0 Regislian

One of Regislian's best maps proved to be a good choise. He took the lead very early on and never let go of it. Frostfire came close several times but never managed to actually pull ahead.

Map: Architecture
Chosen by: Frostfire
Score: 150-120
Total Score: 1-1

Frostfire surprised no one when he picked his best map. The game was even for the first two minutes but then Frostfire did his thing and got a comfy lead in the end, not even an epic blue steal in the last seconds could save Regislian here.

Map: Spires
Score: 100-82
Total Score: 2-1 Frostfire

A map that would normally be a win for Regislian proved to backfire. This was actually pretty painful to watch, Regislian was completely out of it in the early stages of the game, then they pretty much played equally (bad) for the rest of the game. The gap that was made early became the deciding factor and Frostfire thusly got the win.

Map: Zenith
Score: 128-78
Total Score: 3-1 Frostfire

Not too much to say here, a few sub optimal plays on Regislian's part was all it took for Frostfire to pull ahead and win.

Map: Eye of the storm
Score: 89-85
Total Score: 3-2 Frostfire

Regislian is one of the few people who actually likes eots, and it was clear that knows his way around this map. He played really well and had a clear lead for the better part of the game. Towards the end Frostfire started to do one of his (annoying) comebacks, and with only 14 seconds left on the clock a blue gems spawned on top. Frostfire was down by 5 points, meaning he could grab one or two stray reds on his way to the blue and steal the win, though he slid off the edge on his way there... So in the end Regi got all blues and the win.

Map: Vortex effect
Score: 113-90
Total Score: 4-2 Frostfire wins

Another game where Frostfire was just slightly more proficient, the lead grew slowly but steadily. Matan pointed out during the match that neither played used the very useful spawn pionts in the middle, which could have changed the outcome of this game.

ggs guys.

AND OMG YOU GOTTA WATCH THE VID ESPECIALLY THE EOTS MATCH!!!

Last edit: 13 Jun 2015 19:58 by Kalle29. Reason: frosty wanted me to scream at you to watch the match :/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
22 Jun 2015 16:00 #145
MBK has been eliminated by default as his and RC's match went overtime. RC will play me in the finals, at a set time which I will post. Somebody will stream so if you can't make it to watch live you'll still get to see it :p

• Kalle29
03 Jul 2015 00:43 #146
Just a reminder that:

Once these matches have been played, the winners play off in a final match. This final is on a set date, and will be filmed and posted to YouTube so all can watch it.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
17 Jul 2015 22:11 #147
9 pm EST (3 am GMT) Thursday July 23 - RC v Frostfire for the championship.

:)

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
17 Jul 2015 22:44 #148

Frostfire wrote: (3 am GMT)

But seriously yay it's finally gonna happen.

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
18 Jul 2015 01:49 #149
Good timing, I might be there to witness it. :D

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
18 Jul 2015 01:50 #150

Imperial wrote: Good timing, I might be there to witness it. :D

Awesome! You mean stream it though, right? :D

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.104 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.