file 2018 Winter Singleplayer Tournament

• MikeSan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Feb 2018 16:42 #31
nuuuuuuu rip egy ;-;

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
11 Feb 2018 04:40 #32
;-;

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
The following user(s) said Thank You: CylinderKnot

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
17 Feb 2018 18:44 - 17 Feb 2018 18:45 #33
Choked :(

Thanks for organizing this, eplipswich!

And good luck to everyone still in the tournament!
Last edit: 17 Feb 2018 18:45 by Regislian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eplipswich, Robert

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
18 Feb 2018 00:23 #34
Major choke on Bag of Secrets that would've gotten me 3rd place (had I finished with the unofficial time I got afterwards) than dead last. So many excuses I could make but I was about ready to be done with the tournament anyway.

Good luck to the remaining participants.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
The following user(s) said Thank You: eplipswich, Robert

• eplipswich
  • eplipswich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 24
18 Feb 2018 02:22 - 18 Feb 2018 02:23 #35
We're down to the Top 5 now as we come into Week 7: the second-last week of the tourney as we welcome the first 11 Expert levels! This is the week where players will battle for the coverted Top 3 spots to reach the final! Who will make it there?

That being said, just some things to note of:
1) Frozen Flames is a level that requires Blast, so Blast is allowed only in this level. Hence, make sure to configure your Blast accordingly.
2) Polymorphism is a MFPL level, so the same rules apply with regard to that.
And now, the Week 6 report.

Week 6 has once again seen an upset, but has also seen a consistency in the Top 3 players.

Xedron reclaims top spot with a time of 843.17s. Despite him screwing up in Waves of the Dark, his 5 best records, including his specialty in Child's Play (being the only person to get all gems there), allowed him to prevail.

Not close behind is IncanLlama, who also got 5 best records (tying with Xedron for most best records in Week 6) and finished in 2nd with a time of 855.48s. This incredible performance includes a near WR time of 34.26s at Waves in the Dark.

And in 3rd place is hPerks with a time of 908.12s. Despite his performance slipping a little here (Week 6 isn't his favorite week), he did pull off a decent enough performance to finish in the podium, though his time is not far from the next two players' times...

Coming in at 4th, about 2 seconds behind with a time of 911.13s is El_Robert. Once again, his strategy to play first prevails for him as it was enough to get him to Week 7. Fun trivia: This also makes him the only player to make it to Top 5 in both Singleplayer tourneys. Well done! Will he make history once again by becoming the only player to make it to Top 3 in both tourneys?

And here comes the upset. Tue27 would live another day once again, finishing 5th (the last man to survive) with a time of 913.82s. This also makes him the first player in this tourney to be the last man to survive the previous week and not be elminated the next week. Lady Luck has certainly shone on him in Week 6, but will Lady Luck continue to shine on him in Week 7 with only the Top 3 players making it to the final week?

Unfortunately, we have to say goodbye to Regislian and Rosie, two top players who surprisingly finished in the bottom 2 (6th and 7th) with times of 936.43s and 1002.77s respectively. Regislian's run in Lost Islands and Rosie's run in Bag of Secrets are what cost them, showing that there's absolutely no room for errors this late in the tourney. But such is how the tourney goes, and I hope both of you at least enjoyed the tourney, even if it's to some extent. Thanks for your participation, and we hope to see you in next year's Singleplayer tourney!

Notorious levels: Lost Islands, Bag of Secrets, Cannon Sniper
Last Man Safe: Tue27
Eliminated: Regislian, Rosie

And here are the Top 3 for each chart after Week 6:

Rank Average
1) Xedron [2.2]
1) hPerks [2.3]
3) IncanLlama [4.8]

No. of Best Records
1) Xedron [28]
2) IncanLlama [11]
3) hPerks & Rosie [10]

Best Average-Time Difference
1) Xedron [568.67]
2) hPerks [395.62]
3) IncanLlama [268.62]
Last edit: 18 Feb 2018 02:23 by eplipswich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CylinderKnot

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
17 Mar 2018 18:23 #36
GGs everyone, tourney was really fun. Special thanks to eplipswich for doing an amazing job hosting the tournament which obviously isn't easy to do. Definitely had a different approach to this tournament than I did with the last one, spending more time executing every run as opposed to last year just practicing the ones that seemed hard to me. That definitely helped out in the long run. GG to both hPerks and MBOUltimate for making it into the finals, really had a blast.

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
The following user(s) said Thank You: eplipswich, CylinderKnot

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
17 Mar 2018 20:11 #37
Congrats, Xeef, on winning the tournament. I was rooting for the underdog but it's about time you win something as big as this. Well done!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xedron

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
17 Mar 2018 20:48 #38
Way to go, Xedron; I knew you could do it after beating so many world records on the Leaderboards nowadays!

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xedron

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
20 Mar 2018 02:11 #39
I knew it. I just knew it. Even though Xedron's victory in and of itself wasn't surprising, his gameplay that resulted in the victory still stunned me. It's better than anything I could ever do, and it will always be that way. Excellent work, Xedron. You deserved it.

Thank you, eplipswich, for hosting this fun tournament, and I'd like to thank everyone for making this enjoyable!

Signature

• Thank you received: 368
06 Apr 2018 11:57 - 06 Apr 2018 11:58 #40
Congratulations to all who participated in the tournament! Apologies for the delay on awarding these!

I considered the extra achievements, but seeing how Xedron won all the categories, I figured I'd just stick with the same format as previous tournaments! Keep in mind all rewards are inclusive (e.g., Xedron will have all of the achievements listed below):

All Participants: Achievement and 'the Cold' Suffix Title.

Survived to Week 4: Achievement and the 'Chill' Prefix Title, and all subsequent achievements and titles.

Survived to Week 7: Achievement and the 'Arctic' Prefix title, and all subsequent achievements and titles.

Winner: Achievement, 'the Most Maniacal' Suffix title, and the green trophy flair icon, as well as all subsequent achievements and titles.

You should see achievements and titles added to your account as of twenty minutes ago.

Enjoy!
~Aayrl
Last edit: 06 Apr 2018 11:58 by Aayrl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro, Tue27, obee58, Xedron

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.919 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.