exclamation-circle 1v1 MB Multiplayer Tournament

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
30 Mar 2015 03:35 #61
nihahhat catch me on skype and we'll try to troubleshoot.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Frostfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
30 Mar 2015 12:22 #62
Yes - I won't mark the loss until this Saturday as hopefully mason can solve the problem.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
30 Mar 2015 14:22 #63
Are you guys aware that RC vs. MBK already happened and you can watch it on Imp's twitch? Someone forgot to do the write up...
.-.
That was such a heartbreaker I can't believe it.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
30 Mar 2015 14:57 #64

Eguy wrote: Are you guys aware that RC vs. MBK already happened and you can watch it on Imp's twitch? Someone forgot to do the write up...

Yeah, somebody needs to do the writeup. I'll bother RC/mbk/imp next time I see one of them :]
Bracket was updated a while ago though, as soon as I learned they played & checked scores.

Eguy wrote: That was such a heartbreaker I can't believe it.

Now I can rub it in :D

But honestly your guess may have been closer in a way, as that last game on Ziggy came down to the wire.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
05 Apr 2015 13:09 #65
The first round was drawn yesterday and soon after the first match was played!

Frostfire (home) VS J@ckrb (away)

Map: Architecture
Chosen By: Frost
Score: 179-81 Frost
Total Score: 1-0 Frost

Not much to say here. I dominated on my best map.

Map: Tilo
Chosen By: Jack
Score: 130-94 Frost
Total Score: 2-0 Frost

Jack had originally picked Horizon, however, thistle crashed when we tried to choose it (HIGUY!) so he selected Tilo instead. He stuck much closer this game than the first one.

Map: Triumvirate
Chosen By: Frost
Score: 93-70 Frost
Total Score: 3-0 Frost Wins

I decided to go with Triumvirate. I took an early lead of about 20 points and held it throughout the match.

Good game, jack!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
05 Apr 2015 16:05 #66

Frostfire wrote: Jack had originally picked Horizon, however, thistle crashed when we tried to choose it (HIGUY!)

I'll hazard a guess with Thistle not having the updated Horizon interior

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
05 Apr 2015 16:07 - 05 Apr 2015 16:07 #67
I hosted the second match of the third round today. There was lots of crashing (Twice by me!), but other than that it was an exciting and intense match!

Rozi (home) VS Pro Marbler (away)

Map: Marble It Up
Chosen By: Rozi
Score: 95-80 Rozi
Total Score: 1-0 Rozi

I was expecting Rozi to choose Bowl and this came as a bit of a shock. It was even until late in the game when Rozi began to pull away due to his efficiency to the blues. He beat Pro 5-1 on blues and 18-10 on yellows (whist pro won 5x to 3x on reds), and in the end these high-point gems couldn't be overcome by Pro.

Map: All Angles
Chosen By: Pro
Score: 83-36 Rozi
Total Score: 2-0 Rozi

Wow. Easily the worst game of the match, Pro was completely annihilated on the map of his choice. Nothing to say here except Rozi got to 90% of spawns a second or more before Pro.

Map: Bowl
Chosen By: Rozi
Score: 102-92 Rozi
Total Score: 3-0 Rozi Wins

Bowl was the most exciting of the bunch - I wasn't sure until the last 20 seconds who would win. It was close throughout, with Pro ahead at at least one point of the second half of the game. They were 46-46 on yellows - Rozi's 2 blues made the difference. Fun Fact: Loq defeated Pro by TEN POINTS in last tournament's play-in game ON BOWL. Coincidence?

Great game guys! You provided me with one of the most exciting games yet (Bowl) :)
Last edit: 05 Apr 2015 16:07 by Frostfire.

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
05 Apr 2015 16:52 #68
So, apparently Bowl is the map of choice at the moment if you want entertaining matches! :P

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
05 Apr 2015 17:16 #69

IsraeliRD wrote:

Frostfire wrote: Jack had originally picked Horizon, however, thistle crashed when we tried to choose it (HIGUY!)

I'll hazard a guess with Thistle not having the updated Horizon interior

Yeppers.

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 753
07 Apr 2015 03:19 - 07 Apr 2015 04:26 #70
Another match today

Jeff (home) vs Lee (away)

Map: Horizon
Chosen By: Jeff
Score: 121-92 Lee
Total Score: 1-0 Lee

It started off pretty equal between the two, but after a while Lee started to take the lead, a very slight lead mind you, less than 10 points for most of the match. Towards the end though, Lee started to pull away properly, and the lead quickly got bigger, resulting in the win.

Map: Ramps Reloaded
Chosen By: Lee
Score: 109-72 Lee
Total Score: 2-0 Lee

Lee was clearly better on this map. He got many skillshots to the blue gems and generally made better decisions throughout the match, he was in the lead the whole time.

Map: Marble agillity course
Chosen By: Jeff
Score: 108-89 Jeff
Total Score: 2-1 Lee

Now this one had a really interesting moment. The match started fairly even, Jeff had a slight lead in the beginning, then Lee had some blue steals, but then Jeff took the lead back, and made it bigger. When there was about 50 seconds left on the clock, Jeff had a lead of 15-20 points and both players stood on their own platform. There was a single red gem between them and for some reason Lee didn't wanna grab it (he just spammed /v2), so both players stood there for 30(!) seconds whilst the clock was ticking. with just about 20 seconds left Lee finally grabbed the gem and the match went on, but there was not enough time to make a comeback.

Map: Battlecube revisited
Score: 112-111 Jeff
Total Score: 2-2 equal

This match went back and forth between the players for the whole match, you couldn't tell who would win. As the end got close, Lee got a blue spawn and took the lead from Jeff; it seemed like Lee would win at that point. However, Jeff also got a blue spawn in the last few seconds and he made it equal 111-111, then he just barely managed to take a red gem in his vicinity and got the win.

Map: Bowl
Chosen By: random
Score: 115-112 Lee
Total Score: 3-2 Lee wins

This one was very tight for the first two minutes - both players were at 52 points at the same time, but from there Lee had the lead throughout the whole game. It kinda looked like Jeff would make a comeback towards the end, but Lee was playing too solid and never let go of the lead. ggwp

also, regarding the recording; I crashed not once, but twice during the match and it messed up the recording majorly. The bowl match was fine, but the rest was just corrupted files, I managed to save the first match + one minute of the ramps reloaded match. But the rest is not salvageable. meaning I only have the first and the last game properly recorded :/

Luckily I noted the scores in case anything would happen, which is the important part for swiss rounds. I have no idea why the crashes happened, I tested the recorder earlier both in sp and mp, and it worked fine, even for long recordings.

anyway, what we've learned from this is that I should not record the playoffs, unless I figure out why the crashes happen ;-; I'll upload the games to YT if you want them, imo we might as well not bother since this is only swiss rounds, but Lee wanted them so I'll do it.

OK, so this was the corrupt file that I managed to save.

edit: I found the problem, it was some retarded line of code in my new hard drive that made it go mental at times, it is fixed now at least.

and here we have the file that was OK

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
Last edit: 07 Apr 2015 04:26 by Kalle29.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, Frostfire

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
07 Apr 2015 17:39 #71
Both the matches of Lichable vs Promarbler (one game) and Frostfire vs J@ckrb are now available on YouTube:

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, J@ckRB, Frostfire

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
07 Apr 2015 19:05 - 07 Apr 2015 19:30 #72
Thanks for the uploads guys.

Legenda, do not talk in server chat during matches in the future please!

EDIT: holy JEFF WHY - bowl, omg, you were down by one. You beat lee to the SB. why did u not blast, turn, and use SB to get the gem lee ended up getting!??!? You would've won omg

Edit #2: Dw though joofie :P re-read that and it sounds like you did awful. You did very well :)
Last edit: 07 Apr 2015 19:30 by Frostfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
08 Apr 2015 22:15 #73
Fourth match of the third round :)

Eguy (home) VS Lichable (away)

Map: Sacred
Chosen By: Eguy
Score: 133-86 Eguy
Total Score: 1-0 Eguy

Eguy chose Sacred, not exactly a surprise. Lichable stayed even for quite a while and then simply fell behind.

Map: Sprawl
Chosen By: Lich
Score: 181-106 Eguy
Total Score: 2-0 Eguy

Lich then selected Sprawl. This one was uglier; Eguy took an early lead and continued to increase it as time went on.

Map: Blast Club
Chosen By: Eguy
Score: 98-73 Eguy
Total Score: 3-0 Eguy Wins

This was by far the closest match. Lich was actually leading for the first half of the game. He lost his lead over the course of a few spawns and Eguy took a small lead. From there, Lich's inexperience with multiplayer was his demise. He continually chose unadvisable gem routes, following Eguy, going for the wrong gem, etc, and couldn't recover the deficit.

New places:
Eguy 6th,
Lichable 13th.

Good game guys! Blast Club was very exciting :]

• Kalle29
14 Apr 2015 16:57 - 14 Apr 2015 16:58 #74
get hype

RC (home) VS Regislian (away)

Map: Sprawl
Chosen By: RC
Score: 176-126 RC
Total Score: 1-0 RC

No surprises in the choise of map here; RC was home and chose his best map. The game actually started off with both player having pretty equal scores, it wasn't until around 60-70 points where RC started to pull away for real, and from there the gap just kept growing.

Map: Epicenter
Chosen By: Regislian
Score: 147-129 RC
Total Score: 2-0 RC

This one was a nailbiter for most of the match. RC had a very slight lead for a long time and it looked like Regi had trouble getting ahead of RC. But out of nowhere he got a blue steal and took the lead. To make it even more exciting, the players kept stealing the lead from the other several times until the match was over. The half minute was very unfortunate for Regi however, RC had a slight lead and both players were trying to snipe a blue gem, RC got it and Regi spawned on the other side of the map - giving RC even more points. And to make it even worse, RC sniped another blue gem with only 1/5th of a second left on the clock. Ping might actually have won the match for RC here.

Map: Skate battle royale
Chosen By: RC
Score: 102-54 RC
Total Score: 3-0 RC wins

RC decided to choose a map that Regi disliked, and it payed off. He had the lead for the whole match and never let it go. Nothing else to say on this one really.

GGS it was fun to watch. Imp is uploading it to yt.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
Last edit: 14 Apr 2015 16:58 by Kalle29.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RC, Regislian

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
14 Apr 2015 16:59 #75
Awesome match guys!

P.S. rekt AGAIN, eguy, 2-0 :D

(now i have to play RC :c)

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
14 Apr 2015 17:21 #76
Good games, RC.

One thing to add, which could've changed the outcome either way (me getting more rekt or actually winning one) is that collision is off on Thistle.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
14 Apr 2015 17:43 #77

Regislian wrote: Good games, RC.

One thing to add, which could've changed the outcome either way (me getting more rekt or actually winning one) is that collision is off on Thistle.

You guys should've waited for me to come on :P

(psst... kalle, imp, portforward so that i'm not the only person who can host lol)

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
14 Apr 2015 18:21 #78
RC vs Regislian is now available on YouTube:

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

The following user(s) said Thank You: RC, Regislian, Frostfire

• Kalle29
14 Apr 2015 18:28 #79
I have tried to port forward but it just won't work :(

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
15 Apr 2015 16:55 - 15 Apr 2015 16:55 #80

Frostfire wrote: Awesome match guys!

P.S. rekt AGAIN, eguy, 2-0 :D

(now i have to play RC :c)

Well... 1. If RC hadn't cheap-ed it out, it would've been 1-1.
2. If collisions were on, it may have been 2-0 me :D

Great match guys. Will watch soon.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 15 Apr 2015 16:55 by Eguy. Reason: must see, must see, but lotsa stuff in mai laifff

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
18 Apr 2015 13:14 #81
4th Round has been drawn! You can view matchups by the link in the second post!

Sidenote: Nihahhat has been disqualified from the tournament after missing 2 weeks in a row. Sorry, Nihahhat.
Sidenote #2: Lichable has this week's bye.
Sidenote #3: I feel for you, jeff, when u look at the matchups :P

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
19 Apr 2015 02:25 #82
Our first match of the 4th round has been played, and it was an intense 3-2!

Kalle (home) VS Lee Zi Xian (away)

Map: Skate Battle Royale
Chosen By: Kalle
Score: 93-58 Kalle
Total Score: 1-0 Kalle

An expected pick from Kalle, he dominated the entire match. Not much to say about this one.

Map: Horizon
Score: 109-95 Lee
Total Score: 1-1

Lee chose Horizon - and apparently it was a smart pick! It was even until about the midway point, when Lee got just in front of Kalle for a double blue (lots of /v2) and from there he widened his lead to 15 and kept it for the rest of the game, with Kalle never pulling back within 5 again.

Map: Spires
Chosen By: Kalle
Score: 94-49 Kalle
Total Score: 2-1 Kalle

Kalle, knowing Lee's FPS weakness, chose Spires, which could be viewed as tactically smart or a dirty play, depending on how you look at it :P this was another blowout, with Kalle simply controlling the game the whole time. (Sidenote: Kalle had, at this point, scored 93, 94 & 95 in his games).

Map: Marble City
Score: 114-107 Lee
Total Score: 2-2

Lee selected Marble City, and after the game was over, I decided that I respected Lee's map-picking. Most of us have backfiring map choices. His two brought the match to 5 games. As for the match on Marble City - needless to say, it was the most intense match and the final score shows it. With about a minute left, Lee had a 20-point lead, but Kalle closed it quickly and with 20 seconds left the lead was only 10. The spawns from this point favored Lee, showing only one yellow and the rest all red in the next three spawns. The last spawn, with 2 seconds left (not enough time for either player to reach it) included a blue and a yellow (+ reds), which could've been enough to save Kalle (who was actually ahead of Lee to the spawn), but there just wasn't enough time on the clock. Hardfought match by both players and seriously entertaining to watch, especially considering what was on the line. Worth a view on Imp's twitch channel (or YouTube once he uploads it).

Map: Promontory
Chosen By: Randomizer
Score: 116-87 Kalle
Total Score: 3-2 Kalle Wins

Sadly, the last match fell short of games 2 and 4 in intensity. Kalle dominated after the first minute, taking advantage of Lee's FPS and his inexperience of the level. Though Lee played decently, Kalle was simply too quick to the spawns for him on this one. He rallied near the end and outscored Kalle in the last 30 seconds or so, but it was nowhere near enough to get himself out of the hole he was in.

Great games guys! Very entertaining matches (Esp. Marble City!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, Eguy

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
19 Apr 2015 14:52 #83
The match of Kalle vs Lee Zi Xian is now available on YouTube:

Horizon and Marble City are a must-watch. :)

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29

• Kalle29
19 Apr 2015 15:45 #84
haha, I sound salty af in chat there, but it was only because for some reason Lee's marble was extra behind for me in that match.

Great game anyway, was a real nailbiter for me. It was basically the luck of the draw that won me the match.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
19 Apr 2015 18:31 #85
I had a great time playing with you all - really, I did :)

I am posting here to post my formal resignation of the tournament. Whilst fun, I feel that it would be a waste of my time to continue on at this point. I hope that you respect my wish and that it is granted.

Hoping to see the write up soon with me vs eguy.

Best of luck to those in the playoffs and the final rounds before the playoffs!

- Jeff

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
19 Apr 2015 18:41 #86
Hey Jeff,

I totally respect your wish. I just want to encourage you to keep playing MP. Whilst many have called you a pleb, I think you have very good potential at MP and I think the main reason you lost was luck. You got Mason, then Kalle. Then, you BARELY lost against Lee. Then, instead of getting Lichable, he got a bye and you got me instead. In a future tournament, I'm sure you'll be quite a threat. Honestly, I had to play full strength to win that last game. Don't be discouraged at all. It was honestly very hard for me to beat you because I knew you would be discouraged and would think you don't have potential. Well, you do. So I'm encouraging you to keep going, and if you do, you might be in the 18 or 1900's rating wise by next tourney. :)

Keep it up,
Eguy

-Jeff 2014
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
19 Apr 2015 18:43 - 19 Apr 2015 18:46 #87
Second match of the round we have:

J@ckrb (Home) vs MBK (Away)

Map: Tilo
Chosen By: J@ckrb
Score: 118-88 J@ckrb
Total Score: 1-0 J@ckrb

An expected pick from J@ckrb who is very proficient of the map. He obtained the lead from the beginning and maintained it throughout the game, slowly pulling away from MBK. A solid win from him.

Map: Promontory
Chosen By: MBK
Score: 105-91 MBK
Total Score: 1-1

MBK chose Promontory as he knows he is advantageous on it. Interestingly J@ckrb managed a small lead in the first half of the game, but after that MBK displayed his better ability in moving around the map and grabbed the lead until the end.

Map: Battlecube
Score: 70-52 MBK
Total Score: 2-1 MBK

J@ckrb surprised everyone by choosing Battlecube - a very rare map choice. However, it proved to backfire as MBK held a solid lead from the start and maintained it by swift and steady speed to the gems. This was a fatal mistake by J@ckrb.

Map: Sacred
Chosen By: MBK
Scores: 103-88 MBK
Total Scores: 3-1 MBK wins

Another smart choice from MBK. He made it to the spawns quicker than J@ckrb most of the time which edged him the win.

Overall very good games from the two, although it is regrettable that J@ckrb definitely picked the wrong map with his second choice. With a little luck he could've made a 2-2 and possibly an overall win. However MBK is indeed more proficient in general and undoubtedly deserved the win.

P.S. The video of the match is available on my Twitch channel for reviewing, and would be uploaded to my YouTube channel in a few days time.

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

Last edit: 19 Apr 2015 18:46 by Imperial.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
19 Apr 2015 19:31 #88
Jeff (Home) vs Eguy (Away)

Map: Core.
Chosen by: Jeff.
Score: 85-68 Eguy.
Total Score: 1-0 Eguy.

A pick noone really saw coming. Was quite close overall, sadly for Jeff, his first pick backfired.

Map: Horizon.
Chosen by: Eguy.
Score: 122-87 Eguy.
Total Score: 2-0 Eguy.

Quite an experimental pick from Eguy, it worked in his favour. He gained a lead quite early on and managed to expand that throughout.

Map: Basic Agility Course
Chosen by: Jeff.
Score: 120-104 Eguy.
Total Score: 3-0 Eguy.

This was definitely the most exciting match to watch, with the lead switching back and forth. Near the end, Eguy took the lead, though said afterwards he had to really go all-in to be on the winning-side on this one.

Good games!

If you want to see the matches, you can go either on twitch or youtube on Imp's channel.

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
19 Apr 2015 19:45 #89

Imperial wrote: Map: Battlecube
Score: 70-52 MBK
Total Score: 2-1 MBK

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfASDFASDFASDFASDFASDFASDF
Anyway, great game MBK!
Also, Jeff, I understand why you want to resign from tournament, and it is your decision, but you did honestly get the hardest bunch of the lot.
Me, Lee, Eguy, Lich, Regi, MO11, Kalle, MBK, PM (to an extent) all got a free win (9/13 remaining). Of those who did not (RC, Frosty, Rozi and you) - RC & Frosty are both top players.
Rozi got MO11, me and PM (4th game vs. Regi). You got Nihahhat, Kalle, Lee (which you barely lost) and Eguy, which is honestly a much harder group.

Of course I respect your decision and fully understand it, I really hope you stay involved with future tournaments, because if your luck isn't horrible like last time, you'll surely do much better.

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
19 Apr 2015 21:37 #90

Jeff wrote: I had a great time playing with you all - really, I did :)

I am posting here to post my formal resignation of the tournament. Whilst fun, I feel that it would be a waste of my time to continue on at this point. I hope that you respect my wish and that it is granted.

Hoping to see the write up soon with me vs eguy.

Best of luck to those in the playoffs and the final rounds before the playoffs!

- Jeff

Jeff - don't give up :) You had incredibly bad luck up to this point. The tournament is for fun, not for winning - even if you don't make the playoffs, you should follow through and finish your matches. (you still have a chance for playoffs at 2-4). Please reconsider your resignation. If you still wish to resign by the next round's drawing then you will be regretfully removed.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.216 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.