file 2016 Summer 1v1 Tournament

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
30 Jun 2016 02:07 #31
My schedule is kind of messy (can only do every other week from Monday-Monday) but I should have at least 2 days / week that I'll be available. So count me in, I guess.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
30 Jun 2016 02:08 #32
whoa hey new forums

i'll sign up

• Frostfire
  • Frostfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
01 Jul 2016 03:22 - 01 Jul 2016 03:23 #33
Signups are closed in 24 hours - tomorrow is the last opportunity to post. Late signups won't be accepted.

The drawing of the first week's matchups will take place this Saturday at 9 EST. (and all subsequent drawings at 9 EST each following Saturday).

If one more person signs up we will have an even number and no byes.
Last edit: 01 Jul 2016 03:23 by Frostfire.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
02 Jul 2016 00:49 - 02 Jul 2016 00:50 #34
ummm sign me up pls!

Im a bit rusty though :)

I played marble blast
Last edit: 02 Jul 2016 00:50 by MBKid.

02 Jul 2016 03:15 #35
hey weird request but if you're participating in this can you post the country you're from? i'm going to make a cool display page for this and the flags would be a nice touch
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
02 Jul 2016 03:26 - 02 Jul 2016 03:27 #36
You'd probably ask Frostfire about this, but i would assume he would respond that it's up to the participants whether or not they want to post the country they're from. Nice idea btw :) I'm from U. S., but I might be in Greece for a portion of this tournament so if this idea is indeed approved feel free give me a greek flag if you like to spruce things up :)

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 02 Jul 2016 03:27 by Eguy.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
02 Jul 2016 12:10 - 02 Jul 2016 12:20 #37
Signups are over. 20 participants.

The top 16 players will make the playoffs at the end of the Swiss Rounds.

First drawing is in less than an hour - good luck to all! Remember that you have one week to set up a time and complete your match.

Once the drawing is completed, you can view your opponent at challonge.com/MBsummer2016 (and standings and stuff).

EDIT: for freeziez - country list (if anyone wants this removed then let me know)

HiGuy - USA
Eguy - USA
Threefolder - USA
Tue - UK
Regislian - Netherlands
Xedron - USA
Nature Freak - USA
Kwill - USA
Kalle - Sweden
El Robert - Romania
MBOUltimate - UK
J@ckRB - UK
Weather - USA
Toothy - USA
MBK - USA
hPerks - Canada
Lichable - France
Lee Zi Xian - Malaysia
Frostfire - USA
Last edit: 02 Jul 2016 12:20 by Frostfire.

• Thank you received: 198
03 Jul 2016 01:38 #38

Frostfire wrote: Signups are over. 20 participants.
HiGuy - USA
Eguy - USA
Threefolder - USA
Tue - UK
Regislian - Netherlands
Xedron - USA
Nature Freak - USA
Kwill - USA
Kalle - Sweden
El Robert - Romania
MBOUltimate - UK
J@ckRB - UK
Weather - USA
Toothy - USA
MBK - USA
hPerks - Canada
Lichable - France
Lee Zi Xian - Malaysia
Frostfire - USA

I'm the only Asian here? ;-;

lee is awesome

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
03 Jul 2016 01:51 #39

Frostfire wrote: Signups are over. 20 participants.

HiGuy - USA
Eguy - USA
Threefolder - USA
Tue - UK
Regislian - Netherlands
Xedron - USA
Nature Freak - USA
Kwill - USA
Kalle - Sweden
El Robert - Romania
MBOUltimate - UK
J@ckRB - UK
Weather - USA
Toothy - USA
MBK - USA
hPerks - Canada
Lichable - France
Lee Zi Xian - Malaysia
Frostfire - USA

Either you're flat out wrong, I'm blind, or you missed someone because I only see 19 people here.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
03 Jul 2016 01:54 #40
the list doesn't include freeziez

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
03 Jul 2016 13:59 #41
Awesome kickoff game guys, wp to both and thanks perky for the write up and video :)

Playoff format (empty atm) can be found here: challonge.com/MBsummer2016playoffs

The top player in the swiss rounds goes to '1', next best to '2' and so on. Because of the way the bracket is arranged, the better you do in the swiss rounds, the worse your opponent(s) will be - so even if you are sure you will make the top 16 and get into the playoffs, you still need to try and get the highest seed possible :) (lowest number).

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
03 Jul 2016 18:05 #42
Swiss Round 1: Freeziez v Frostfire

And the second match of the tournament was played this afternoon, I believe to precede Toothy v Threefolder tonight :)

Game 1
Map: Epicenter, picked by Freez
Score: 161-109 Frost
Overall: 1-0 Frost

Freeziez hit the ground running on Epicenter, a map I had no idea he would pick. We were pretty close for the first 2-3 minutes, and then I started to pull away, snagging an entire center blue spawn. I would beware Freez in the future on this map, he had only 3 less reds than I did and knew how to play the map quite well.

Game 2
Map: Zenith, picked by Frost
Score: 140-74 Frost
Overall: 2-0 Frost

I was debating between archi and zenith, and decided on zenith. Despite some mistakes on my part on this map, Freez didn't pose much of a threat throughout this game, unlike on Epicenter.

Game 3
Map: Ramp Matrix, picked by Freez
Score: 118-48 Frost
Overall: 3-0 Frost wins

An interesting choice by Freeziez, a map that I do not typically play very much. He got the first blue of the match and stayed in range for about a minute, but after that I started to increase my lead at a steady pace for a solid win. Strangely I played best on this map out of all three in the match, even though I have the least experience on it.

GGs Freeziez :)

03 Jul 2016 18:20 #43
toornament tv page: tv.toornament.com/57772d18140ba0677c8b456b (follow on the go)

and gg frost, it's frustrating to lose at something i used to be so good at

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
03 Jul 2016 18:30 #44

freeziez wrote: toornament tv page: tv.toornament.com/57772d18140ba0677c8b456b (follow on the go)

That is very cool! I will have to check that site out myself :)

• Thank you received: 18
04 Jul 2016 03:07 #45
My waking schedule's all over the place and I don't think I can finish my match with Threefold within 26 minutes. Sorry.

It's gonna have to be nudged to tomorrow, 9:00 PM EST... That's okay, right?

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
04 Jul 2016 03:26 - 04 Jul 2016 03:30 #46
I might not be around at 9pm tomorrow, but I'll be here 9pm on Tuesday the 5th.

EDIT: Nevermind, doing it now

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
Last edit: 04 Jul 2016 03:30 by Three.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
04 Jul 2016 03:46 - 04 Jul 2016 03:47 #47
Looks like we're off and running with a great start to the tournament! Great games people :)
All we've seen so far are 3-0 sweeps, strangely, but hopefully Toothy v. Threefolder and me v. Robert, both of which are coming up, will provide a different result :P

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 04 Jul 2016 03:47 by Eguy.

• Thank you received: 18
04 Jul 2016 05:38 #48
Here's some stuff.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
04 Jul 2016 22:46 - 04 Jul 2016 22:50 #49
Swiss Rounds 1: hPerks v Kwill

Kwill and Perks played today, the 6th game of the tournament. (Robert and Eguy also faced off in an epic 3-2 battle with 22 points of difference between them overall - rozi recorded it and will post soon)

The first map chosen was Sprawl by hPerks, where it was clear he knew his stuff. He dominated Kwill, collecting gems faster and cleaner at nearly every spawn. Not much to say here.

The second map was the first selection of Core (by Kwill) this tournament! Wooo! It seemed at first to be a wise choice by Kwill, who led narrowly for the first couple of minutes. There came a point, however, where Kwill had a major dry streak, outscored around 30-5, and he never recovered the deficit that he fell into.

The third and last map was Bowl, selected by hPerks. An interesting selection, as Bowl's spawns can sometimes backfire, it proved to be quite wise and perks was at nearly every spawn before Kwill, collecting 3 or 4 of the 5 gems at each and winning by a solid amount.

gg guys :)
Last edit: 04 Jul 2016 22:50 by Frostfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks

05 Jul 2016 15:59 #50
Standings page is fixed and now shows matches played as well as W/L/T.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
05 Jul 2016 17:28 - 05 Jul 2016 17:29 #51
Swiss Round 1: Robert vs. Eguy

July 4th held the first real exciting match of the 2016 1v1 Tournament! Two very evenly matched players battled fiercely against each other to see who could leave with their first win. The long-time member Eguy was playing against TTOTTS World Record holder Robert. This was the first game to have 5 rounds played, and the crowd went wild over what Eguy managed to do in this match.
Like the editing "freak" that I am, I decided to make use of the captions and do a small commentary thing at the bottom of the screen.

The first map chosen was Blast Club chosen by Robert. Both him and Eguy pulled off some sweet tricks and the majority of the game was very close, either player leading by around 5 points for only a few seconds at a time. Not too long before the 1 minute mark came around, Robert managed to claim a blue gem which put him into the lead by nearly 10 points. As the clock ticked down, Robert strongly held onto his lead and Eguy was gradually falling behind. The ending result was 90-75, giving Robert the first win of t he match.

Eguy's first pick was the gold ol' Tilo. He had picked smartly because he led by more than 10 points for the first minute and a half of the match. Unfortunately for him, Robert got to the back-to-back blue spawns before Eguy could do anything, and in no time he had changed the game from a strong lead from Eguy to a 3 point lead from Robert after 2 minutes had passed. When the 3rd minute had passed, Eguy was back in the lead by more than 5 points only to see that Robert got to a blue spawn before he did 20 seconds later. There was 1 minute left and in the last 15 seconds, Robert had stolen another 2 blues from Eguy. As the time ticked away, Eguy had fallen behind by more than 10 points, and Robert was still slowly increasing his lead. The final score was 119-110, and Robert was leading the entire match 2-0.

Playground was Robert's second pick, but it crashed Tsuf and everyone had to move to Thistle. Robert was looking for a 3rd win to seal up the match, though he did not expect to get it easily...However Robert was confidently leading the 3rd game after 30 seconds had passed, only to find that Eguy caught up with him with 1 minute gone. Eguy continued to rack up points faster than Robert and eventually the tied game turned a 5+ point lead after only 10 seconds. As the first blue had spawned, both players raced towards it, but both missing. Robert then got a very lucky respawn point and spawned right next to the blue. He had stolen the lead from Eguy again! Almost a minute had gone afterwards and Eguy fairly claimed 2 blues from Robert, tying up the game yet again. The game stayed very close until Eguy was ahead by 10 points with 1 minute left. He strongly held his lead for the remainder of the game, giving him his first win in the match with a final score of 125-134.

Game 4 was Zenith which was picked by Eguy. There's not much to be said here. Eguy was playing strong through the entire game and lead for basically the full 5 minutes of playing time. The ending score was 91-114 and Eguy was making an amazing comeback, setting the overall match score to 2-2. I have disappointed all of you with a 4 sentence paragraph!

The final game was chosen by the randomizer, and the last map of the match was the well-known Marble City. Both match participants had a great amount of skill in this map, so everyone knew the last match was going to be a good one. The beginning of the game had the most comedy of the whole match as 2 people had forgotten to spectate. Rozi quickly realized this and afterwards told Toothy about the Alt+C command and a couple seconds later, the match was the way it was supposed to be.
The match was back and forth for nearly the entire match. Eguy had the first lead, Robert caught up, and eventually stole Eguy's lead. After the first minute had passed, Eguy had fallen behind by almost 15 points. 3 minutes left and Eguy had tied the game along with mega marbling Robert more than once. He performed a sweet edge hit to reach the gems above him and in no time, Robert had the lead stolen from him yet again. Half of the final game was gone and he had fallen behind by a solid 10 points. Eguy had claimed a couple blue gems by the 2 minute mark, and he was overpowering Robert by 20 points! There was 1 minute left in the match and Robert had turned on his turbo jets (also known as Speed Boostairs). Unfortunately Eguy had also played much harder than before (or Robert just didn't get enough Speed Boostairs) and the last second had counted down. The final score was 115-129 and Eguy had won the match after being down 2-0!

In the end, both players played amazingly well, and Eguy had taken everyone by surprise! Great game to him and Robert!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 05 Jul 2016 17:29 by Nockess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
05 Jul 2016 20:20 - 06 Jul 2016 13:32 #52
Swiss Round 1: Weather v Regislian

Higuy and MBK also played today. Freez is doing the write-up on that one, and Freez also recorded that one AND this one, so you will have to wait for him for the videos.

Regi gave Weather first pick in a show of good sportsmanship, and Weather used it to select Triumvirate, claiming that he 'didn't even know if he was good on this map'. It turned out he was pretty decent, staying 10-15 points behind regi for most of the game, though regi gradually started to pull away towards the end. Regi won 87-53.

I'd already written down 'Epi' on my piece of paper when regi picked Architecture, a shocking selection :o It proved, however, to be a very smart choice, as Weather struggled to move around the map, both from floor to floor and across the small, finicky platforms. Weather fell into a 35-1 deficit at the beginning of the game, but rose out of it to pull the game into a respectable situation. Final score was 166-52 for regi.

Weather's second selection was something of a surprise too, as he chose Marble It Up. I (maybe other people too) was expecting a less-played map, but Weather seemed to know what he was doing on this map, staying even with regi for the first two minutes. After that, regi began to slowly pull away, until the last minute when he blew his lead open a bit and wound up with a 113-70 win. Regi wins 3-0. One notable stat was that regi barely defeated weather in both reds and yellows on this map; he won 6-0 on blues. Be wary of Weather in the future on this one!

ggs guys :)
Last edit: 06 Jul 2016 13:32 by Frostfire. Reason: typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Regislian, Weather, Xedron

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
06 Jul 2016 16:52 - 06 Jul 2016 16:57 #53
Swiss Round 1: J@ckRB v Nature Freak

Jack and NF faced off yesterday in the final game of the day, leaving just one more game to be played in the first round (tue v lichie).

Jack got the first pick from the random command and he selected Sprawl. However, halfway through the match, NF was leading by some 50 points due to Jack's massive lag attack, and eventually Jack DC'd out of Thistle. NF, the good sport that he is, chose to gave Jack a redo when he could have taken a game 1 win. Kudos to spaghetti!
So we switched to tsuf, and thistle was going berserk as well as Jack's nets, and began the match again. This time around lagless Jack dominated spaghetti, outpacing him to most spawns and collecting the gems more cleanly. Spaghetti put up a solid showing but was simply outplayed, dropping game 1 175-89.

After this rather brutal defeat spaghetti chose his favorite map, Triple Decker. Both players started out even but after about 45 seconds or so spaghetti turned it on. Through numerous excellent plays by him and a few mistakes by jack, he began to pull away, and led by about 15 for a minute and a half. At some point, however, Jack changed directions of the match quite quickly in just a few spawns, collecting every gem with speed. Spaghetti seemed lost for 20-25 seconds and he was never able to climb back out of the hole he fell into, losing game 2 127-85.

Jack selected Bowl for his second map and certainly played well on it, with lots of nice grabs and a general energy getting to and from spawns that spaghetti seemed to lack. Jack was grabbing most of the spawns and then collecting a speed booster, leaving spaghetti to pick up the remainders and head towards the next spawn powerup-less. As on Sprawl, Jack got an early lead and continued to extend it until he won the game (and match), 124-76 (and 3-0)

gg guys :)
Last edit: 06 Jul 2016 16:57 by Frostfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
07 Jul 2016 18:28 - 07 Jul 2016 18:34 #54
Conclusion of Swiss Round 1

There are still a couple of write-ups to be done and videos to be posted, but today Tue and Lichable faced off in an epic 3-2 battle which came down to the final seconds of Game 5. hPerks recorded it and will writing it up, so I will leave it to him to display the results...

The standings page can be found at challonge.com/MBsummer2016 as always. You will notice that Tue v Lichable has NOT been updated - once I update it, Round 2 will be drawn automatically, so I will update it at 9am EST this upcoming Saturday for the live drawing. Hope to see you there :)

The way that the Swiss Rounds work is that it matches you up with a close opponent - so in round 2, all losers will play losers and all winners will play winners. The winners (1-10) and losers (11-20) are ranked among themselves by tiebreakers, specifically the third tiebreaker, Points Differential, which you can see on the far right-hand side of the standings. Players are ranked first by 'Score' (wins), then by the three tiebreakers.

And last but not least, a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who is participating in the tournament - WE PLAYED ALL TEN MATCHES with a day and a half to spare! It is fantastic that everyone is being responsible and setting up times for their games. Keep it up all :)

Tomorrow there will be no tourney action, but sit tight - the drawing of Round 2 is Saturday morning, 9 EST. Looking forward to more excellent games!
Last edit: 07 Jul 2016 18:34 by Frostfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Lichable, Nockess

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
07 Jul 2016 22:38 #55
Google Sheet which tells you your chances of being drawn against every player in the next round. Rounds 3, 4 and 5 will be updated when upcoming rounds end.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A05OYbZ3...t7Q/edit?usp=sharing

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
09 Jul 2016 13:08 #56
SECOND ROUND IS DRAWN!

challonge.com/MBsummer2016

Place your bets and get hyped everyone!

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
10 Jul 2016 16:21 - 10 Jul 2016 16:22 #57
Wow what a game! While it sucks that things got into an argument during the match, its good that it was resolved and there was a massive display of skill from both sides. Also, I think the reason Frosty didn't go for the blue at the end of zenith was because of PTSD. (Skip to 28 min mark)

:P :P

-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 10 Jul 2016 16:22 by Eguy.

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
11 Jul 2016 01:19 - 11 Jul 2016 01:20 #58
Swiss Rd 2: Eguy vs. hPerks - 2016 Summer 1v1 Tournament

Accidentally messed up the order, the last comes in first, the first last..

On Vortex Effect following a player didn't work somehow.
Last edit: 11 Jul 2016 01:20 by Regislian.

• Thank you received: 198
12 Jul 2016 08:50 #59
MBK still hasn't replied to my email. So I'm putting the time when I can play here. (In case he sees it.)

Day : Friday or Sunday
Time : 6pm to 9pm for Friday (MBK's time: 4am to 7am)
9am to 9pm for Sunday (MBK's time: 7pm to 7am)

Gosh timezones :/

lee is awesome

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
12 Jul 2016 21:23 #60
9am sunday your time is right on the deadline lee. Too late.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.539 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.