file PQ MBG Levels Crash

• Nathan125
  • Nathan125's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
30 Jul 2020 18:57 #1
I recently was trying to play some MBG levels on PQ, and for some reason, some of the levels I wanted to play, like Thrill Ride or Derwin Dilemma kept crashing on me for no apparent reason. Even when I try to load into said level, the game would crash on me for no apparent reason.

Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
03 Aug 2020 01:59 #2
Those levels don't crash for me. However, my next level pack (TLB) crashes and burns both in the past two updates, which have all the holiday stuff present, and during the last Frightfest. Perhaps this problem is related.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 605
03 Aug 2020 02:02 #3

Weather wrote: Those levels don't crash for me. However, my next level pack (TLB) crashes and burns both in the past two updates, which have all the holiday stuff present, and during the last Frightfest. Perhaps this problem is related.

That is curious. What happens if you delete the various spooky and xmas package files in <pq>/packages ? Does the crashing stop?

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
03 Aug 2020 17:56 - 03 Aug 2020 18:00 #4
Yes. In particular, it looks like spooky-scripts.pak is causing the crash.

Last Frightfest, I described several problems, but now all the affected levels are simply crashing at 99 or 100 percent loaded.

Most levels crash upon loading, one level has white (tinted the particles' colors) in place of some particle textures and crashes when a different particle emitter is created (along with some other events), and some levels may or may not cause an "invalid packet" error when loading.

Last edit: 03 Aug 2020 18:00 by Weather.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.643 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.