file Blasted's videos

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
08 Jul 2017 06:29 #271
Man, good stuff -- I'm still kind of trying to wrap my head around a lot of these new features and levels, especially many officials which are centered around demonstrating a single new style of gameplay. But I think it's good you didn't try to incorporate too much thus far -- it's really a down to earth, classical skill course which gives me a sweet remembrance of the marble blast I've always known. :) Looking forward to more stuff like this from all you master level builders.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Blasted
  • Blasted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
22 Jul 2017 15:13 #272
Tiro Test (18.542) -

Here is an awesome time run on my latest PQ level. The AT is a bit of a joke. You can beat it by 5 or 6 seconds if you are good enough, although there are two possible ways to beat it.

The end of this video shows a subliminal message. If you want to hear it for yourself, don't watch this video.

Level: marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mb-custo...est?start=330#141285

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
15 Aug 2017 18:08 #273
Marble Blast Levels: 47 -

This compilation features levels from PlatinumQuest. Most of these are awesome time runs, but few of them are WRs. You may have seen these paths before, so it isn't anything special.

Notes:

Haphazard - Not jumping when being flung from the tornado is an advantage here.

Downhill Skipping - Imperial's path. With some added speed, I should be able to get a better time later.

El Titiritero - None.

Railgun - The ice shards can be a pain to avoid.

Net Force - After this recording, I achieved a world record on this level.

Hip Pop Step Jump - None.

Rickety Race - The only awesome time path for this level is doing it the normal way with some speed and time travels.

Evaporation - There could be a faster way to finish the top platform, but it would just take me to the next section in the same amount of time.

Diminishing Returns - A wall-hit on that orange section seems to be easier than using an edge-hit from Rozi's video.

Terminal Velocity - Imperial's path done a lot faster.

Tricks in the Air - None.

Shelosh - I would fly to the finish line faster, but it would notify it being the "wrong way".

Waves in the Dark - Same idea as Rickety Race. Do the level normally to get the awesome time.

Physical Activity - A path that several people used already.

Frozen Flames - Speedrunning this level is a pain, especially when you have to avoid the ice shards.

Hawking's Dilemma - A faster edge-hit...

Emergency Stopping Only - The fastest path I could come up with. There isn't a faster way apparently.

Songs:
The Girl - Hellberg
Burn Bright - My Chemical Romance
Titanic Tower Act 1 - Sonic Before the Sequel OST
The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
08 Oct 2017 16:19 - 08 Oct 2017 16:20 #274
PlatinumQuest - Press Garden Gameplay

Practice hitting buttons in the busy, tranquil trails of Press Garden. Coming soon to PlatinumQuest.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2017 16:20 by Blasted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ralph

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
08 Oct 2017 21:17 #275
That looks beautiful. Well done!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
03 Mar 2018 03:16 #276
MB Short Levels: 6 -

This is just a test video that was made in Adobe Premiere Pro. I was hoping that the video would be in real HD. Didn't turn out to be the case. I'm not really sure what I'm missing. I'm sure I have the graphics card for it. Maybe my monitor isn't HD capable.

On the topic of this video, these are runs from Gerson's Level Compilations and Rozi's Mini Mod that I might delete sometime later. They don't seem like extremely short levels, but they are short enough to be in a video like this.

Notes:

Air Movement - None.

Ascent - One of my favorite runs to watch.

Curvy Jumper - I would go faster on that grass wall-hit, but I'd go a bit too high.

Elephant Slide - This loop exit is a little tricky to optimize.

Grassy Speedrun - There is a faster run involving a loop exit that I pulled off once. Didn't make a video on it though.

Green Road - None.

Mirror Supreme - This run has one of the more unique sign hits.

OrangeTech - I couldn't find any tweak that can somehow be faster than the ones shown here.

Platform Duality - None.

Slope Run - This run is sloppy for the most part.

Tutorial V - Moving Platforms - Never done a traplaunch run in a while.

Twisted Reality - I'm not sure if that super speed is useful in the Lunatic version of this level.

Songs:
I'll Reach You - Delain
Rave in the Grave - Shantae and the Pirate's Curse OST

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
22 Mar 2018 06:35 #277
Cactus and World of Gravity (21.533 and 11.548) -

Yes, this is video is in proper HD. Marble Blast Levels: 48 will be the first proper HD video of mine.

These two levels showcased here are made by Theo Pringle. I wanted something fairly simple to speedrun for testing out this new quality.

Notes:

Cactus - It is faster to jump to the side of the cactus to build up some speed across the gap.

World of Gravity - Improving upon my run from MBL 28, I wanted to pull of the gravity modifier part much faster.

Song: Punch Bowl - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze OST

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
15 Apr 2018 15:49 #278
Verde Climb (3.619) -

This a level that is going to be in Marble Blast Levels: 48, but it will not include this run because it is outdated. This is due to a faster path that will be featured in MBL 48. As for the path in this video, it is hard and annoying to pull off mainly for the fact that you have to be as fast as possible in order to prevent time from restarting. Execution was tight here. The faster path is surprisingly easier. It took me 13 tries compared to this path, which took me over a hundred tries.

This video was made as an excuse to test out Adobe Premiere Pro for editing and Adobe Media Encoder for encoding to mp4 for HD.

Song: Cape Crustacean - Shantae Half Genie Hero OST

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
13 May 2018 19:05 #279
Marble Blast Levels: 48 -

Here is its, the first compilation to be HD (or a step up in video quality) on my channel. This is because instead of using Windows Movie Maker, I'm now using Adobe Premiere Pro, which is pretty much one of the industry standards for video editing. I now also use Open Broadcaster Software for video recording. Sure, the video may not be too editing intensive, but I can now do at least slightly more advanced editing.

As for the compilation itself, it was a huge pain to make. This mainly because finding new levels to speedrun can be difficult when you already speedran hundreds of levels. I didn't find them in alphabetical order. The first level I played for this video was i'ts purple with the last one being probably Quick Run!. There were more levels I wanted to speedrun for this compilation, but they were pushed to the upcoming Marble Blast Levels: 50, which will feature MBG custom levels, specifically old ones. This video in particular features MBG, MBP, and PQ custom levels alike.

I made test videos to make sure the video quality was up to snuff, which is a reason why this video took at least two months to make. Other reasons include testing some features in Premiere Pro and college work.

Level Notes:

30seconds (10.747): This is Imperial's path, but I found a few edge-hits resulting in a faster run.

Aim n' Teleport (29.219): I wanted to land on the water to make a slower and easier descent through the holes than when I would hit the ground.

BASE Jumping (20.648): None.

Below The Way Down! (1.956): Slow to be sure, but collecting Time Travels is kind of a necessity.

dumb level (8.758): None.

The Falling Marble Advanced (32.303): The hardest part about this run is the edge-hit at the end, just like the original The Falling Marble.

Finish-Mountain (16.917): When I saw this level in Imperial's Custom Levels 3 video, I wanted to play it. But, at the time, I didn't know the name of it because he didn't put it in his video. All I knew was that it is a King of the Mountain level. When I eventually found it, the first thing I noticed was that it was made by Theo Pringle of all people. When I played it, I wanted the ending to be different from Imperial's from 10 years ago, and it turned out to be much faster and more efficient.

Frictional Path (10.716 and blooper): The blooper shows a potential edge-hit that could be pulled off perfectly.

Gray! (13.591): I thought collecting the time travel atop that wall would waste time, so I skipped it.

i'ts purple (2.514): The edge-hit at the start can difficult to pull off if you're going for a low time travel catch. The rest of this run involves collecting as much time travels as I can to avoid time restarting. Recently, hPerks put out a video that included this level showing the exact same starting edge-hit, but he collected less time travels and pulled off less edge-hits, but his run is probably smoother.

Launcher to Heaven (6.171): That ending with the super speed is pretty cool to watch.

The Long Dream (0.618): None.

Marble Airlines (24.350): This run makes me practice my rebounding skills, especially on the skyscraper to money tree part.

Nature Hike (6.935): The mine part is hard enough, but saving time is harder given that some of the time travels are small and are hidden in corners.

Precision Jumping (5.207): The edge-hit here is probably one of the least time consuming ones.

Quick Run! (12.975): None.

Ravine Jumper (52.913): This run is the most annoying, because just one slip up can be a hindrance to getting the best time. The tree hit is extremely hard because you need to have enough height and hit the right spot to finish.

Rebound (49.617): Using the gyrocopter at the right time is essential to getting enough air for the finish.

Red Maze (2.066): This path is hard to execute because there are so many edge-hits and it is easy to lose precious seconds.

Slanted Ascention Two (13.643): Sometimes, I would get the easter egg when pulling off that wall hit.

TENsion (4.796): To those who will wonder why I got a 3.690 on this level, it is because of a teleporter trick/glitch that I found. I'm probably not going to show it because that would feel like cheating. This level makes sure that you get out of the teleporter's range in less than ten seconds.

Verde Climb (2.501): The previous Verde Climb video has a harder path with a lower time. This is Lee's path and it is much easier except for the bumper hit at the start.

Zaor (43.103): Very old level. It can be hard to execute because navigating it can be confusing, especially at the end.

Songs:
Never Surrender - Skillet
Don't Say Lazy - K-On!
Glass On Water - DANGERKIDS
Holy Wars, Be Quick and Just Shred - Powerglove
The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro, Nockess

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
18 Jun 2018 23:26 - 18 Jun 2018 23:26 #280
Skilled (16.078) -

One issue that I had with Marble Blast Emerald was that I couldn't record with OBS while running the game as an administrator. I was wondering why this was until I realized that I needed to run OBS as an administrator too. I've been doing that for Marble Blast Gold and other MB mods as well.

With this issue gone, I can record and upload a run of Skilled, a MBEmerald Pro level. It is pretty much the same world record run as it has always been, with some minor tweaks here and there. The trapdoor edge-hit is more doable if you're not using diagonal movement.

I may record more MBEmerald levels that I have lots of experience with.

Song: Barrel-O-Mermaids - Shantae Half-Genie Hero OST
Last edit: 18 Jun 2018 23:26 by Blasted. Reason: I'm bold.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
15 Jul 2018 03:31 #281
hPerks' & Tails' Musical Collaboration Dream (52.422) -

This level is bad. The only way to truly understand why is to actually play it. A twenty minute long musical level feels unnecessary.

Anyways, watching Matan's stream of Marble Blast Stop II, I watched him attempt a shortcut numerous times before eventually successfully pulling it off. So, I decided to speedrun this level using that particular shortcut. I have found a shortcut of my own before the stream happened, but seeing how Matan's shortcut is faster, I decided to go with that. Admittedly, it didn't take as long as I thought it was going to be. It only took me 15-20 tries. It would've been better if I just double bounced at the end instead of triple bouncing.

Song: Caught Red Handed - Mighty Switch Force! OST

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
03 Aug 2018 02:46 - 03 Aug 2018 02:48 #282
MB Ultra Blast: 5 -

It's been five years since the last Ultra Blast video came out. Probably the reason for that is because I haven't had any interest in continuing this sub-series. After Marble Blast Levels: 48 was released, I made poll deciding on which video they want to see next. Ultra Blast 5 was the winner, albeit not by a long shot. I thought it would be a good idea to make an Ultra Blast video after all this time.

In the previous UB videos, the blast from the now cancelled Project Revolution was used. In this video, all of the levels have the blast that works exactly how it did in Marble Blast Ultra. This was done by changing the game mode to Ultra. It was the easier blast to use. After all, the blast.cs from PR is virtually nowhere to be seen. This is why the PQ levels may not have the Awesome Times shown on the end screen.

This video contains not just MBG and MBP levels, but PQ levels as well. However, only a few of them were worthy of a blast run.

Level Notes:

Jump jump jump (2.259): I'm fairly certain that this TM catch is not very beatable.

Spork in the Road (11.690): The tweak from the MBUltra Fork in the Road comes in to play here.

Escher's Race (28.428): An improvement over my run from UB3. A tweak from the WR run has been used to reach the second gem faster.

Wil o' Wisp (10.317): This is pretty much the same path as the one in the MBUltra version of this level.

Icarus (13.694): This run was made to demonstrate how the blast can break your fall. It helped give me a lower time here.

Learn the Wall-Hit (10.218): None.

Basic Agility Course (19.835): This is a faster version of the hPerks' path from MBP World Record Rampage 3. I thought it was harder, but according to him and as I found out, it was easier. It is more fun with the blast. The ending was a pain, though.

Powerup Practice (36.111): This is actually the alternate path I came up with in my second Fun Stuff video back in 2013, but tweaked and more optimized. Using the blast made it more doable.

Wall Master (24.742): An improvement over my run in UB3.

Winding Steps (13.098): The wall-edge-hit was hard to pull off.

Gap Aimer (8.100): This run is about timing your blast to get enough height.

Uphill Racing (6.003): It may not seem like it, but this run is an exercise in patience, mainly because you have to wait milliseconds for the blast to recharge.

Mini Marble Golf - DC (5.337): Getting that Time Travel under the flower can be difficult. Also, the ending can be cool to look at.

Climb and Plummet (11.655): Using the blast while climbing up a steep slope can help you reach the top faster.

Bag of Secrets... (15.915): None.

Miscalculation (9.713): This is Frostfire's path, but with some blast exclusive tweaks that I found. It is tougher than it looks.

Songs:
Imposter - Red
Night Drive - All American Rejects
Fierce Battle - Metal Slug 5 OST
Last edit: 03 Aug 2018 02:48 by Blasted.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
03 Nov 2018 16:50 #283
The Frozen Road (13.138) -

While watching the Pokko World Record Rampage, I noticed that some of the levels were missing their scenery. I notified the others about this oversight, but they didn't seem to take it to consideration. So I decided to play one of the levels that were missing the scenery in the rampage to see if the run would make a difference. The only thing different about this Frozen Road run and the run by Xedron that was shown in the rampage was a wall-hit at the far end of the level. It makes the run a bit easier than it is without scenery.

The run itself is rather hard, mainly because it is hard to figure out if a jump or a natural bounce is an easier method for optimization.

Song: Boo's House - Team Sonic Racing OST

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
25 Dec 2018 19:50 - 25 Dec 2018 19:56 #284
MB No Jumping: 7 -

NJ7 was one of those video choices that didn't win the poll that I held a few months back, but I've always wanted to do a seventh no jumping video since then. Seeing no jumping videos containing levels from PlatinumQuest made me think that other PQ levels can be done without jumping. Surprisingly, not many levels from PQ can be done without jumping, at least not in a creative manner. I decided to play the levels that can be done without jumping as well as the usual MBG and MBP levels. I also did a few MBU levels applying the same rules that I had in NJ6.

Some of these paths aren't original but they do have some tweaks to make them stand out and show signs of improvement. Part of me was srtruggling to get these runs perfected, or at the very least looking satisfying enough. I did expect the video to be over 20 minutes long since I was choosing a lot of levels for this compilation.

Level Notes:

Money Tree (59.942): The first half of the run isn't too hard, but when you reach the second elevator it becomes really annoying. The edge-hit is really hard to pull off and get enough height from to reach the launcher.

Obstacle Course (9.729): Hitting the stationary edge, hitting the launcher, and using the two super jumps to reach the finish isn't as easy as it sounds when you're going for a new top time.

Tube Treasure (29.456): The run feels sloppy when watching it, but all of my smoother runs after it gave me a lower time.

Slip 'n Slide (7.109): None.

Wil o' Wisp (15.966): It is really hard to do this path without time resetting. Natural bounces are required to do this run perfectly.

Plumber's Portal (29.342): None.

Ramps Reloaded [Roll Only] (17.810): I came up with a few edge-hits to get under 18 seconds in this run.

Pathways (24.330): I would improve, but everything about this run is so annoying, especially the ending.

Tree House (33.096): Don't go too high when using the gyrocopter at the end or it will give you a lower time.

Daedalus (27.131): None.

Mountaintop Retreat (14.546): This run is annoying because most of the time, you won't make some of these edge-hits. This was the last level that I recorded for this video.

Basic Agility Course (39.550): The edge-hit at the top of the level can be very difficult.

Avoiding Hazards (4.729): I'm surprised that in spite of the higher edge-hit, I managed to get a lower time than my previous run of this level.

Sprint (20.727): The trim edge-hit was fairly tricky.

Powerup Practice (42.527): None.

Spin Practice (23.582): Some of the more clean edge-hits are present here.

Floor Climb (44.268): None.

Bumpy Highway (20.150): This run is cool to watch, but the two edge-hits require that you run at the correct speed.

Divergence (4.746): None.

Gap Aimer (15.349): Using diagonal movement on the long wooden arch can be tricky but it does give you more speed.

Swivel (7.348): I used an edge-hit instead of a loop exit because it was easier. Plus, it makes the run more smooth.

NeonTech (29.250): Grabbing the first gem while doing the first edge-hit isn't too hard, but you need enough height from it to cross the gap. I needed a few tweaks from this run to beat the platinum time. Its the edge-hits that make the path hard, and there is a lot of them.

Perilous Road (1:07.036): The path isn't extremely difficult, but the edge-hit speed boost at the end can be cumbersome to pull off. It turns out that an edge-hit from a larger gap makes the edge-hit speed boost easier to perform. Natural bouncing at the ice section is a must when you're going for those time travels.

Combo Course (48.696): I could never pass the first section because the gyrocopter wouldn't respawn. Its only when you go slower when the gyrocopter does respawn. The rest of the path is hard enough.

Thief (39.769): This path is fairly easy, but the nuke hit can be a bit annoying.

Arch Acropolis (9.277): This run is tricky. You need to be at the correct height to get a remotely low time on this level without jumping. It was also hard to plan out a good no jumping path for this level.

Downhill Skipping (20.240): None.

Trained to Fade (12.110): One of the hardest levels to do without jumping. The edge-hits are extremely difficult to do because you need to be at the right place and at the right height to perfect them.

Triple Action (16.353): The ending part of this run was the most frustrating part, because most of the time you won't reach the finish pad and undershoot it.

Path Finding Folly (19.823): Grabbing the first time travel can be a bit annoying.

Level from a Forgiving Mind (31.607): Some parts of this run are virtually luck based. There is one section where I needed to pull back to successfully pull of an edge-hit, but sometimes I won't get enough height from it and have to do the part differently.

Be Elusive! (31.716): The green area is annoying because there is a chance that you might get thrown off by the tornado.

Songs:
Blown Away - Carrie Underwood
BURN IT DOWN - Linkin Park
Rewind - Deas Vail
The Kids from Yesterday - My Chemical Romance
Uncontrollable - Xenoblade Chronicles X OST
She is a Witch - Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movie OST
Last edit: 25 Dec 2018 19:56 by Blasted. Reason: spell checker
The following user(s) said Thank You: CylinderKnot

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
13 Jan 2019 18:37 #285
Ring Riot (18.883) -

This year, I'll try to upload as frequently as I can so that Youtube's algorithm won't screw me over. But because of college starting again for me next week, frequent uploads may or may not happen.

Anyway, here is a run of my level, Ring Riot. While I was messing around, I found a path for it that can be in under 20 seconds. It is relatively easy to do with the hardest part being the bouncy floor part, but that's not saying much.

Song: Sand Road - Team Sonic Racing OST

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
22 Jan 2019 06:15 #286
hPerks' & Tails' Musical Collaboration Dream bloopers -

Six months ago I did a run on this hellish level. It surprisingly didn't take as long as I thought but there were several bloopers that I was keeping for some reason. I wanted to make a blooper reel sooner but didn't have the motivation to do it until now. Not all of the outtakes are shown, just the ones that I like the most. It just shows that I do put effort into my runs.

Another reason why I wanted to make a blooper video for this level is to test out more features from Adobe Premiere, specifically the mark in/mark out tool. It takes the part of the video that you want to put in your project. Thus, editing the video took slightly more effort than what I would usually edit for my other videos.

Song: Caught Red Handed - Mighty Switch Force! OST

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
01 Feb 2019 23:18 #287
Thunderbolt (11.297) -

This run can be difficult to master because you have to time the use of the Marble Copter just right. Otherwise, you won't get enough height.

Song: Majora's Mask Metal Medley [2016] - ToxicxEternity

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
09 Feb 2019 17:28 #288
Snack Paths (25.609) -

This was recorded a few months ago. It was made for a compilation I had in mind but lost the motivation to do it. But, I thought it would be good for a video.

This run is a tad tricky when you get to the end because of that edge-hit.

Song: Tinkerbat Factory - Shantae Half-Genie Hero OST

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
17 Feb 2019 23:14 #289
Level from a Devious Mind (5.472) -

I held the world record for this level for a long time until recently when somebody else beat it. Might as well record my .rrec on it as much as I don't like .rrecs.

Song: Majora's Mask Metal Medley [2016] - ToxicxEternity

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
25 Feb 2019 01:47 #290
Marble Blast: Alternate Routes -

One could say that this video if sort of a sequel to my Paths for Beginners video from six years ago. But here, instead of doing paths that a casual player can do, this video features a large variety of alternate routes. This will not be a series, just a one time thing. Most of these alternate routes aren't too specific, but I think there are some that are. No "no jumping" paths are featured as I got a whole series of those.

Level notes:

Bumper Training [bumper-hit] (2.540): As you'd expect, the bumper hit is really hard to pull off correctly.

Platform Party [old world record path] (11.167): The classic path that was used in the very first world record rampage of Marble Blast Gold.

Ramp Matrix [alternate ending] (19.961): None.

Hop Skip and a Jump [no Gyrocopter] (9.582): I believe that this was one of those pro challenges that Mkbul held a few years back. I wasn't around at the time, so I can't say for certain.

Take the High Road [reverse gem order] (8.381): None.

Upward Spiral [alternate ending] (12.904): The ending that I used a lot of times back then, combined with the rest of the speedrunning tweaks in this level.

Points of the Compass [reverse gem order] (7.184): It is a bit tricky to get that natural bounce from the platform with gem #2.

Block Party [old world record path] (22.611): It is difficult to get a hard rebound from the white block.

Great Divide Revisited [no traplaunches] (36.782): The path isn't too hard until you reach the top. Grabbing both of the Time Travels in that area while doing an edge-hit in between is painful to do quickly. I didn't realize it was impossible to reach the finish without time restarting.

Tower Maze [no traplaunches] (21.481): None.

Acrobat [Jroni's style] (12.000): The path the Matan used in his "Jroni's Acrobat" video from a long time ago, tweaked.

Ordeal [no edge-hits] (10.720): None.

Natural Selection [no traplaunches] (46.246): None.

Tango [full path] (9.786): Launching from the mud curve without overshooting the landing is a bit tricky.

King of the Mountain [no edge-hits] (12.346): In one of my successful recordings, I thought I edge-hitted at the end, so I wanted to do this level again without that illusion.

Gem Round-Up [no Powerups] (14.216): The slope edge-hit at the beginning was a bit difficult to get height from.

Flight of the Marble [no Powerups] (21.287): Yes, I did get the Gyrocopter but I didn't use it. "No powerups" means not using the powerups.

Hazard Loop [backwards] (15.937): None.

Triple Decker [alternate path] (24.254): None.

Roll Like the Wind! [with Gravity Modifier] (11.922): Basically the path I used in Marble Blast Levels: 33.

Powerup Practice [alternate path] (38.899): The path I used a lot when playing this level.

Byzantine Helix [no loop exit] (9.137): I wanted to improve, but I couldn't get the path work much after that.

Astroflight [with edge-hit] (18.619): None.

Pink-Fold Maze [no Powerups] (7.693): None.

NeonTech [no Powerups] (17.311): None.

Platform Race 2 [no traplaunches] (1:02.830): I wanted to finish the level by reaching the finish lower, but I thought without the wall-hit, I wouldn't have reached the finish.

Ice Cold Pass [full path] (13.478): I don't think I've seen a lot of videos of people using the full path of this level.

Michael's Adventure: MBP [all Time Travels] (1.713): I think this is my best catch, I can't remember if I got a better one.

Treacherous Path [full path and all Time Travels] (11.147): When you're not going for all the Time Travels in this level, the full path is easier.

Sand Storm [no traplaunches] (15.302): I didn't think that the ending part was fairly easy, though it is hard to get a low Time Travel catch from it.

Uphill Racing [no Time Travels] (58.879): Some of these edge-hits can be frustrating to pull off.

Trained to Fade [reverse gem order] (10.356): None.

Hip Pop Step Jump [no Time Travels] (6.804): None.

Triple Action [all gems] (10.610): It was hard to get the timing of this launch right, because it was what you need to get the highest Time Travel.

King of the Island [full path] (41.253): The amount of detail in this level makes speedrunning it really irritating.

Race to the Top [no edge-hits] (21.600): None.

Chilled [full path] (15.316): I think the full path is cooler than that level breaking shortcut.

A Bridge Too Hard [all gems] (48.008): (Radar disabled for better performance) I would improve, but the run itself is really frustrating to do and I wanted to stop at a point where I was satisfied.

Songs:
Stay the Night - Green Day
Turtle in the Shredder's Shadow - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist OcRemix
Sunset - Conquest
Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
Hey Hey - Superchick
Raison d'Etre - Rie Tanaka (Chobits)

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
02 Mar 2019 21:59 #291
PlatinumQuest Fireball Problem -

Just something I've noticed. Apparently spawning from a checkpoint cancels out most of the fireball's powers.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
10 Mar 2019 06:25 - 11 Mar 2019 15:29 #292
Editor's Demise (16.601) -

I was recording some levels for a third MBFubar Extra Levels video, but that got canceled due to not being able to find the latest versions of those levels. This is one of those recordings. Other recordings will either each get a separate video or carry over into Marble Blast Levels: 49.

Nothing special about this Editor's Demise video, just Xuan's 2011 path done faster.

Song: Divine Bloodlines (Castlevania) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate OST
Last edit: 11 Mar 2019 15:29 by Blasted. Reason: Xuan not IsraeliRD

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
17 Mar 2019 03:32 #293
Endless Pit (50.121) -

There isn't much to say about this video other than the fact that landing on the second gem using the shock absorber can be really difficult when you're not using the powerup at the right time.

Song: Out of Time (Castlevania) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate OST

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
11 Aug 2019 00:28 #294
Pier Pressure (1:37.732) -

This is my latest level. It is a laps level and probably the longest one yet. It's purpose was to put more emphasis on speed than most other laps levels, while adding gems and a consistency mode to the mix. It's design is based off of Jungle Joyride from Sonic Unleashed, a pretty speed-focused game.

I had the impression that people were having trouble speedrunning this level, so I decided to make a video on it in case anyone wants to know how to get the Awesome Time:

Song: Jungle Joyride (Day) - Sonic Unleashed OST

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
01 Oct 2019 16:07 #295
No video today, but I do like to update you guys by saying that I'll be uploading videos on BitChute as well. I thought it would be nice to publish videos on another video platform in case YouTube gets worse. I've uploaded four of my very old videos so far. I'll be releasing videos every Tuesday and Friday.

My BitChute: www.bitchute.com/channel/RyrjTPRgBiwI/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Regislian

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
30 Nov 2019 20:00 #296
Marble Blast Levels: 49 -

This project first began in September of 2018. Around that time, Leaderboards Packs 50-59 were already announced. By the end of that year, I already had three levels that weren't candidates for the level pack recorded. I wanted to wait until the pack came out to continue to project, but since it was taking longer than I thought, I took it upon myself to download all of the levels from the pack and record them starting in June 2019, when I continued the project. The reason why this project took so long to finish was partially because I was waiting for the pack to release, but mostly because I was busy with college to even record any runs until the summer.

Not all of the levels from the finalized 50-59 pack are shown. However, there are some levels that were planned to be in the pack but were cut. I didn't want to push myself too hard with some of these runs, which is why not all of them are world records.

As for what comes next, not much on the side is planned before my next and final major project on this channel: Marble Blast Levels: 50. I've been all over the place in terms of how I wanted to do it, but I already have a few runs recorded. Depending on how long the final project is, it will either be a two parter, or one long form video. The project, despite being the final video in the series, won't be anything too special. I just want to make something to end the series on. As for the release window, I'll just say 2020 for now, since I don't want to be too definite.

In the meantime, enjoy the penultimate installment of the Marble Blast Levels series!

Level Notes:

Air Time (5.414): Grabbing the first Time Travel is easier if you're not using the Super Speed in the air.

Blocker Invasion (49.815): This is one of those levels where speedrunning is virtually impossible due the timing and cycles of the moving platforms. Even so, I tried to tighten up my run as much as I could.

Branches (38.239): None.

Buzzmusic's Happy Ultra Course! (54.889): The ending is trickier than it looks because you have to be in the right position for the rebound.

Cavern of Cannons (1:07.590): I vaguely remember the tree hit being a hassle while recording this level.

Cube Castle (8.419): The only thing that matters about this run is saving time. Thus, the more erratic movement was hardly a deal breaker here.

Easy Peasy Street (9.756): Going below ten seconds is a lot harder than it looks. I wasn't even aiming for that while recording this level.

Farore (23.094): Reaching the correct height for the last gem was more difficult than I thought.

Flippin' Around (24.990): Controlling your speed while recording this level can be difficult, because you don't want to go too fast.

Frame (24.410): Once you get past that nuke hit, the rest of the path isn't too hard, but reaching the finish with the Gyrocopter in the correct height is a bit tricky.

Gravity Tubes (35.119): I tried not to wall ride too much for this one.

Gravity Tubes 2 (38.134): None.

Green Adventure (37.178): The half-pipe launch was annoying to do correctly.

Green Trick (22.665): The ending requires a lot of air movement.

Hazards (10.721): None.

Hiting Upward (36.150): The sign hit can be a tad annoying.

Incognitus III: The Final Chapter (23.781): I had another method of reaching the last four gems, but it turned out to be a little slower than what is shown here.

Jessica's Blue Lava Haste (1.250): Like I said, you don't want to go too fast, or you'll miss something. Thus, I didn't use all of the Super Speeds in this level in favor of controlling my speed.

Lagos the Lame (7.865): This run was originally for a future MBFubar Extra Levels video, but the project itself was scrapped.

Lil' Red (6.960): I tried doing the nuke hit, but most of the time it would send me in the wrong direction. So, I took the safe path instead.

Limely Quest (21.421): Turning the camera in this level can be a bit of a hassle by the end, especially when you need to prepare for a sign hit.

Marblio Circuit (14.895): The slope hit can be difficult if you aren't in the right place.

The Maze (32.365): This run was for another video, but that was scrapped as well. You need to use the Shock Absorber at the right time to grab the last two gems.

MEGA-COURSE (26.460): None.

Natural Selection Revisited (1:01.534): Using the Super Jump and Gyrocopter combo at the end requires the correct height, which is more difficult than it looks.

Nature Ascention (28.354): None.

Pathly Brown (12.751): This level is frustrating to speedrun until you realize that you don't need to jump at the launch ramp to gain height.

Pesky Peak (21.734): None.

Ramp Playground (26.500): (Done in Vanilla MBG) The edge hit at the beginning is really hard because you need to grab the Super Speed while doing so.

Red Rampage (12.500): I hesitated a bit at the beginning, but I didn't want to record the level more because I wasted too much time on it already. Plus, the edge hit at the end was a pain to pull off.

Red Skill (10.317): You need to use the Super Speed at the right height to aim for the Super Jump.

Road of Despair (14.670): The edge hit and wall hit in this run are admittedly cool to watch.

Sensing Green? (17.043): I remember the Gravity Modifier part near the end being tricky.

Shift (0.645): Grabbing the first Time Travel with the Super Speed can be frustrating if you aren't the right camera angle.

Super Skyscraper (13.247): You can activate both the Super Jump and the Super Bounce at the beginning. It is the timing that makes this run difficult.

Throughput (2.984): This is the best I could in terms of going below three seconds on this level.

Trial Circuit (13.670): A significant improvement over the run from the outdated custom levels video. Most of the sections are difficult to pull off perfectly, but the ending sections essentially require you to do a low enough natural bounce to go below fourteen seconds.

Tube Terrors (11.359): I tried going for less than eleven seconds, but speedrunning the level was frustrating enough to stop at my current best time.

Velocity (12.493): An improvement over my run from 2013. I went for a tighter ending here.

Warped Course (1:21.087): This run isn't too hard, but the Gyrocopter wall hit requires a huge amount of height to reach the top of the maze. Thus, the wall hit might as well be luck based.

Songs:
LEVEL5-judgelight- | fripSide
After Burner (∞ Climax Mix) | Bayonetta OST
Oriental Flower (Litchi Theme) | BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger OST
Big Top Bop (From "Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze") | GaMetal
Rock Club Scott Pilgrim The Game Guitar Cover | FamilyJules
Big Blue | S.S.H.
Lightning Battle (From "Kid Icarus: Uprising") | GaMetal

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
31 Mar 2020 20:42 #297
Jump jump jump (2.361) | Marble Blast Gold -

For Xelna.

This run was originally the new world record for this level. IsraeliRD, a.k.a. Matan, would take that title with a time of 2.359 (part of me knew that was possible, but it is what it is). In hindsight, the run shown here does look sloppy, but considering it is a catch level, it's understandable (unlike Powerjohn's ugly as hell Money Tree run).

I have .recs for other levels that are close to the current world records if anyone is interested in seeing those uploaded to YouTube.

• Thank you received: 406
01 Apr 2020 00:05 #298
I'd like to see other videos of MBG from you! Also, how did you get that time travel counter on the screen? That suggests that you're not playing in vanilla MBG which wouldn't make it valid for the rampage anyway.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
01 Apr 2020 00:16 - 01 Apr 2020 00:18 #299
That time travel counter is a code created by HiGuy in 2013. Download it here if you want it: cl.ly/code/353K3O2j0n1r
Instructions: marbleblast.proboards.com/thread/15905/m...-time-modifier-clock

The .rec was made using a patched version of MBG that lets you enable the framerate unlocker. And since the rampage encourages that, and Matan doesn't have the time travel code (because you have to download it and put it in MBG yourself), the record would still be valid.

I just like to have a time travel counter so that I know when time will restart.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2020 00:18 by Blasted. Reason: Another tidbit.

• Thank you received: 406
01 Apr 2020 00:39 #300
That's fair. I didn't know that time travel counter existed, but it's a really neat idea! Thanks for clarifying!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blasted

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.265 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.