file 2018 Summer Multiplayer Tournament

• Dave_the_Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
14 Jun 2018 18:53 #31
Sure, I will do it! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sefaroooooooooo
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 20
15 Jun 2018 16:48 - 15 Jun 2018 17:06 #32
I would like to join, without spamming the thread with 100 lines of whitespace!
Last edit: 15 Jun 2018 17:06 by hPerks. Reason: ily seef

• CyberMedium
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • :thonking:
  • Thank you received: 0
16 Jun 2018 09:13 #33
Sign me up!

Ukrainian boi
CyberMedium

• Yoshicraft224
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
18 Jun 2018 04:22 #34
i guess i'm here too

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
20 Jun 2018 20:58 - 21 Jun 2018 00:39 #35
[1:30 PM] CylinderKnot (17.59% Tetris GM): Remember when Frostfire did recaps of matches that recently happened?
I'll do one.

Rosie 3-2 CylinderKnot

I went into the match prepared to pick maps that I wasn't very good at, but still hoping that I could manage to sneak in a win for both of those games. Turns out I was wrong for the most part. The funny thing about this match is that neither player won on their map choice.

Game 1:
CK's first pick was Tilo which I hadn't played a normal 1v1 game on in quite a long time, but I've been pretty good on it in the past so it was nice to see the way I performed here. Despite the fact that CK isn't someone like RC or Frostfire in their prime, he still put up a decent fight. For the most part, we were neck and neck for quite a while, but I eventually turned on the jets in the last minute comfortably won 126-108.

Game 2:
My first pick was All Angles, and I was aware that this clearly wasn't one of my good maps. Similar to Tilo, the scores were pretty close for nearly the entire game. Towards the end, I got a couple blues which had put me into the lead by a few points (while CK picked up the remaining reds), but he shocked me and the three spectators (ItzJean, WubbaLubbaDubDub, and jacob69431) by grabbing 5 points in the span of a second and a half to win 66-65. The match score was 1-1 now.

Game 3:
CK's second pick was Sacred, which I replied excitedly almost immediate after he announced his map choice. Again, the two of us were pretty much neck and neck for about half the game, but after a little camping and a couple blues, I eventually took the lead and held it until the clock ran out. I got my second win with a score of 99-67.

Game 4:
My second pick was Concentric, a map I'm close to famous for doing terribly on, especially in past tournaments. The first spawn had a blue, which I had reached just before CK did, and I quickly picked up the rest of the spawn which had boosted my confidence quite a bit. However, CK kept picking up the red and yellow gems well before I did over the next couple minutes (as well as absolutely obliterating me with some ultra blasts on multiple occasions). The clock had gone down to 5 seconds when a blue spawned. CK somehow reached it before me (and damn right, I'm blaming ping for this) and got a couple more gems to win his second game of the match 101-95.

Game 5:
The randomizer picked Nadir for the final game of the match. I would've loved to say that this was the most exciting game out of the five that CK and I played, but I had taken the lead early on with a blue in the opposite corner of the raised part of the map and pretty much kept that lead (and slowly increased it to a near-40-point lead) until the game ended. The final score was 145-102 and I got my third and final win of the match.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't surprised by the final outcome. CK played a lot better than I had expected and totally caught me off-guard. Well played!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 21 Jun 2018 00:39 by Nockess. Reason: What do you mean Jacob isn't Obee?
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks, CylinderKnot, Creep

• Jacob
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Good, but not too good
  • Thank you received: 1
20 Jun 2018 23:52 #36
It wasn't obee speccing it was me

• CylinderKnot
  • CylinderKnot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
21 Jun 2018 01:50 #37
Dave_the_Marbler 5-0 Xeshicraft224

A match between two newcomers could have gone any way since we have not seen anything from them. Even though most players had bet on Xeshi (Yoshi), Dave ended up winning!

ROUND 1
~ OUTLOOK ~

Since Yoshi was the lower seed, he picked first with Outlook, a level that rewards agility and clever use of powerups. While Yoshi reached the spawns faster, Dave's superior marble control allowed him to get most of the gems from Yoshi. As in most cases, the tornado threw the marbles around like ragdolls as both competitors attempted to grab gems near the tornado. After a major early-game deficit, Yoshi recovered a bit, but Dave won with a strong lead of 87-53.

ROUND 2
~ EXOPLANET ~

Following the first round, Dave thoughtfully picked Exoplanet, a level that rewards using the planet for easy gravity switching. Both players generally reached the spawns with ease, but Dave picked up powerful double yellows, forcing Yoshi to pick up the red gem scraps of spawns. Despite this, the game was neck-and-neck for quite a while until Dave steadily improved his lead, winning with a score of 70-55.

ROUND 3
~ WONKY WATERS ~

Yoshi decided to choose Wonky Waters against Dave. Unlike the first two rounds, Yoshi began with a strong game after the first few spawns since he was always right next to them. Plenty of blue steals later, Dave pulled ahead and stayed there. While Yoshi struggled to keep the score gap narrow, Dave's superior control allowed him to win with a score of 113-83.

ROUND 4
~ CITADEL ~

Dave said something along the lines of "making Yoshi suffer" with this pick (my favorite level). Like the first three levels played, Citadel features a central gimmick, and this time it's the teleporters, which will greatly increase your score if you use them correctly. Surprisingly, none of the competitors utilized the BACKSPACE key, which is super duper powerful in this level, and both of the competitors had trouble with the increased movement speed. In the first minute or two, Dave and Yoshi were neck-and-neck, but, once again, Dave's superior marble control allowed him to dominate. With plenty of blues, Dave won with a landslide victory of 92-38.

ROUND 5
~ PARKOUR PEAKS ~

It was finally the randomizer's turn to pick the map. Evil as always, it decided on Parkour Peaks, a map that requires excellent agility and creative use of the powerups. Yoshi established dominance in the first few spawns, but his hopes of winning a single match slipped away as Dave went crazy. Taking an entire spawn before the halfway point, Dave pulled ahead and stayed there. As time ticked away, Yoshi fought hard to close the gap, but Dave's clever usage of powerups allowed him to secure a good victory of 86-58.

This was quite the upset since most players thought that Yoshi would win overall! Great job to both Dave_the_Marbler and Yoshicraft224 for fighting hard for their points. Good luck to both next week!

Signature
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks

• MikeSan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Jun 2018 21:36 - 26 Jul 2018 23:07 #38
Robert vs eNetro

Match 1 - Gems Ahoy!

eNetro's pick. Robert won 154 - 75.

Match 2 - Marble City

Robert's pick. Robert won 161 - 77.

Match 3 - Path Finding Folley

eNetro's pick. Robert won 164 - 70.

Match 4 - Ziggurat

Robert's pick. Robert won 91 - 60.

Match 5 - Sweep

Randomizer map. Robert won 165 - 68.

Great job, you two. Best part was when both of you were getting mauled by the moving blocks on Sweep.

Last edit: 26 Jul 2018 23:07 by MikeSan.

• Thank you received: 146
25 Jul 2018 16:45 #39
Rober vs turk

Promontory (turk's pick) 93-92 for Robert

Par Pit (Robert's pick) 96-70 for Robert

Sprawl (turk's pick) 157-129 for Robert

Pyramid (Robert's pick) 98-61 for Robert

Vortex Effect (random) 128-55 for Robert

5-0 Robert

ggs

:>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Creep

• Creep
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • slovakian marbler
  • Thank you received: 6
30 Jul 2018 06:53 - 30 Jul 2018 06:54 #40
Hello everyone, today I would like to present match of Creep vs. Eguy on week 6, I did better than I expected, so why not show the matches?

Game 1: Zenith (Eguy's pick.)

In this game, Eguy did a LOT better than me, he played super consistently and already at the 40 points mark, he started the big lead, there was nothing I could do at all, Eguy won 123-83, still a good game!

Game 2: Wonky Waters (My pick.)

Now this game was really interesting, we were switching leads like crazy, Eguy stole a lot of blues from me, I was completely under the pressure, it was 120-120 at the end, but I did a super trickshot with a Super Jump and I won 126-123!

Game 3: Terrace Tundra (Eguy's pick.)

So, we all know that I hate this map. But in the beginning, I did some great performance, but later, I kept messing up and missing blues. Eguy kept stealing gems and was very consistent, he got an easy win of 131-85.

Game 4: Marbleland (My pick.)

After that loss in Terrace Tundra, I decided to torture Eguy with my best map, already at the beginning, I was doing super good, at the half-time, I was winning by 20 points, later, Eguy managed to close it off a little bit, but I striked again with blues and did the 20 point lead again. At the end, Eguy got super close to me, but I still won 101-98.

Game 5: Gems Ahoy (Randomizer.)

This is the game where my pressure was so high that I was going extremely crazy. I had a lead for the first 3 minutes, then the 4th minute was lead switching, but the 5th minute was bad for me, Eguy showed his true skill and outclassed me with the score of 124-110. GG!

I expected to lose horribly, but I have to say, I did really well, remember: Eguy is a fantastic player who marks the top 10 players. Great games!

Roll in the crackball.
Last edit: 30 Jul 2018 06:54 by Creep. Reason: Darn it, I switched the digits in Gems Ahoy match.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eguy, CylinderKnot

• Jean
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • The only Maltese MB Player
28 Aug 2018 11:10 - 28 Aug 2018 11:13 #41
Wait why on earth are there barely any write-ups this year. I'll just update it.

I will present the match that well could decide the winner for best newcomer . And thats none other than ItzJean vs LaSharkus.

Game 1: Marble Agility Course (LaSharkus's pick)

It took me a while during this game that i had to abuse the Mega Marble, because i was falling behind after taking a couple hits. Both of us were pushing ourselves to the limit and it seemed like LaSharkus was gonna take the win by a couple points. After distracting him with a few Mega Marbles and Blasts, I took the lead. After that I got a lot of momentum and increased the lead by a solid 9 points. At this point i lost all steam and LaSharkus attempted a last minute comeback. 87-84 ItzJean

Game 2: Platinum Construction Co. (ItzJean's pick)

I started off right on the spawn, which already gave me a 6 point lead. Shortly after that the first blue spawned, and I got it, I wasn't comfortable with my lead until the 2nd half, this lead me to camp. As i saw LaSharkus losing steam, I used my absolute best on this 30 or so seconds. After stealing a blue, I sealed the win. After not reaching the last spawn in time the game ended 110-94 ItzJean

Game 3: Lupus (LaSharkus's pick)

Where can i start?! We both did some extremely amateur mistakes, we didn't get to the spawn after 30 seconds. I took the lead, but LaSharkus quickly took it from me. After me having a disadvantage of 20 points and getting an entire spawn I went comeback mode and heavily pressuring him. Due to a couple lucky blues I got the lead, but LaSharkus quickly got it back after getting to the blue first. More camping but this time is LaSharkus. And LaSharkus got the win in the end 96-88 LaSharkus

Game 4: Battlecube (ItzJean's pick)

After being extremely close for about a minute and a half, LaSharkus started losing steam as i got lucky with the spawns. The game ended 64-52 ItzJean

Game 5: Sprawl (LaSharkus's pick)

Probably one of my least favourite maps as I suck at this map, LaSharkus was never really pressured by me during this game so it was kind of damage limitation. When I tried coming back, he always had the response which continued extending the gap. Completely deserved win for LaSharkus as it ended with a score of 166-112 LaSharkus

Game 6: Ramps Revamped (ItzJean's pick )

It was extremely close until LaSharkus made a match ending mistake as he missed the blue. And that made the gap to around 20 points with only 40 seconds left. Due to this he rage quit. During this I thought he crashed but I was wrong.

An unexpected upset which I wasn't expecting but I was better at that day, who knows? maybe he would've beaten me if the match was tomorrow.

If you don't like camping, go for all spawns, then boom no camping :D

be cool and watch my glorious videos and you get pat
www.youtube.com/channel/UCdizPA26rBvNfxQrpaJZqyw
Last edit: 28 Aug 2018 11:13 by Jean.

• CylinderKnot
  • CylinderKnot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
04 Sep 2018 11:55 #42
next year will involve a lot more butt-kicking

yah yee

Signature

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
17 Sep 2018 07:12 - 08 Jun 2021 20:59 #43
Thought I'd write a post about this [strike]to rub it in more[/strike] because I just feel like I have to.

Game One: Triple Trail
Before I start, I proposed an idea to hPerks and Eguy and we eventually decided that we'd go down memory lane (to like two and a half months ago lol) and play the same exact maps we played in our Swiss Rounds match. The first choice was Triple Trail, and since Eguy was seeded higher for the playoffs, it counted as my pick.
This wasn't exactly the prettiest game ever. Eguy had the better beginning spawn, and absolutely steamrolled me through the entire game to win 121-73 (Eguy 1-0 Rozi).

Game Two: Promontory
This was my pick in the Swiss Rounds. We played a match before our real match in June but eventually restarted it completely due to awful lag, and the first time around, I wiped the floor with him. However, the next two games, the ones from our Swiss Rounds match and our playoffs match, he won within 10-15 points (both times). This time, I was screwed over by the starting spawns, and although I really picked up the pace throughout the rest of the match (could've done some stupid camping and win the game 60 something to 50 something but I despise the tactic), Eguy won this game 124-144 (Eguy 2-0 Rozi).

Game Three: Tilo
Also not the prettiest game ever to be played, and I feel bad not talking much about Eguy's wins, but a 50-point game rarely gives you anything to talk about. We both pulled off some pretty nice stunts (lots of super speeds and edge hits), but Eguy played a lot better than I did to the point where I close my game out of frustration and stormed off. He won the game 121-67 (Eguy 3-0 Rozi).

Game Four: Eye of the Storm
Things weren't looking great for me. The last user-chosen map Eguy and I played on in our Swiss Rounds match was eye of the Storm, and I had a little bit of hope going into this game since I beat him on this back in June. I took a break for a couple minutes to stop shaking out of nervousness, and apparently all of it paid off. This game was ridiculously close from beginning to end, both players taking the lead constantly, but I had my moment of glory as the clock ticked its last few seconds, and I won the fourth game 80-88 (Eguy 3-1 Rozi).

Game Five: Platinum Construction Co.
Platinum Construction Co, the famous map that prevented hPerks from sweeping the playoffs last year (narcissism dab). I've pretty much always been really comfortable on this map ever since PlatinumQuest came out, and it really shows here. Eguy only managed to grab his 3rd point (well, fourth since it was a yellow) by the time I was over 20, and things just couldn't improve for him at all throughout the whole game. I blew Eguy out of the water here, ending game five with a score of 143-188 (Eguy 3-2 Rozi).

Game Six: Vortex Effect
Eguy announced his one and only non-preset pick, which he claimed people weren't going to expect, and he wasn't wrong. I let out a very noticeable curse when I heard Eguy choose Vortex Effect since I have had bad memories of playing this map against basically anyone. That apparently wasn't the case here. The game was fairly close at the start, but I eventually took the lead and it slowly grew and grew as the clock went down, and the game finished 96-125 (Eguy 3-3 Rozi).

Game Seven: Vibrancy Grounds
This was the map the randomizer chose for us earlier in the tournament, so we decided to play it again. I was scared to death for this game. The result of our Swiss Rounds match on this map was 115-114 for Eguy, and the win came from a literal last-second red gem (which caused a giant rage and me almost throwing my phone at Eguy). So I had plenty reason to be nervous about the finale of this match, especially after my performance from the previous three games.
Talk about one of the best games of gem hunt I think we both have ever played. It was a winner-take-all situation, so both of us had to play our hearts out on this map. Eguy took the lead early and kept it for a long time despite the fact that I was always trailing behind by 5-10 points, and the first time I was on top through the entire game was when there was only one minute (exactly) in the game left. I was in an awful position for the next spawn, which happened to include a blue gem that changed the game, and all of the bad luck from earlier in the match finally flipped. I had an atrociously nasty quick-respawn that couldn't have put me in better position to take the lead. I ended up sacrificing two blues inside the last 20 seconds to pick up the rest of the spawns, and when the game was tied at 107, a quick-respawn that put me on the opposite corner of the map where the final spawn was. I collected a couple more points and completed the first-ever 3-0 comeback with a score of 108-113 (Eguy 3-4 Rozi).

Final Score: 4-3 (Rozi)
What a match. You couldn't have scripted this. I feel really bad for stealing Eguy's first serious chance to win a tournament right from his fingertips, and I gotta give it to him for being a fantastic opponent throughout the tournament.
We had our emotional moment shortly after the match ended. Eguy admitted to basically losing it after I briefly told a super sweet story about my meetup with MikeSan the same morning, and I'm certain that Eguy would've swept the match if I didn't say anything. Everyone in the voicechat was basically silent until the topic had moved on from the match.

Thanks for a great semifinal, Eguy. <3

Call me Chris!

Last edit: 08 Jun 2021 20:59 by Nockess. Reason: rozi

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
06 Oct 2018 20:06 #44
Double post, yah yeet.

Tournament finals finally happens. MBO wins 5-1, and it's honestly about time that he wins a tournament, so I'm happy for him.

Congratulations!

Call me Chris!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Regislian, MBOUltimate, CylinderKnot

• MBOUltimate
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Personal text
  • Thank you received: 60
06 Oct 2018 20:13 #45
That was well worth the delay.

As for myself, never thought I would win this tournament when I joined. I merely expected to do better than bailing out to Tue last year in the round of 16.

It also means I get a podium place on each of my last three tournaments :P

GG all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess, CylinderKnot

• Jean
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • The only Maltese MB Player
07 Oct 2018 07:47 #46
Before I say anything, I'd like to thank hPerks for hosting this tournament, it was probably one of my best few months in this community, and most importantly I really improved. Sure there was the occasional fight, but that's life, we can't do anything about that. With 32 people signing up including around 14 newcomers, made an extremely chaotic tournament. I'm proud of myself with what I've done in these past 3-4 months and this improvement wouldn't have been possible without my decision of signing up and hPerks's choice to host this tournament. I never thought I would've won best newcomer and to reach the semi-finals.

Thank You.

If you don't like camping, go for all spawns, then boom no camping :D

be cool and watch my glorious videos and you get pat
www.youtube.com/channel/UCdizPA26rBvNfxQrpaJZqyw
The following user(s) said Thank You: CylinderKnot

• Thank you received: 368
19 Oct 2018 01:53 #47
Congratulations to all who participated in the tournament!

I would also like to extend my gratitude and personal thanks to hPerks for hosting the tournament, offering the prize pool, and managing the massive trove of statistics and data required to accommodate one of the most involved and well-organized Marble Blast Tournaments to date. Thank you, seriously.

As for the participants, I believe some titles and achievements are in order! This time around, I decided to offer up some new Suffix rewards, since we need more suffix variety in the world of Marble Blast!

Top 32: Achievement and 'the Novice' Suffix Title.

Top 16: Achievement and 'the Proficient' Suffix Title, and all subsequent achievements and titles.

Top 8: Achievement and 'the Talented' Suffix Title, and all subsequent achievements and titles.

Top 4: Achievement and 'the Dexterous' Suffix Title, and all subsequent achievements and titles.

Winner: Achievement, 'the Expert' Suffix title, and the all new red PQ trophy flair icon, as well as all subsequent achievements and titles.

You should see achievements and titles added to your account tonight.

Enjoy!
~Aayrl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jean, CylinderKnot

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.236 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.