file April 4th 2015 - MBP Race on SpeedRunsLive

• Xelna
  • Xelna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 52
28 Mar 2015 23:21 - 28 Mar 2015 23:27 #1
We are going to have a race of Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 on SpeedRunsLive - www.speedrunslive.com/channel/
Saturday April 4th at 2pm EST

All the races must be streamed. Therefore, you need to download a streaming Software such as Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) or XSplit. Also since this race is going to be in Real Time, you will need an external timer such as WSplit, Llanfair or WSplit (I strongly suggest WSplit for this).

- To download the softwares: www.speedrunslive.com/tools/
- Make sure you read the 4 tabs on this page for information about racing: www.speedrunslive.com/faq/rules/

You need to register an account on IRC and then log in to #speedrunslive , where the races take place. You can either use their Mibbit widget if you want (it's free and easy to use) or an IRC client of your choice such as mIRC.

We might do a Marble Blast Gold 100 levels race, or MBU 60 or MBP 120 (Jeff or HiGuy need to add that Super Challenge first). We agree'd to do the race using the Super Challenge feature in MBP Online, but if your game/Internet crashes in the middle of the race, you can continue in Single Player from where you left off.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2015 23:27 by Xelna.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
28 Mar 2015 23:41 #2
Ok, so I need to make something clear, if I crash and keep on playing normally, will levels count as beaten on the same standard as in a super challenge?

For example, if I beat BCF in a super challenge, but I take more than 15 minutes to do so, I still win. If I play a level normally and don't beat par time, will it still count as if I had beaten that level like it does in SC?

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Xelna
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
29 Mar 2015 00:20 #3
We can work our way around that. If all levels are unlocked, we can make a rule that says that we don't need to beat the Par Time to progress.

• Thank you received: 405
02 Apr 2015 22:56 #4
How am I able to just watch the race by clicking on that website? After clicking on the link, I don't know what to do. Will there be an additional link on that page for the race on April 4th?

• Kalle29
02 Apr 2015 23:00 #5
Don't worry, all the links will be posted before the race, probably in this thread and/or on webchat. I will also make a multitwitch with all runners so that you only need one page to view all runners at once.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

03 Apr 2015 17:14 #6
I just remembered that I will be out of town on April 4th until probably after 6 PM EDT. Will the race be recorded and can I watch it on that website or on YouTube or is it just the one time that I will be able to see it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eguy

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
03 Apr 2015 20:24 #7
Quick question,

Will the Ctrl+P screenshot glitch be allowed to be used (e.g. for MBP, Teleport Training)?

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• Kalle29
03 Apr 2015 20:31 - 04 Apr 2015 17:36 #8
I don't think Ctrl+P will be needed since you get to the next level even if you finished whilst being OOB.

edit: Pascal, do we need to stream the timer, or is that just in case we crash? Because I wasn't planning on streamin the timer.

edit: edit: multitwitch of all the runners: multitwitch.tv/xelna/Kalle29_MB/Regislia.../frostfire77/jackdrb

Last edit: 04 Apr 2015 17:36 by Kalle29.

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
04 Apr 2015 22:36 #9
Well that was fun. (no sarcasm intended :P)

Came last (excluding regislian and seth who both dropped out at some point.) Still, great experience and even though I got well and truly owned by #1 Ring Stunts and #2 Morph (well most levels :/), it was surprisingly fun to do (beneath the burning rage of failing) and I would love to do it again sometime.

Determination gets me to Dizzying Heights apparently.
Hopefully I can be more of a close competitor next time! :)

Congratulations to Imperial who won overall and got sub-3 hours (2hrs 45 mins roughly?)! :D

P.S The fall at 19/19 gems in Morph was super super painful. :pinch:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Imperial

04 Apr 2015 22:38 - 25 Aug 2016 01:50 #10
Dear me... I missed the race due to being out of town for nine hours! Is there any way I can view it, is it on YouTube or something like that?
Last edit: 25 Aug 2016 01:50 by NF. Reason: Obliterated an extremely embarrassing triple exclamation mark, triple question mark, and the even more humiliating sad face emoticon. I am appalled at my behavior back then.

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
04 Apr 2015 22:48 #11
You can view it separately (from one runner's perspective) by viewing their twitch channel and looking at past broadcasts.

From Imperials perspective (the winner): www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier/c/6473824

Others:
www.twitch.tv/frostfire77/b/645767581
www.twitch.tv/jackdrb/c/6473865 (mine is split into 2 parts - stream crashed halfway through)

People who dropped out:
www.twitch.tv/regislian/b/645784694

I'm unsure if there's a way to re-watch multiple streams at once - someone can fill me in on that hopefully.

• Kalle29
04 Apr 2015 23:03 #12
Props to Imperial for winning this with a final time of 2hrs 48mins 19secs, which should also be the WR for MBP all levels. I got the second place; I was in the lead until Speed attack where I lost like 30 minutes lmao. Missed a gem several times and didn't know that you could reset a platform which cost so much time ;_;

Anyway, I had lots of fun, would like to do it again at some point :p

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
04 Apr 2015 23:24 #13
I had loads of fun during this. Despair was incredibly annoying, and I also had some bad falls (2 on platform section of ttotts... once with 19 gems on UTree). I came 3rd; dropping out at Space Station once Kalle had finished. Would love to do it again!

04 Apr 2015 23:33 #14
I would have gladly participated if my computer was new enough. Why didn't Xelna participate? Wasn't the race named after him...?

• Kalle29
04 Apr 2015 23:46 #15
We don't know why Xelna didn't participate, he was the one who started this whole thing.

• Xelna
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
05 Apr 2015 01:18 #16
Glad you had a lot of fun. I wish I could've raced but something unexpected happened so I had to leave for like 5 hours... Congrats to Imperial for winning this. If you want to do this again, we could try to do it more often, like next saturday, same time.

• Kalle29
05 Apr 2015 01:56 #17
I'm up for it at least.

Also, thanks to Matan for the live commentary, it was fun to listen to

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
05 Apr 2015 02:29 #18
I would really wish for this to happen again soon, as this was a thing I really wanted to participate in. Can't wait to get home so I can watch you guys, and congrats to Imp, I think you deserved it and also I thought Kalle said 48 minutes at first, lol. Didn't see the 2 hours part. Also, Xelna didn't play?

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

05 Apr 2015 02:34 #19
Yes! I would sincerely like for this to happen on a regular basis, it was absolutely thrilling to regard. I would also love to participate at some point when I get a new computer.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
05 Apr 2015 09:28 #20
This was an extremely fun and exciting experience. Big applause to Kalle, Frostfire, Jackrb and Regislian for joining this race as sitting down battling 120 levels non-stop nearly 3 hours requires a lot of endurance and commitment. I feel very grateful for winning this race and was very lucky during the course. Shout out to Kalle who was leading most of the time during the race and could have easily won it if it wasn't for speed attack. Also it's a pity that Xelna didn't participate in the race, he would probably beat us all. :P I look forward to doing this race again at some point, hopefully with Xelna and some other new faces. :)

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
05 Apr 2015 11:29 #21
We could run it every two weeks on Saturday, 2pm EST?

I'm not sure if I'm up for another one immediately this upcoming Saturday.

05 Apr 2015 18:32 #22
I could participate in MBP up to Platform Race 2, which I haven't been able to beat yet. I have beaten all MBG and MBU levels though. Would I still be able to participate even if I drop out before Platform Race 2?

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
05 Apr 2015 20:53 #23

Spaghetti78 wrote: I could participate in MBP up to Platform Race 2, which I haven't been able to beat yet. I have beaten all MBG and MBU levels though. Would I still be able to participate even if I drop out before Platform Race 2?

Yes, though, I would recommend beating every level before trying to participate in a full speedrun.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.941 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.