file 2016 Summer 1v1 Tournament

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
30 Jul 2016 01:13 #91

Toothy wrote: Of course, there's nothing I can do about it. A lose is a lose and a win is a win. I don't want to get all up on my internet provider just because my ping constantly ruins the game for me... I'm not sure how I could explain that to them without looking like a crazy person.

Try running an mtr test and see where the lag is coming from. Instructions for windows here , set the host to 'tsuf.marbleblast.com' or 'higuy.me' for the dedicated servers. This should show where the lag is coming from in your route to the servers.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: Toothy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Frostfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
30 Jul 2016 12:53 #92
Final round was drawn. Top 16 players make the playoffs.

im so sorry toothy and spaghetti
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Toothy

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
02 Aug 2016 15:36 #93
Sorry about the delay for these write-ups.

Swiss Rd 4 Jackrb vs Kalle29 2016 Summer 1v1 Tournament:

Jackrb got the first pick and he chose Bowl. he took a small lead about a minute in to the game, but with about 2 minutes left Kalle started coming back. They were about tied when the last minute started, then Kalle took a bit of a lead and with that the win. (0) Jackrb 110 - (1) Kalle 121

Kalle picked SBR next, as expected. Another very exciting match, in which Kalle took the lead early on but with about a minute left Jackrb managed to take the lead. With 30 seconds left Jackrb made a bad mistake which cost him the win. (0) Jackrb 79 - (2) Kalle29 85

Next, Jackrb chose Tilo, expecting to have a good chance on that level. But.. Kalle went ham, not much more I can say about that. (0) Jackrb 92 - (3) Kalle29 136

Well played guys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, J@ckRB

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
02 Aug 2016 15:36 #94
Swiss Rd 5 hPerks vs. Frostfire- 2016 Summer 1v1 Tournament:

hPerks got the first pick, he picked Sprawl, on which he already had beaten Frostfire twice in the warm-up, seemed like an obvious choice. That backfired, since Frostfire took the lead from the very start, and even though hPerks got close, Frostfire managed to keep the lead and win. (0) hPerks 134 - (1) Frostfire 147

Then Frostfire picked Architecture. hPerks had been practicing that level a lot before the match, which clearly paid off. With 2 minutes hPerks was up by 20. Frostfire tried to come back but barely fell short. (1) hPerks 128 - (1) Frostfire 123

Next hPerks chose Horizon, one of his favourites. Frostfire took the lead early on, and with a shocking 12 to 0 blues managed to win. (1) hPerks 104 - (2) Frostfire 145

Frostfire then picked Vortex Effect. He took the lead early on, at 2:30 he was leading by about 30 points. Then he made a bad mistake by waiting on the other side of the level for hPerks to collect a gem spawn, only to see the next gem spawn appearing at the same spot the previous one was. This made the game about even, and hPerks managed to grab the win in the end. (2) hPerks 111 - (2) Frostfire - 107

Then it was the randomizers turn to choose the last level. It chose Ramp Matrix, a level hPerks clearly wasn't prepared for. Frostfire took the lead and kept it the entire game. (2) hPerks 84 - (3) Frostfire 103

Well played guys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
05 Aug 2016 04:27 - 05 Aug 2016 18:34 #95
Swiss Round 5: Threefolder vs Freeziez

Video heads up: NFSW language and lots of trance in the background

I expected this round to be close, but not like this. As freeziez said after the round, "I was shaking the whole time." I imagine Threefolder was shaking fairly intensely during this too.

Freeziez got first pick and chose Megas, to which Threefolder responded "my best is 38." Although pretty close, Threefolder kept up a small lead through the first half of the round. The two seemed pretty easily matched, neither managing to really pull away with the points. Threefolder looked like he had the map in the bad, but then Freeziez stole two blues in a row, right out from under his nose, and it went back to being anyone's game. Some coarse words followed in voice chat, but Threefolder managed to end up on top, by just barely stealing the last red gem from Freeziez to prevent a tie. Final scores were 106 - 104.

Coarse language was spread all around, but Threefolder stuck to it and picked Sacred for his first pick of the match. He felt pretty confident about his abilities on it, and with a good first few spawns, things looked like they were going his way. Both players missed the same blue gem more than four times together, and Threefolder felt confident, up 20 points after a minute and a half. Pulling some D strats, he seemed so set on the win that Freeziez commented "gg" in chat. Threefolder's response? "I'm fine with beating him 65-46." Things looked in Threefolder favor until Freeziez pulled out a nice spawn abuse and was closer to the blue on the next spawn. With 30 seconds left the scores were tied, and it became anyone's game again. Threefolder started going crazy trying to collect the gems, and only managed to squeak out a victory, 91 - 90. Things were not looking well for Freeziez.

With some hesitation, Freeziez decides to go with Basic Agility Course for his second pick. Will this be his last level? Of course not, you can see how long this write-up is, and probably already know the result by now. One minute in, and Threefolder starts freaking out about gems not appearing on his radar as Freeziez steals blue after blue. Freeziez keeping it cool, with Threefolder desperately Super Jumping to the various gems and going out of bounds. With 1:30 left, Freeziez is up 17 points. This doesn't bode well for Threefolder, who clearly voiced it with a "Good [happy sprinkle donuts] game." Misses and gem steals all over the place, Threefolder takes a nosedive, with Freeziez winning 143 - 100.

With no idea for his second pick, Threefolder goes with Marble it Up, calling it "The only map I'm slightly [happy sprinkle donuts] decent at, that isn't Sacred." Freeziez found his skills again, as Threefolder started making lots of little mistakes that were going to cost him. Regardless of how angry he was getting, he was keeping the scores pretty close... at least for the first minute. With 3:30 to go, Freeziez was up by 10 and Threefolder started having trouble landing his jumps. The two were neck and neck for quite some time, but the pressure was really getting to Threefolder. At 1:45, Freeziez starting pulling away with multiple blue steals. After the third blue, Threefolder rage quit, leaving Freeziez some free points to bring the scores to a nasty 117 - 79.

The randomizer, cruel as always, picked the final map of Architecture. Starting off badly with a mistimed gryocopter, things did not bode well for Threefolder. Freeziez started guessing spawns well, keeping a few points in the lead. Threefolder remarked how was "already on the ramp because he's [happy sprinkle donus] magical." After a pretty terrible couple misses and another bad gyrocopter, Threefolder was losing 58-36. Freeziez pulled a partial D strat (lowercase d?), but ended up taking the last red anyway. Was it a smart move? It probably didn't matter, because he was up 79-59 after a blue steal, with 2:00 left on the clock. Even with a two blue steals, Threefolder still wasn't quite able to pull back from Freeziez's lead in time. With 20 seconds on the clock, he got torn to pieces by the ice fans. Nearly 5 seconds left on the clock and he's down 4. A blue appears in the distance. He shoots for it... ... ... ... ... and overshoots just slightly, missing it. Freeziez barely wins, 110 - 106.

Final reactions:
Threefolder: "[Happy sprinkle donuts] multiplayer, I'm never playing it again"
Freeziez: "I was shaking most of all 5 maps. Cost me Megas"

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 05 Aug 2016 18:34 by HiGuy.

• Thank you received: 406
05 Aug 2016 13:07 #96
You have NO IDEA how much I am salivating right now for happy sprinkle donuts.
Well done everyone, especially Threefolder for powering through all five matches. That must have taken a lot of determination.

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
06 Aug 2016 00:43 - 06 Aug 2016 00:45 #97
Swiss Round 5: J@ckrb vs. Tue27

It was one of the most even match-ups of the entire round, and it certainly showed throughout the games. Two skilled players who both showed great potential to get some great matches. After an incredibly even warm-up match where both players took turns leading by single digits (up until the end, when Jack started to get away from Tue) this thought proved to be right.

Tue27 has gotten the first pick due to the worse record, and took barely any time to pick his first map, which was Horizon. The final scores on this map can greatly differ with the use of superspeeds and strategy, as well as the most-dreaded double blue spawn near the bottom corner of the map. The match, however, saw Jack taking a 8-4 lead taking the majority of the red gems. However, a big yellow gem spawn appeared right next to Tue's position, and used it to his advantage with a nice helicopter move, and he was quickly able to evaporate Jack's lead.

Then, after a few small red gem spawns around the map, along with a crucial blue gem steal at 3:30, J@ckrb was able to get a satisfying 11 point lead ahead of Tue. Tue was able to get back with a couple nice blue gem grabs, but stayed just around 10 points behind Jack for the rest of the match. Jack started to carry away near the end and leaving Tue behind, the final score being 111-90 and a 1-0 win for J@ckrb

Jack's first pick was Bowl. A somewhat unpopular pick in this tournament so far. The match started off with Jack getting the luckiest spawns of the entire tournament (as well as a blue spawn to start the game off... :huh: ) and gave him a huge boost in the first minute, leading by over 20 with 4:00 left. However after a while, Tue began to get his momentum back and catch up to Jack, but was never quite able to eliminate the early lead Jack had build up. The final score was 128-99 win for J@ckrb and a confident 2-0 lead.

Tue's last pick was Marble City, a map quite frequently requested in this tournament so far. Just like Bowl, Tue started with a good start grabbing the first blue spawn. After a while, Jack began dominating on yellows and reds. (Fun fact: There were 7 blue gems in the entire game) and Tue once again was never able to turn around the big deficit he faced. The final score was 139-109

Sorry for the short write-up this time, after a while they start getting a bit boring and time-consuming, I was also pretty tired today, but hopefully you can understand :cheer:

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
Last edit: 06 Aug 2016 00:45 by Xedron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Tue27, hPerks

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
06 Aug 2016 13:08 #98
The Swiss Rounds have ended and the playoffs seedings have been earned! Congratulations to everyone who made it through, and better luck next time to all those who didn't. Final standings of Swiss Rounds: challonge.com/MBsummer2016 .

Kwill, Lichable, Toothy have been eliminated. Thanks for participating guys :)

MBK has been disqualified for lack of participation.

Which means... playoff time!

challonge.com/MBsummer2016playoffs

That's the official bracket. Some interesting matchups indeed...

There are two important rules that will take effect in the playoffs that need to be remembered:

1. Lower (worse - higher number) seed gets first map pick. (16 gets first pick v 1, etc)
2. Games are first to 4 wins instead of first to 3. (except the final, which is first to 5)

Good luck all! The stakes are raised - if you lose, you're out! Have fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Lichable, Robert

• Thank you received: 11
06 Aug 2016 15:01 #99
GGs guys, I had a lot of fun playing this tournament!
Silly I had to take the loss for last round, I guess I would have passed the playoff :)
Best of luck to all of you for the rest of the tournament!

• Thank you received: 4
06 Aug 2016 23:07 #100
why is 3f moved to playoffs if he just FF's first match, why not replaced

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
07 Aug 2016 00:22 #101
I agree with freeziez, let kwill take 3f's place

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
07 Aug 2016 00:27 #102
3f was already in the playoffs before he quit. This could have been avoided if 3f had let me know that he was quitting, but I had no notice of it before the drawing, so he remained in the 13 seed.

• Kalle29
07 Aug 2016 11:40 #103
first match

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Thank you received: 18
07 Aug 2016 18:56 - 07 Aug 2016 22:29 #104
GGs to all, I have thoroughly enjoyed participating in this tournament and feel my skills have massively developed. Some strange matchups, but every game was enjoyed and I feel I luckily ended up in a decent position overall.

Looking forward to next year's tournament, I will hopefully have much more skill and luck by then so will be interesting to see the outcome. :)
Thanks also to Frostfire for hosting.

My prediction for the final - Frostfire 5 - 3 Higuy (Thanks perks, didn't notice that impossibility)
Last edit: 07 Aug 2016 22:29 by Tue27. Reason: Changed prediction
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Frostfire

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
07 Aug 2016 22:38 - 08 Aug 2016 00:11 #105
Unfortunately I can't bet in this tournament but here are my predictions for the outcome

Round of 16

-Frost beats Tue
-This is a very tough one...but I will say that El_Robert will win 4-2 against Regi.
-3f the pleb already forfeit (just kidding keep making great levels :P ) and hPerks wins
-Higuy beats NatureFreak
-Kalle beats Weather
-MBOUltimate beats Lee

Quarterfinals

-Frost beats El_Robert
-hPerks beats Eguy, but Eguy can still manage to get to 4-1 or 4-2 if he plays strong.
-Higuy beats J@ckrb
-Another really tough match...but I would give it to Kalle by one game.

Semifinals

-Frost beats hPerks with a 4-2 win, but hPerks has a small chance.
-Higuy beats Kalle in a very close 4-3 match

Finals

-Frost beats Higuy, but I'm not going to 100% rule Higuy out yet...he's gotten insanely good recently and got a huge upset over Kalle in the swiss rounds, so maybe he can show some impressive showings :)

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
Last edit: 08 Aug 2016 00:11 by Xedron. Reason: Why am I predicting my own game -.-

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
08 Aug 2016 17:27 #106
Xedron vs Kwill:

Marble City (1) Xedron 110 - (0) Kwill 105
Horizon (2) Xedron 122 - (0) Kwill 102
Ramps Reloaded (3) Xedron 128 - (0) Kwill 55

• Thank you received: 146
12 Aug 2016 18:53 #107
It was really fun to participate in this tournament and I'm very excited for the next one :) . Thank you Frosty for hosting it and good luck to everyone who's still in.

Little idea I got... What do you guys think about a huge multiplayer party after the tournament is over?

:>

12 Aug 2016 18:57 #108
I would participate only if ratings were on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
13 Aug 2016 01:55 - 17 Aug 2016 19:05 #109
Round 1 of the playoffs is over. Congrats to everyone who advanced, and thanks to all those who didn't! Remaining players and their opponents in the upcoming round:

(1) Frostfire v (9) Regislian
(5) Eguy v (4) hPerks
(7) J@ckRB v (2) HiGuy
(3) Kalle v (6) MBOUltimate

Good luck all :)
Last edit: 17 Aug 2016 19:05 by Frostfire.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
13 Aug 2016 12:47 #110
J@ckRB v Xedron

An intense 4-3 match between the 7 and 10 seeds in the first round of the playoffs. Congratulations to Jack for pulling it off, but a very well-fought game from Xedron as well.

Please watch Vortex, it is a crazy intense game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB

15 Aug 2016 01:57 #111
Well I guess I should have theoretically put this here before now... Sorry folks.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
17 Aug 2016 19:01 #112
Quartefinals are over, and here are the semifinal matchups:

(1) Frostfire v (4) hPerks

(7) J@ckRB v (3) Kalle

Well done to all the survivors (especially Jack for ousting the 2 seed!), and we had some very hard-fought matches from the losers, especially Regislian and MBOUltimate who lost 3-4.

Semis can be played ANY TIME from now until the deadline on the 27th. Good luck to all!

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
18 Aug 2016 02:28 - 18 Aug 2016 02:28 #113
Higuy vs Jackrb

Bowl (1) Higuy 138 - Jackrb 112 (0)
Ring (1) Higuy 107 - Jackrb 118 (1)
Tilo (1) Higuy 101 - Jackrb 109 (2)
Marble Agility Course (2) Higuy 94 - Jackrb 76 (2)
Spires (2) Higuy 65 - Jackrb 87 (3)
Par Pit (2) Higuy 101 - Jackrb 123 (4)
Last edit: 18 Aug 2016 02:28 by Regislian.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
18 Aug 2016 11:15 #114
Regislian v El Robert (first round)

Regi wins 4-3. Watch Archi and Tilo, intense games (especially Tilo).

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
23 Aug 2016 11:00 #115
Kalle v MBO, quarterfinals:

Watch SBR and Spires and Ring.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
24 Aug 2016 08:45 #116
Just a little question, about the videos : why is there no sound/music?

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Kalle29
24 Aug 2016 12:18 #117
Some of the videos do have sound, it's just that many of us play without sound or with music, instead of the ingame sounds.

24 Aug 2016 12:53 #118
Additionally, some of our screen recorders do not support sound output which is what happened to me.

• Kalle29
24 Aug 2016 22:40 #119
lol 3 parts because twitch freaked out

• Kalle29
25 Aug 2016 00:55 #120
new match today

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.094 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.