lock PQ - Online

• Evokrypt
  • Evokrypt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 69
07 Jul 2017 08:10 #1
Seems to take forever (literally) to load Online. It was stuck on 'Loading PlatinumQuest Online (6 of 6)' for a good 10/15 minutes - surely it shouldn't take so long, even for the first time it loads?

SoundCloud page here:
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 198
07 Jul 2017 10:38 #2
I am having the same problem too. Any help?

lee is awesome
  • Thank you received: 405
07 Jul 2017 10:51 #3
I had the same issue too, but it worked if I disabled automatic login. Bugs.
  • Thank you received: 368
07 Jul 2017 11:20 #4
There seems to be an issue with the auto-login functionality from what I've heard recently.

Please try unchecking the automatic login checkbox and see if that allows you to sign in to the Online portion.

~Aayrl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evokrypt
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
07 Jul 2017 19:42 #5
The issue seems to be some sort of deadlock in the networking code. If you experience the game freezing while downloading data online your only option right now is to restart the game. Some people have had success by trying multiple times to log in, others have not. I'm going to look into this as soon as I can.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: sspenst
  • Thank you received: 0
10 Jul 2017 01:17 #6
I turned off the auto login and it says downloading 1 out of 7 but it stays like that for a really long time. Should I just keep waiting?
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.791 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.