file 2017 Summer Tournament

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
More
19 Aug 2017 18:50 #151 by Kalle29
Replied by Kalle29 on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
The first time I was at a tournament IRL I lost every single match. I got destroyed 6-0 in pools and got eliminated from the tournament, but I didn't get discouraged, I came back and tried to do better. At the end of the day we all have different reasons for playing comptetitively, but if the only thing you like is winning, then you're gonna have a bad time, no one wins everything. Take this as you will.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire, CylinderKnot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MBOUltimate
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Personal text
More
22 Aug 2017 15:36 #152 by MBOUltimate
Replied by MBOUltimate on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
Overall, while my ending to the tournament was a bit disappointing I've learned a lot from last year and this years competitions. The system used was a lot easier this year then whatever that Buchholz thingy was last year and all.

Good luck to everyone going forward in the playoffs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire, Tue27, Nockess, Xedron, CylinderKnot

• FUBAR_WHERe
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • :D
More
22 Aug 2017 18:50 #153 by FUBAR_WHERe
Replied by FUBAR_WHERe on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
I didn't make it as far as last year this time but I can't say I didn't have fun. I had some very fun and close matches this time. Even and the match that eliminated me was close. HUGE thank you to Frosty for hosting another tournament for the community and good luck to everyone still in it.

:>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire, Xedron, CylinderKnot

• hPerks
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • getting the joj done
More
23 Aug 2017 11:02 #154 by hPerks
Replied by hPerks on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
hPerks 4-0 Macstr0yer
2017-08-23 6:30 AM to 7:00 AM, EST.

Maximo Center: hPerks 185-112
Gems in the Road: hPerks 135-77
Tilo: hPerks 152-74
Sweep: hPerks 139-81

take THAT upsets :P

"it's funny how the super monkey ball game without monkeys is the one that attracts more furries" - eblu 2018

Watch my videos here! - NEW: av'is levels: the movie!
Download my levels here! - NEW: Specific Gravity
Listen to my music here! - NEW: Memory Lane

More
27 Aug 2017 22:25 #155 by Lichable
Replied by Lichable on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
The tournament is over for me after loosing against Rosie, but I think I had a lot of fun this year playing the tournament : close matches, friendly opponents etc...
Thanks to frosty for the organisation and the time he spent doing everything so that the competition could go one without any problem.
And just a word to Ralph, my first mp tournament was 3 or 4 years ago (in 2014 or 2015 I think) and I got completely destroyed by players like RC, and I also felt frustrated and like a complete noob even though I was playing the game for 3 years already. I just practiced a bit, and even if I today I just play occasionnally the bit of practice paid and I managed to go futher in the competition, just don't give up =)
Good luck to those who are still in the game!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire, Eguy, Nockess, Xedron, CylinderKnot

More
02 Sep 2017 21:17 #156 by Tue27
Replied by Tue27 on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
That's me finished for the year. Ggs to all I have played, I enjoyed every match and learnt a lot from the tournament. The system used this year was certainly better than last year's, a much larger proportion of matches were close leading to fun games and plenty of HYPE. Looking forward to next year :)

Thanks to Frosty for organising another tourney and good luck to all those still participating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy, Frostfire, Nockess

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
More
04 Sep 2017 21:20 #157 by Kalle29
Replied by Kalle29 on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
GGs, Xedron. 4-1 is telling, not even close in the end. GL those of you who are left, esp hP since I have my bets on you winning the whole thing.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire, hPerks, Xedron

• Xedron
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
More
10 Sep 2017 02:01 #158 by Xedron
Replied by Xedron on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
I got my ass kicked. That's not what matters. I met every goal I wanted to meet this year, I can't regret anything this tourney. It's really been a blast. Btw perks, no hard feelings, you didn't mean it. I look forward to seeing the final two matches.

I'm just gonna say what everyone else said, huge thanks to Frostfire for organizing this tournament through lots of frustration following last year, you are one of the reasons this community is still thriving and having a great time playing one of the best games ever.

GL to Perks and Higuy/Rosie in the finals.

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire, hPerks, Nockess, Weather, CylinderKnot

More
18 Sep 2017 01:13 - 18 Sep 2017 01:47 #159 by Nockess
Replied by Nockess on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
I'll repeat what Xedron said. I got my ass kicked.
Fault Line was incredibly stupid and I basically gave up after Perks got three blues in the first 10 seconds, but whatever. It was doomed to fail. :P

I didn't expect to make it as far as the finals, and cheers to Frostfire for rigging the tournament so I'd get the top seed everyone who I battled in the playoffs. There were some really tough games you all played, so very nice job to Lichable, MBC, and HiGuy.
Kudos to Frostfire for setting up and managing another tournament. I had a blast!

And of course, I can't go away without saying congratulations to hPerks for winning the tournament! You played a fantastic match and you deserve the title. I'll get the trophy next year. :)

Narcissism alert. I denied hPerks his clean sweep.

First player ever to get all of the Awesome Times.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2017 01:47 by Nockess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks, CylinderKnot

• hPerks
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • getting the joj done
More
18 Sep 2017 01:55 - 18 Sep 2017 01:56 #160 by hPerks
Replied by hPerks on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
Fault Line sucks

"it's funny how the super monkey ball game without monkeys is the one that attracts more furries" - eblu 2018

Watch my videos here! - NEW: av'is levels: the movie!
Download my levels here! - NEW: Specific Gravity
Listen to my music here! - NEW: Memory Lane
Last edit: 18 Sep 2017 01:56 by hPerks. Reason: Congrats to Rosie for a match well played and for her stellar performance throughout, and huge thanks to Frost for a great job organizing this tournament and keeping up the hYP all the way through :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess, CylinderKnot

• CylinderKnot
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • 2D > 3D
More
18 Sep 2017 02:00 - 18 Sep 2017 02:01 #161 by CylinderKnot
Replied by CylinderKnot on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
Congratulations on winning the 2017 Summer Gem Hunt Tournament, hPerks! Do you have any wise words for the other competitors and audience to hear?

"Yes, I do."

Tell us a few words, then! Tell us something that you want everyone to learn for the next tournament.

hPerks wrote:
Fault Line sucks

That is it for the winner's interview. Thanks for tuning in to PQ TV, and we'll see you next time!

i wanted rosie to win, but gg you deserved it

Gem Hunt is based on score, not time.
Awesome SCORES, not TIMES...
Last edit: 18 Sep 2017 02:01 by CylinderKnot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
More
18 Sep 2017 02:28 #162 by Eguy
Replied by Eguy on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
Grats to hPerks for sealing up the title as the favorite! Well deserved I bet and sorry I wasn't there to provide my epic presence and commentate (lul) but at least I did last year (hah). I'm sure HP had got some practice on fault line now...and can't wait to see how plat construction turned out -- naturally my main (wo)man Rosie deserves some applause for making it this far. Let's see if she can pull a 2016 frosty and win after losing in the finals (hopefully not cause I'm participating :D)

The HyPp has come to a close but not for long!

~Eguy

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
More
18 Sep 2017 02:55 #163 by J@ckRB
Replied by J@ckRB on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
Grats to Perks for winning the whole thing, and for Rosie for putting up a great fight to make an entertaining finale match.
Also thanks Frostfire as always for organising the tournament as always, gives me motivation to keep on practicing the game.
Well done everyone who participated and good luck next year

And uh, yeah I reached the Quarterfinals which is about as far as I expected to go, but hey no complaints here overall. Luck plays and will always play a part but a healthy slice of skill is always on show in these games.
And well, come back next year with more experience and knowledge and try to go one better, as always.

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• Threefolder
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
More
18 Sep 2017 03:03 #164 by Threefolder
Replied by Threefolder on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
Wait it's over?

/s

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

More
18 Sep 2017 16:07 - 18 Sep 2017 16:11 #165 by Nockess
Replied by Nockess on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
Throwing this out quickly for anyone who wasn't online during the finals. Cheers to Whirligig for streaming and recording.

First game starts at 24:09.
www.twitch.tv/videos/175591542

First player ever to get all of the Awesome Times.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2017 16:11 by Nockess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro, Frostfire, CylinderKnot

More
19 Sep 2017 11:39 #166 by Aayrl
Replied by Aayrl on topic 2017 Summer Tournament
Congratulations to all who participated in the tournament!

As with the previous tournament, I have gone ahead and granted special web-achievements and titles depending on how well you finished in the tournament! Keep in mind all rewards are inclusive (e.g., hPerks will have all of the achievements listed below). I added one extra achievement this year due to how the bracket works, as you'll see below:

All Participants: Achievement and the 'Private' Prefix Title.

T9 and Above: Achievement and the 'Corporal' Prefix Title, and all subsequent achievements and titles.

T5 and Above: Achievement and the 'Sergeant' Prefix title, and all subsequent achievements and titles.

T3 and Above: Achievement and the 'Officer' Prefix title, and all subsequent achievements and titles.

Winner: Achievement, 'Commander' Prefix title, and the blue trophy flair icon, as well as all subsequent achievements and titles.

Enjoy!
~Aayrl
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, MBCollector672, Nockess, Xedron

Moderators: Kalle29AayrlRegislian