file 4 New Levels!

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
10 Jun 2007 09:14 #1
Hello everyone, today I have FOUR great new levels for you to try out; two which are featured in MBG - Pink-Fold Maze and Orange-Fold Maze, and two brand new levels namely Sandstorm and Ice Cold Tunnel

They are under:
(link to some place that doesn't exist anymore and shouldn't worry you but you still don't need to know it)

Here are some pictures (w/the old skybox) to get you excited
Pink Fold Maze

Orange Fold Maze

Sandstorm

Ice Cold Tunnel

Have great fun playing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
10 Jun 2007 14:28 #2
Haha, Phil. Why use the term SandyTowers for the level, pic, and interior when you could've just used Sandstorm? Lol.

Also, from now on can you please distribute your levels with the filename Ice Cold Tunnel would be IceColdTunnel.mis, etc. It's just easier because Matan always changes it to that style in the versions to keep the naming style all the same.

Anyways, I love all these levels. Sandstorm is definitely a toughy; I've only beaten it one time, but when it didn't count because I used toggle camera- drop when I messed up.

Ice Cold Tunnel is also a very fun level, but the huge sub 10 second shortcut makes it almost too easy to be fun. I dunno about it.. The regular way is really fun and challenging, though.

Both Pink and Orange Fold Maze are great replicas of the originals. No problemo with them.

PF

Edit: I beat it! 1 minute 8 seconds, I wasn't going for a speed run as you can see, lol.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
10 Jun 2007 17:03 #3
For 1:20 hrs I didn't stop playing Sand Storm until 1am... excatly at 1am I beat this level at the first time with 23.78 on the clock. Beat that!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
10 Jun 2007 20:30 #4
Great levels!

4.89 Ice Cold Tunnel

Sand Storm, in my opinion, is high-advanced/low-expert.

• Phil
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
10 Jun 2007 23:39 #5
Quote:Haha, Phil. Why use the term SandyTowers for the level, pic, and interior when you could've just used Sandstorm? Lol.
lol, I've just realised that too I'm gonna fix it, brb

Quote:Also, from now on can you please distribute your levels with the filename Ice Cold Tunnel would be IceColdTunnel.mis, etc. It's just easier because Matan always changes it to that style in the versions to keep the naming style all the same.
Okay.

Quote:Anyways, I love all these levels. Sandstorm is definitely a toughy; I've only beaten it one time, but when it didn't count because I used toggle camera- drop when I messed up.
Heh, thanks
That bit in Sandstorm where you get shot up that loop is a bit tricky once you get the JB, but easy once mastered

Quote:Sandstorm is also a very fun level, but the huge sub 10 second shortcut makes it almost too easy to be fun. I dunno about it.. The regular way is really fun and challenging, though.
Sub 10 shortcut? #$^%! *hunts for path..* Nah, when I find it out I'll put a diamond in the appropriate spot

Quote:Both Pink and Orange Fold Maze are great replicas of the originals. No problemo with them.Pink and Orange Fold Maze are the exact versions of the originals. All I just did was fix maybe 2 textures then in QuArK, swapped the textures around
BTW, have you found the Easter Eggs?
I know Sandstorm's egg is kinda easy to find, but you just need to figure out how to get there

Quote:Edit: I beat it! 1 minute 8 seconds, I wasn't going for a speed run as you can see, lol.
I'm sure that my best is 41-43, w or w/o (:S) the 1st TM.

10 Jun 2007 23:57 #6
Man, I love sandstorm!! I'd say it's a low-to-mid-expert, it's got a lot of challange and replayability! ICT is great to, it's probably a high-intermediate to low-advanced. Maybe advanced cuz we don't have many in there. PFM was great, 10.63 my first try. OFM's awesome too, buy I've yet to come up with a better-than-Matan path for it. Keep up the awesome work, Phil!

PS: I found the shortcut in ICT too, it needs some gems or an OOB trigger.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
11 Jun 2007 00:02 #7
Phil, the sub-10 shortcut was meant for Ice Cold Pass

Beat my time though, I stayed up till 1am trying to beat Sand Storm

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

11 Jun 2007 00:35 #8
Wait, is it Ice Cold Pass or Ice Cold Tunnel? I'm confused!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
11 Jun 2007 00:42 #9
I'm confused too. I think it's Pass right?

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
11 Jun 2007 00:57 #10
3.55 on whatever it's called.

• Thank you received: 15
11 Jun 2007 01:33 #11

BEAT THAT!

BTW, great levels! Haven't beaten Sandstorm yet; it's SO HARD! Also, great replicas of the two mazes. Sandstorm is low-expert and ICT/P is low-advanced, I think.

• Phil
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
11 Jun 2007 10:15 #12
To solve the confusion, it's meant to be Ice Cold Pass

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
11 Jun 2007 10:26 #13
AH HA! I WAS RIGHT!

BTW 3.00 ICPass

• Phil
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
13 Jun 2007 09:33 #14
Sandstorm:
41.57 full path

I reckon a good time

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.855 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.