• Blasted
  • Blasted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
06 Aug 2016 22:01 - 06 Aug 2016 22:01 #241
Marble Blast GLC 2: Normal Levels -

To tell you the truth, I wanted to make this video right when this mod came out; But because of the issues on my old computer, I didn't feel like it was possible. Now that I have a new computer, which you already know at this point, I can finally record these ten levels for a good speedrun. These are just normal levels and no other difficulty.

Notes:

Rotational Pathway - Getting a sub-3 catch in this level was pretty tough. Not to mention, you need to be fast enough to finish without time restarting.

Two Towers Ascention - I originally intended to have two checkpoint abuses in this path, but when I found a faster tweak in this level, I realized that I only needed one.

Agility Road - This path is straightforward and simple, but it easy to mess up when going for a perfect fun.

Perilous Path - One of my favorite paths in the compilation. Lots of time travel catches are present here.

Courageous Movement - Another one of my favorites. This is mostly Rozi's path. I used a different tweak to distinguish it from being the exact same. Lots of wall-hits are present here.

Complexicity Ascent - This is the most annoying level. The reason is because the second part feels confusing. When I finished the level, I didn't want to do another run of it.

Throwback Climber - Grabbing the time travels in the air was really hard. I might've went too high at the end.

Sunset Run - I had the after thought of using the super speed for an edge-hit. Then I thought it would cause too much speed.

Moving Morphinx - Some parts in this level caused me to wait for other MPs to come. I had to speed up a tidbit of the video just for that one tedious wait. I think there are icy tightropes in the Lunatic version of this level. It made me realize why people hate my icy tightropes now a days.

Eternal Swivel - Long level. There were some parts I went too slowly on. Might revisit this level if I can find any improvement.

Songs:
Sugoi! Arcana Heart 2 Remix Album - FLY HIGH!
Sonic Adventure OST - Fight for My Own Way
Red - Yours Again
Last edit: 06 Aug 2016 22:01 by Blasted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
07 Aug 2016 05:01 #242
Great runs in this video! I'm actually working on my own Normal Levels compilation right now! I might use this for inspiration.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
09 Aug 2016 00:20 #243
Meander and Tasty Level (12.123, 19.001) -

Notes:

Meander - For a few months now, I've been kept at first place in this level. Its probably because I have the greatest execution in the pathway for this level. This claim isn't really anything special since I had claimed world records many times before.

Tasty Level - I was informed by Battlecube314 that the run for this level in my MBL 15 video was faster than the one in my MBL 40 video. I felt bad for not bothering to look that up, so I decided to improve my run with faster tweaks with the same path. (some of the end up this video was cut because the game freezes when you reach the finish pad for some reason)

Song: Bayonetta OST - Riders of the Light

• Thank you received: 406
09 Aug 2016 02:34 #244
Totally righteous wall hits at the end of Tasty Level! And Meander looked very good, especially getting up to the platform before the first time modifier with no air to spare. Well done!

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
11 Aug 2016 17:05 - 11 Aug 2016 17:11 #245
BlastedScraps: Ascention -

This level was supposed to be inspired by Threefolder's Descent, but because of the lack of interest while making this level, I decided to reject it. Sure the issues I had with constructor are mostly fixed, but somehow, I'm beginning to feel discouraged by what the best level builders have been saying about my levels. This caused me to cancel certain projects like that Thief inspiration and Meridian. Another reason I canceled it was because I wanted to spend more time working on a certain mod. News about it won't be made as of yet.

Plus originality is not my favorite thing to do when making levels, so I'm not better off doing that. Don't try to convince me to be just that because I want to go my own way. Can any of you tell me if I had made good levels? Because right now, I'm not really sure.

But don't worry, I have other ideas.
Last edit: 11 Aug 2016 17:11 by Blasted.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
12 Aug 2016 00:17 #246
Due to sheer boredom, here is another video for today.

Marble Blast Levels: 41 -

I decided to record level from Marble Blast Future due to extreme boredom and not finding any custom levels to play right now.

Notes:

Gem Hunt! - None.

Moving Platforms - The edge-hit was tough to pull off. You need to have enough height to reach the finish.

Race Track - Extremely low height from that edge-hit.

Gyrocopter - I decided to do scenery abuse to make my run stand out from the rest when playing this level.

Recoil course! - None.

Wall Hit - None.

Bouncy floor! - This run has the frictional properties implemented, unlike iMac's run which doesn't.

Mine Field! - I think I got lucky at the end.

Tornadoes - None.

Bump, Bump, Bump - None.

Dangerous elements - None.

Moving Challenge I - As far as I'm concerned, the start pad trick can help finish the level faster.

Straight Time Race - None.

Speed control! - If you like rebounds...

Landing - None.

Moving Challenge II - That traplaunch was too swell.

Grass Camp - I might try this level again if I can do two half-pipe launches instead of three.

Trap madness! - Hands down one of the hardest runs I pulled off. You have to be incredibly fast in order to beat the medal time.

Pro Challenge - None.

Songs:
I Am - Destructible Times
FamilyJules7x - One Winged Angel (FF7) Guitar Cover

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
12 Aug 2016 01:10 #247
Those runs were just insane! I have never played MBF before, but all those runs looked very well executed!

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
12 Aug 2016 21:31 #248
You picked the first music from the Marble Blast Gold Movie, right? :)

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 Aug 2016 08:59 #249
This is a mod i haven't seen in forever. Love the brilliant job, looks better every time!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
14 Aug 2016 17:15 #250
Training Wheels (22.528) -

This is pretty much my path for this level because very few people had made a video of this level. No advanced techniques were done here. I'm not going to make a MBL video on the PQ demo. There isn't enough levels to put on a single compilation.

No custom thumbnail because of the impossibility of toggle camera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evokrypt

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
14 Aug 2016 22:11 #251
Pretty nice run. The only thing that you missed in my opinion is that if you launch with enough power on the superspeed, you can skip to the next gravity-changing part right after that. :)

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
18 Aug 2016 03:38 - 18 Aug 2016 03:39 #252
Marble Blast Levels: 42 -

No thumbnail because of the impossibility to screenshot and toggle camera.

MBFubar is a mod that has few levels that have replay value. I found the most enjoyment in the tutorial levels. This is going to be a short video because I wanted to cover the easy levels. If you don't like videos at this length, I can assure you that MBL 43 will be longer than this.

Notes:

Learning: Jumping - None.

Learning: Super Bounces - None.

Learning: Shock Absorbers - You have to jump and spin your marble at the right place to achieve a higher time.

Learning: Gravity - None.

Learning: Time Travels - None.

Learning: Gems - Corner hitting might be something new in MB runs.

Learning: Bumpers - Didn't expect to hit the sign and finish.

Learning: Terrain - It is harder to get a low edge hit than it is to get a high edge hit.

Learning: Edge Hits - My favorite path in the compilation, mostly because of how slick it is to pull off even the simplest of edge hits.

Temptation - None.

Spidermon - None.

City JumpHah - None.

Songs:
Sonic Unleashed OST - Cool Edge (Night)
Portal 2 OST - Music of the Spheres 2
Last edit: 18 Aug 2016 03:39 by Blasted.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
22 Aug 2016 03:26 #253
Marble Blast Levels: 43 -

This is my last video for the summer. I have school next week. This compilation is just more custom levels featuring one that wasn't in the CLA.

Notes:

Ascending Towers - None.

Boxes - You need precise timing with the gyrocopters.

Colmesh level - None.

Compact Climb V1 - None.

Easy Street - I would try doing the Ctrl P path, but that got shot down by the staff. So, I used a different path, which is much easier.

Fan Attack - Fans are a reason why I don't do .recs for my videos anymore.

Jumpin' Around - The ending was pretty hard to pull off. Also, this level heavily resembles Cabinet from MBAdvanced.

Matrix Maze P03 - iMac's path, only a bit watered-down.

Mountaintop Pass - None.

Office Space - None.

Pipes 'n' Stuff - The green pipe section annoyed me because I wanted to get out as fast as I can after the first gem.

Powerjohn25's Race Against Time 1 - None.

Ramped Path - This is one of those paths where I have to go fast, so that time won't restart.

Revealing the Finish - None.

Speedy Wall-crawl Race - The edge-hit was a bit too high...

Ultra Islands - None.

Whirligig's Powerup Puzzle - Two paths just to show that any problem can be solved in two ways.

Songs:
Madeon - Pay No Mind
Sonic Adventure OST - Crank the Heat Up!!
Bayonetta 2 - Let's Dance Boys! (2nd Climax Ver.)

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
24 Aug 2016 22:01 - 24 Aug 2016 22:03 #254
60 FPS Test -

The quality of this test video did end up in a satisfactory result. The video quality isn't as high but it is played smoothly at 60 fps. I have a Nvidea Geforce GTX 950 graphics card, but this video can only show really little. That aside, I'm satisfied with this.

EDIT: I fiddled with the settings in the Nvidia control panel, but I haven't gotten anywhere.
Last edit: 24 Aug 2016 22:03 by Blasted.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
28 Aug 2016 21:45 #255
Marble Blast Levels: 43 (60 FPS) -

So I wanted to try uploading an actual compilation in 60 FPS. Because I don't have time to make MBL 44 right now, I decided to reupload MBL 43 with a constant framerate of 60 frames per second to see how it would've looked if the video had no lag at all.

Is it good? Is it bad? Do you want to see my next videos at 60 FPS? Let me know.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
03 Sep 2016 16:58 #256
Scouring the Framework (16.375 and 12.635) -

Two runs with each using a different ending. The first seems to be less optimized than the second.

Song: PlatinumQuest OST - Racing Forever
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evokrypt

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
10 Sep 2016 21:29 #257
Creationism (57.90) -

One of the scrapped runs for the Buzzmusic World Record Rampage simply because it was problematic. This video was recorded before the screenshot glitch got eliminated. It was a nightmare to speedrun this level because of a lot of air movement.

I may revisit this level someday if I have slightly more skill.

Song: Nightwish - Arabesque
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ralph

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
01 Oct 2016 18:37 #258
BlastedScraps #2: BM's Skill Course 3(old) -

Yes, I am working on Marble Blast Levels: 44. Its just that it is hard finding the best levels to speedrun since there are many levels from the CLA to choose from. So, please be patient.

Meanwhile, here is a scrapped level which is an old version of BM Skill Course 3. I stopped production on it because I eventually got bored with it.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
06 Oct 2016 03:40 #259
Marble Blast Levels: 44 -

While making this video, I tried playing levels for the compilation but rejected them. I was originally planning on adding Icy Tightrope Fold Maze to this video, but that level was so frustrating that it is not even worth it. I even played levels that nobody has made a video of beforehand.

Notes:

avi's orange level - None.

Brown Ascention - Pretty much everyone knows the shortcut that literally destroys the entire level.

Curve Crossover - None.

Deranged - None.

Devil's Half-Pipe - The more super jumps you use, the higher the marble will go which will cause you to get a lower score.

Fan Hit - I think I've made a saving edge-hit.

Gravity Tower - Difficult path. The ending was pretty hard to execute perfectly.

Martian Grid - Decided to go at a moderate pace for this level since I really couldn't find a faster route than this.

Mastering Movement - None.

Mega Course - This path is actually IsraeliRD's path from his Replay of the Day in January 2007(which was funny, by the way). I increased the visible distance to see where I'm going. Some may call that unprofessional, but I see it as efficiency.

Parallel World 3 - This is the path I used to get a WR on this level. Not really sure why people bothered to beat my WR in Parallel World, not that I'm asking them to.

Pokko's short race 1 - None.

Ricochet - None.

Scary Tower 5 - Run #1 is an improved run from MBL 24. Run #2 is a more tweaked version of the same thing. The blooper may teach you something when playing this level.

Skill Mix 2 - If you like sign hits...

Training - None.

Tube Slide - Not very certain as to why nobody came up with this path or at the very least made a video of this path before.

Unnamed skill level - This is an instance where it is okay to go slow.

Songs:
Delain - Shattered
Crush 40 - Down and Dirty
Sonic CD JPN OST - Cosmic Eternity (Believe in Yourself)

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
06 Oct 2016 16:47 #260
Nice, I'd been wondering what the path was on curve crossover and there it is.. i had tried almost the exact same thing except i couldn't figure out how to cleanly get from the ice slope gem to the next one.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
08 Oct 2016 19:30 #261
Bouncing Fun Remake (1:44.420 - Walkthrough) -

Just a walkthrough of my Bouncing Fun rendition that I released today. Nothing much to say except don't expect me to grab every Time Modifier. This is made in case anybody gets stuck in this level, not a speedrun for blazing the Ultimate Time.

P.S. I can say, without question, that this level is easier than BM's Ultimate Challenge.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
16 Oct 2016 01:20 - 16 Oct 2016 01:21 #262
A Fun Time -

"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -John Lennon/Bertrand Russel
Last edit: 16 Oct 2016 01:21 by Blasted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weather

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
05 Nov 2016 00:30 #263
Marble Blast Levels: 45 -

This video includes custom levels from Marble Blast Ultra and music from the amazing Madeon(again). Bear in mind, this is MBU in MBP. Not MBU itself.

Notes:

Block Towers - None.

Blue City - None.

Blue Terror - Its been a while since I've done some of these edge-hits.

Blue World - I wanted to end this run on a speedy note.

Borked - Two paths, each having a different ending that is obviously better than the last.

Cyberfox's Level - An improvement from a previous video, although I like the previous video of this level better because of how I unintentionally made the run fit with the music.

Fun Land - The icy slope part reminds me of that tweak in Mountaintop Retreat.

Going Up? - None.

Ice Rink - The run is similar to Monster Speedway Qualifying, except that you can't rely on super speeds.

Momentum - None.

Points of the Radar - The ugliest run in the entire video. I didn't know why I didn't bother to optimize it just a bit more.

Ramped Path - I could grab the lower TT first, but taking the one on the top feels more smooth.

Revenge of the Cragmire - None.

Road to Heaven - None.

Stockpile? - None.

Upward - Blast saving is key here.

Wall - If Velocity Grids has taught me anything, its that hitting the wall is faster than stopping and rolling the other direction.

Songs:
Madeon - Icarus
Porter Robinson and Madeon - Shelter

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
05 Nov 2016 05:18 #264
Sweet video! I don't remember ever runing into Going Up, Momentum, and Wall before but they look fun and I have new inspiration for levels now.
Very happy you did Stockpile though. I was desparately hoping for someone to record a run on that eventually.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
11 Nov 2016 20:09 #265
Motion Square (1:27.429 - Walkthrough) -

Here is a walkthrough for my latest level, "Motion Square"; Which takes the idea from Intertwined Ride and utilizes it in a re-imagined way. This is a video for people who don't know how to beat this level.

Maybe I should do more videos like this where I record walkthroughs for my levels in case people don't know how to beat them for some reason.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
22 Nov 2016 03:24 #266
So if you didn't see my recent livestreams on twitch, then I'll tell you right now that I'm now livestreaming in MBP. The reason I decided to do this was to make my twitch account more active and so far, its been going rather smoothly hence the amount of followers I have right now. Speaking of which, be sure to follow me on twitch to catch up with the latest of my livestreams.

With that said, here is a list of livestreams I did so far:

MB Livestream Test 2: www.twitch.tv/blastedmarble/v/102152978

Marble Blast Platinum Livestream #1: www.twitch.tv/blastedmarble/v/102320574

Marble Blast Platinum Livestream #2: www.twitch.tv/blastedmarble/v/102575156

Expect more to come.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
25 Dec 2016 16:01 #267
I couldn't think of a christmas gift other than that livestream of Rozi's Mini Mod I did. Merry Christmas, I guess.

Marble Blast Rozi's Mini Mod Livestream: www.twitch.tv/blastedmarble/v/109661547
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
19 Jun 2017 04:53 - 19 Jun 2017 05:33 #268
Marble Blast Levels: 46 -

Just wanted to make something for 2017. Senior year in high school and lack of interest are reasons why I haven't been making any videos recently. And I couldn't find good enough levels to put in my videos. Now that high school is over for me, I had enough time to finish recording the rest of the levels for MBL 46.

Notes:

All Over - The reason I wanted to make another MBL compilation. This path is almost a decade old. I just added a few tweaks, but messed up the ending a bit.

Arch Platforms - Seeing as how I can grab the second gem without walking on the second arch, I wonder if it is possible to grab the fifth gem without walking on the fifth arch.

avi level 2 - None.

Edge - The hardest run I have ever recorded in a while. I could improve, but the edge-hits are so hard to pull off that I didn't want to bother.

The Frozen Road - The difference between this run and the run in MBL 19 is the scenery in the former run wasn't in the latter run.

Gravity Dive - One of these paths where an edge-hit is futile. You can get a faster TM catch without one.

Hazard way - None.

Jump Boost Blast - I had to slow down at certain points. Moving too fast will cause you to slip up, resulting in messing up.

Marble Boot Camp - Haven't done a loop exit in a while...

Ordeal. Or Is It?!! - None.

Out and Back - None.

Pipe Nightmare - I could've used the super speed earlier...

Random level 9 by nathan - I have to use the full path because any shortcuts can lead you out of bounds.

Random level 28 - None.

Rollercoaster - First path is ironically easier than the second, because the latter path isn't as easy as it looks.

Shock Absorber Revisited - None.

The Squillo (Ascender) - The tweak I found in this path makes it easier.

Wall-Hitting - None.

What way? - iMac's advice on the TM order in this level helped me on getting a lower time. I also made the path smoother than the one in MBL 16.

Where's The Path? - None.

Songs:
Waste Me - Demon Hunter
Angel with a Shot Gun - The Cab
Metro Madness Act 2 - Sonic Before the Sequel OST
Last edit: 19 Jun 2017 05:33 by Blasted. Reason: "fifth" arch not "fourth"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weather

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
07 Jul 2017 22:00 #269
Showcase: Pursuit (PlatinumQuest) -

Needless to say this is my first level for PlatinumQuest. I'm still trying to experiment with it's unique features but so far, I think I did decently.

This is just a regular skill course with a few PQ's features put into play. There are hidden secrets in this level that I will not spoil. The level will be released tomorrow because I want time to make some tiny adjustments beforehand.

Note: This is just a showcase (as the title would suggest). I wouldn't want to speedrun the level. Otherwise, I would spoil the UT path for everyone.

• MBCollector672
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • click the sergals
  • Thank you received: 76
08 Jul 2017 05:22 #270
Ooh, this looks neat! Looking forward to it :P

dumb furry who plays ball rolling games, gun shooting games, and plumber jumping games

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.625 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.