• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
18 Sep 2020 20:37 #241
Basic to Complicated (26.383s)

This speedrun is Complicated to Stupid, and I was up until 3am trying to make it look good. I think the end result at least shows and I'm pretty happy with it... just the ending is bleh but it's forgivable I suppose.

Enjoy!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
21 Sep 2020 19:12 #242
Let's Play Marble Blast Gold

Xelna takes us on a tour, showcasing his personal bests in Marble Blast Gold, which he worked on for the last six months. As of the time of this video going live, at least 38 of the runs are currently World Records and the rest of the runs' world ranking are also correct of time of posting.

Enjoy!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
25 Sep 2020 17:56 #243
Battle of the Gems (44.402s)

This level has everything: showboating, hardcore spin control and the level itself is stupid. You can't ask for more, honestly.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
29 Sep 2020 05:50 #244
Bouncy Modification (5.281s) & Black White Black White (13.626s)

Large levels call for even larger shortcuts. After all as this is the Short Series, we have expectations to uphold!

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
02 Oct 2020 06:47 #245
Below the Way Down (2.104s)

Fall down, stop time, hope to stay on the level. This is how recording this level went, and 99.9% of attempts were to get the best IC I could get. So many 2.107+, it was crazy!

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
05 Oct 2020 06:28 #246
Blue Engine 1 (19.835s)

A difficult route to pull off but I am very happy with the final time. Sometimes I need luck to work in my favor to get a good sub!

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
07 Oct 2020 20:41 #247
MAJOR NEW DISCOVERY, HOLY CRAP!!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
12 Oct 2020 08:52 #248
The Speed Course (12.350s) & Boing Extreme (12.961s)

Boing Extreme easily tops as one of my favorite runs of this year and will be appreciated much more once you play it and try to get a really low time like shown in the video.

The amount of trial and error, crazy high number of restarts to get the super jumps to fade in properly so you don't get them stacking (which was frequent) because then you go flying... and then if you got the perfect height, it was time for Spin Extreme because the Super Bounce helps you once and you need to clear all the gems without jumping! This run alone is incredibly difficult because the amount of height you need for everything is very restrictive, and of course excellent spin to the finish with a little bit of Ramp Matrix to shave off those milliseconds.

The Speed Course is simple as long as I slow down quickly to make a U-Turn and get a good jump on the mud for that speed gain to get enough height from the edge hit. Surprisingly hard.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
16 Oct 2020 06:09 #249
Bounce on the Run (43.447s)

I have little idea how the run survived considering how badly I screwed up, but here we are! A fun and bouncy level with a number of tricks to shave off some time. Also sorry Ralph, again!

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
19 Oct 2020 05:45 #250
Beginner Course (7.810s)

I originally had this video done with 12 seconds, but when I took the level screenshot I saw front and center the Time Travel to the left of the Start Pad. I literally overlooked half the level, hence missing the two obvious Time Travels. Well it became time to re-record, though this time around it went a lot more quickly and now we have a SIGN HIT added to the mix.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
23 Oct 2020 06:01 #251
Marble Blast ULTIMATE Challenge: 1 Million Spin on Grand Finale (1:15.735s)

I was given this crazy challenge by HiGuy and of course, ended up speedrunning it. This is a lot harder than it looks, so some of the pauses are actually to get better control over the marble (which does not want to be controlled).
As this video was recorded 5.5 years ago there is more optimization to be had but this was a lot of fun!

Enjoy!

Music Credits: Cho Aniki: Sexy Dynamite (remix) by Stone McKnuckle,

• Thank you received: 1
23 Oct 2020 11:02 #252
When I saw the thumbnail I thought to myself
"oh so THAT'S how Spin disaster was created!"

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
26 Oct 2020 07:33 #253
Acrophobia (28.480s)

This level was quite frustrating, with the checkpoints working against you more than anything. Henry levels in a nutshell.
I originally didn't want to speedrun it as it would easily be more than a minute due to constant Out of Bounds and restarts, but eventually grinded it down. It didn't get any easier, either.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
30 Oct 2020 06:54 - 30 Oct 2020 06:55 #254
A Space Ride (9.959s) & Escape: Learning to Roll (12.752s)

Very fun levels to play casually!

A Space Ride took quite a grind to get it properly done and it has points of failure at just about everywhere. Escape: Learning to Roll had several different routes from getting a Super Jump to bypass the gap into using the fans and the tree's friction and then extreme refinement and optimization of movement to really make the run shine.

Enjoy!

Last edit: 30 Oct 2020 06:55 by IsraeliRD.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
02 Nov 2020 08:41 #255
Kurt's Advanced Challenge (36.173s)

We're venturing (slowly) into Kurt designed levels, starting with a compilation of Advanced interiors one after another... very original! /s
The level itself isn't too bad, very Kurt-like in length but also allows some impressive yet difficult shortcuts.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
06 Nov 2020 07:56 #256
Green Engine 1 (22.658s)

The third level recorded in the series (but published as #2), it is simple enough to create a quick route for. We will be seeing more of this series every other video, so get familiar with this layout!

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
08 Nov 2020 18:04 #257
[TAS] Marble Blast Gold - Beginner Levels by DomTurchi in 2:03.600

An incredible Tool Assisted compilation by newcomer DomTurchi, who hails us with years of experience from Zelda: A Link to the Past as a theory TASer.
For the uninitiated, Tool Assisted Superplays are played frame by frame, with runners usually rewinding to previous points in the game to optimize their movements, or force the game RNG in their favor. As Marble Blast does not have any kind of rewind inbuilt, custom scripting tools were built by HiGuy from the ground up in order to execute frame perfect inputs, followed by a conversion to the game's internal .rec format to replay the script.
DomTurchi blasts his way through all 24 beginner levels, demonstrating not only full-blown optimization but also showing how far the community's runners have gone to optimize this game.

Special Thanks:
HiGuy, IsraeliRD (Matan), Xelna, Nature Freak, Cobalt, DKman00, Anson & Mazik.
Videos recorded and edited by IsraeliRD.

Additional TAS information:
- While all recordings will play in a vanilla Marble Blast Gold, all of these were recorded on the community used Framerate Unlocker modification by Derpking (which lets the game run at 1000fps), and I (Matan) created for this TAS a small mod to the game to show the game's third decimal place.

- Minimum allowed FPS is 30 and used in Marble Materials Lab. This is a community accepted minimum.

- All techniques (except banned glitches such as Screenshot Glitch) that are used can be found at: marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/general-...ques-in-marble-blast

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
13 Nov 2020 05:50 #258
Red Engine 1 (16.478s)

Easily the most difficult level in the series to speedrun, it has no less than 6 gems on the GRID which took an incredible amount of restarts as it makes the marble do whatever it feels like. You can't tell that hundreds of attempts were poured into this level just because of the GRID...

The ending is stupid, need to do an early jump for the wall hit otherwise I hit a ceiling, but also need enough speed for the final gem. Lastly I have a blooper (to publish at some point) of the ending because after the 8th gem the level can still destroy your run.

Super satisfied with the time posted, getting the sub 500 milliseconds is an extra.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
16 Nov 2020 06:43 #259
Addicting Machine (26.320s)

Straight to the point level, it is easy to speedrun as long as you don't trip up on the tubes. Tsuf was singing while making this Audio Commentary so I quickly sped up just for him.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
20 Nov 2020 06:27 #260
Yellow Engine 1 (15.564s)

Interesting level to path-find! I originally thought about getting across the gap without using the Super Bounce but you have too much speed, and an alternative route which is purposely done as the expected shortcut is actually slower. Using the fans is also slower, and turns out that the Super Bounce itself is sufficient as long as you have it deactivate right after getting the Gyrocopter. The ending took a bit to revise (it also went through whole bunch of changes, including wall hits) but the final time is one I'm very happy with.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
23 Nov 2020 06:54 #261
Alexis's Station (44.620s)

Such a great premise to a level, let down by sheet difficulty for speedrunning. Playing casually you shouldn't encounter any problems and there is nothing special to figure out. The end result is satisfying despite the glaring mistake with gem #10, but having missed these jump-gems, I played it very safe.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Nov 2020 06:43 #262
Dark Engine 1 (54.763s)

GEMS GEMS GEMS!! This level underwent lots of restarts trying to collect all the gems as efficiently as possible. The Finish Pad is located in a slightly different spot than I expected, so usually when I jump to the finish I completely miss it from the side, or the marble is so low that it isn't in its 6-units trigger range even if I'm dead center.
The final time is extremely satisfying, knowing that I had numerous 55-seconds or just under 55 seconds run failing due to the finish pad.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
30 Nov 2020 06:38 #263
Kurt's Beginner Challenge (40.954s)

Being downgraded to Beginner didn't let me down. So I played exactly like a Beginner player would and skipped most of the level with crazy shortcuts.

I'm quite happy with the results, the Pitfalls interior route change from a wall hit to edge hit was the biggest time save (I can't believe I can't do that wall hit on my life, like seriously wtf). The jump to the Tri Twist/Fork in the Road (totally Beginner interiors, Kurt) was actually difficult to pull off, as you need to align on the latter to get a good Tornado Bowl hit directly to the finish-- of which you also need to slow down because AIR TIME IS BAD.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
04 Dec 2020 13:25 #264
Final Engine 1 (48.409s)

Last in the series, but recorded as video #2 (hence referring to Blue Engine 1). This level focuses on gem collections and some good shortcuts to save a few seconds at key points of the run, ensuring fluidity. This is the second or third time I finished the level under 50 seconds, hence the Audio Commentary (which was done WHILE RECORDING) mentions it as well.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
11 Dec 2020 11:02 #265
Kurt's Level of nfrustration (30.539s & 1.348s)

This extremely long level with "no shortcuts" gets a couple of videos with... you guessed it... shortcuts! So why get frustrated when you can have actual fun?

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
18 Dec 2020 09:18 #266
Learn the Intense Jump, Simon's 2nd Adventure, Let's Roll! & Marble Blender

This video feature 4 extremely short levels that while I can't claim a path on, I definitely can say 'Recording by Matan' ;)
My favorite of the lot is the last one because holy crap, frame perfect with that bumper hit.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
24 Dec 2020 18:03 #267
Kurt's level of Fun and Excitement! (41.392s)

I love having fun and excitement but this level's big shortcut was anything but. Nonetheless the end result is definitely exciting to watch.
The Space Slide interior's edge hit is dodgy as heck and Thrill Ride's interior usually sends you in completely wrong directions 99% of the time and 0.99% of the time not enough upwards height. Once things do work, the marble speed/spin is completely off-track and I miss the goal by wide margins. This is the best I could get so far with the amount of fun and excitement I could give this level.

This is the last of the Short Series for 2020, so I hope you all had lots of fun watching these, and they will be back in 2021.

Enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
08 Jan 2021 18:29 #268
Purple Triangle 1x5 Fotress (1.124s)

Hello 2021! Starting off nice and easy with a catch level that while easy to record, actually took a bit of time thanks to numerous restarts for that sweet low low time that I am happy with.

Note the level name is misspelled on purpose, this is how the level creator calls it, but the Audio Commentary "accidentally" calls it the way it should.

Enjoy!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.939 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.