• Eguy
  • Eguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
16 Feb 2017 06:48 #31

Feel better, Kalle?

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
03 Jun 2017 18:20 #32
Awesome new screen recorder I just got, hopefully good enough quality for MBP WRR 3. Thanks to Rosie for help!

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• Thank you received: 405
03 Jun 2017 19:46 #33
Looks good! By the way, if you turn off environment maps and turn graphics to Medium when recording non-MBU levels, it will look a lot more suitable to what you're playing. Gems won't be transparent before you get a certain distance from them and bumpers won't reflect when environment maps are off, and the shaders make segments more obvious in tubes and things which is why you can see dark patches inside the tubes.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
03 Jun 2017 21:17 #34
Thanks! Good to know, should improve FPS hopefully as well.

-Jeff 2014

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
03 Jun 2017 21:17 #35
I have MBP 1.7.4 on macOS, and I have set the graphics quality to 'Medium', but I don't know how to turn off environment maps. I also have this scenario when gems appear transparent when the marble is some distance from them.

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

• Thank you received: 405
03 Jun 2017 23:46 #36
You can turn them off by opening the console with ` when you're on the home screen and typing
$pref::environmentmaps = 0;

I think
The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
16 Aug 2017 19:49 - 16 Aug 2017 19:54 #37
Hype hype -- a new video, my best yet in terms of editing!

My first PQ video, 6 runs, 5 of which beat the Awesome Time. Be Elusive does not pass the awesome time (FROSTY HOW) but I'm sure it should mostly be satisfactory.

As for the music -- well, I'm sure you'll all recognize it. ;)

Enjoy!

Level Notes:

Be Elusive: Not much to say here. Path didn't take long to come up with and good enough to net 2nd place, although 7 seconds behind WR.
Blast to the Beat: Boy, I won't soon forget this one. Got this on the morning of my long and storied flight to Europe, and the time and path stood as WR by a long shot for a while, until Xedron recently found a way to get 23 seconds.
Unseasonably Cold: You may notice I got a lucky shot from the block above the beam where I did the EH, boosting me to the TM in two bounces. Ending is a tad sloppy, but the rest is good enough.
Work in Progress: El_Robert's path. You may notice I used arrow keys for a few of these runs -- while I was in Greece, my mom's computer which i used had a very sensitive mousepad, which would activate powerups by an accidental motion of my finger. I got used to using arrow keys again, which i had used my whole life up till 2014. I'm glad I can now comfortably switch between the two ways.
Terminal Velocity: A great improvement to Imperial's run, which has since been beaten by BlastedMarble largely due to a tighter ending sequence.
Verticality: Barely beats Rosie's run due to a tighter ending on my part, even though her overall run is better. I wonder in awe how Regislian has 15 seconds...

-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 16 Aug 2017 19:54 by Eguy.

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
16 Aug 2017 20:52 #38
That music is so epic, and it goes really well with those epic runs! Epic job!

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eguy

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
22 Dec 2017 21:34 #39

A year ago today, in 2016, this community saw the release of an epic project. December 22nd was the day that Rosie’s Mini Mod (then Rozi’s Mini Mod) came out to the public (at 1:36 PM, nearly this exact time), and was welcomed with many rave reviews as a 46-level masterpiece of speedrunners’ delight. Many top players smashed some world records while we were coming up on the new year, but since then this mod hasn’t seen much action. However, back in October, while California wildfires raged around me, I stayed inside from the smoky air and decided to embark on a full speedrun of all 46 levels in this mini mod to commemorate its 1-year anniversary today. Not only is this my likely my best video yet, but it is by far my longest. In the mini mod’s WR thread ( marbleblast.com/index.php/for ...), 31 out of the 46 levels have listed WRs, and 22 out of those 31 WRs were beaten in this video (one of which I already held). Note that there are 3 levels in which my time beats the WR but I have a better time unrecorded (Tutorial II: Powerup Loop, 13.69, Tutorial V: Moving Platforms, 5.43, and Grassy Speedrun, 12.52. Tutorial V is also the only run in this video recorded in 2016). Also note that Perilous Purple Path was recorded on an updated version of the level which Rosie sent to me (and she will hopefully add that version to a patch someday), therefore my time on that level is the first on that version (so the older WRs do not apply). I had a lot of fun seeing this project come to fruition, and I give my thanks to Rosie for all these epic levels and helping me with some video editing details, and to hPerks for the Green Road path. That said…

Enjoy!

Songs:
Cycerin - Vain Star
Dimrain47 - Jetstream
Symphony X - Set the World On Fire
Nightwish - Dark Chest of Wonders
Waterflame - The Final Battle

-Jeff 2014
The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro, hPerks, Nockess, CylinderKnot

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
10 Jan 2018 21:26 - 10 Jan 2018 21:27 #40
New video!

-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 10 Jan 2018 21:27 by Eguy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
10 Jan 2018 21:42 #41
This is the kind of stuff that gets you into the top tier of the marblers in this community. Really nicely done!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
14 Feb 2018 05:59 #42

Yes, an overly fancy title for a rather simple video. A former WR, two present WRs (one of which is my best PQ WR), and a small bonus you'll appreciate :) (hint: it got beaten exactly a year ago today.)

Enjoy!

-Jeff 2014
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
14 Feb 2018 06:31 #43
Honestly feeling a bit emotional because of how pretty the piano part of the song sounds as well as how nostalgic the whole song itself is.

Wonderful video. All of the runs were really really well performed. It was worth the wait.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
09 Mar 2018 05:22 #44

TTNA former WR. Finally recorded in 1080p :)

-Jeff 2014

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
12 May 2018 03:08 #45

Who's ready to see some UNOPTIMIZED OLD HAT HANDHELD CAMERA RUNS!!!!1!!!111!1!1!1!11!!!

Okay, so basically for the longest time I had an idea in mind of uploading a old-school "marble blast custom levels" video, but that was before PQ came out and all the superb custom levels on the leaderboards, yadda yadda yadda. Jokes aside, I'm a bit sad this never happened, but I may as well upload its remains -- four very old runs that have never made it off my hard drive -- along with a WR I got recently that will probably be beaten soon. Tower of terror is the run that almost got me banned back in 2014, islands of ice is a random run with screenshot glitch from 2014, sinuous has been lying around on my computer since July 2016 and is still WR, and timing loop is a very unoptimized time that just shows the path, also from 2016.

Enjoy!

Music -- an oldie that just happened to fit the video's length lol. Techno Twilight by Dimrain47.

-Jeff 2014

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
14 Aug 2018 13:05 - 14 Aug 2018 13:05 #46

-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 14 Aug 2018 13:05 by Eguy.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
23 May 2019 07:04 #47
Five years ago, on May 22nd, 2014, 11-year old me made a decision that would become a critical part of my life. I can still remember my first moments as Buzzmusic took me under his wing for a game of multiplayer and whipped my ass on Ramp Matrix. Happy 5 year anniversary to you all! It's been a long, winding road but I'm so glad I decided to join this community of fellow marblers which has been a gift that keeps on giving. Through this community I have learned a lot about real life in a way I don't think many non-marble blasters can say they have from a video game community. We always take for granted how important it is to have a constant throughout the many formative stages of your life. All the important landmarks of my adolescence, friendships, travelling, romantic struggles, you name it -- I can hardly think of any one of these without associating it with a marble blast occurrence from the same time. Not to mention that this game has led me on the path to meeting three new friends in person, and hopefully more to come. I could never have imagined that any of those once random names on the screen would become the people who would one day be buying plane tickets to come stay at my house, or coming to one of the biggest concerts of my life, or chatting the night away with baseball statistics when I'm feeling down.

I can go on and on about what MB has meant to me and how it's more than just a video game, etc. etc. for the past 5 years but I should probably tell you all about the actual video. These are just nine custom level world records that I've gotten over the past year or so, and I was planning to make a Xeef-esque custom WR compilation. And part of the reason that it didn't come to fruition is due to what I'm about to say. Over the past few months, I've started to prioritize many of my music studies and other IRL encounters over something which, in reality, despite being so amazing, is just a game. I've started to realize that my real-life ambitions have left little room for the goals I pursue in MB. Now, this isn't goodbye by any means -- when the next tournament, world record rampage, etc. comes around I would love to take part. But for now, I plan to become less active in actual playing of the game, despite being a major part of interactions with the community. So I figured I should just upload what I currently have (including that monster path that cuts down 40 seconds on the last level). Enough said. Here's one of my final big projects dedicated to a mere online community that became something of a family. Enjoy!

Songs -- The Mighty Rio Grande -- This Will Destroy You (A's fans represent!)
Symphony X -- Revelation/Divus Pennae Ex Tragoedia

-Jeff 2014
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eclipsia

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.099 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.